Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro ordering?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by SeraphicShade, Apr 9, 2004.

1. SeraphicShade

SeraphicShade IncGamers Member

Necro ordering?

Say said necro has 75% block, bone armor, 10k defense...how does the order go? Which does it go through before it goes to the other and then the next. How does this exact order go?

2. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

I'm almost certain the first line of defense is your Armor Rating ("Defense")... if for some reason the monster is able to hit you, you have a chance to block it... if you are unable to block it, it hits you, being absorbed by your bone armor if it is enough to absorb the hit. What's left hits you.

btw, how did said necro get 10k defense... that's quite an accomplishment. :thumbsup:

3. SeraphicShade

SeraphicShade IncGamers Member

Could someone please verify this for sure? If blocking comes before bone armor....then i should use a shield and not rely on bone armor only and go 2-H, and use a 1-H passion instead, right?

4. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

I guess it would be fairly easy to test. Just take a necro, give him a shield with decently high block, apply bone armor, and run out into a group of archers or other enemies. If bone armor applies before your chance to block, that means you won't hear the "block noise" or see him enter the block recovery frames while you still have bone armor swirling around you... your shield would only come into effect after all your bone armor had been negated. However, if blocking comes before bone armor, then you will hear the "blocking noise" and see him enter the block recovery frames even if you have bone armor still swirling around you. I'm pretty sure I've experienced the latter as I always recast Bone Armor when it gets low, never letting it disappear completely, and yet I still hear and see my necro blocking with bone armor swirling around him. I hope this helps, although an expert's knowledge could still prove useful here.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The checking procedure goes as follows:

- Check to see if you are hit, based on your defense and Enemies AR.
    - Check to see if you can block or not
    - Any DR gets applied to the damage
    - Damage gets applied to the Bone Armor
    - Leftover damage gets applied to Necro

The only thing I am unsure of is about the application of yet another round of reducing damage by DR after it penetrates your BA.