Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro ladder runewords

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by k/t, Jun 6, 2005.

1. k/t

k/t Banned

Necro ladder runewords

I made a ladder necro so I can make a few of the cheap Runewords, and now I'm level 57 or so. I have some Amns, Tals, Tirs, Thuls, and I'm gonna make a Spirit or two, Edge, and Insight. I don't usually make Runewords, so I can't remember if character level matters when making Runewords? I don't think it does, but I found some nice items to socket and I don't want to waste them. Arreat Summit had nothing about that, and when I tried searching the forum nothing happened. Runeword varying stats are completely random, right?

Edit: If I make Spirit in a Normal item, can I upgrade it to Exceptional later, or should I upgrade it first?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Yep. Clvl has nothing to do with it.

The upgrade recipes only work with Rare and Unique items. Runeworded items are neither so you can't upgrade them.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

The first nonpaladin shield that can take Spirit is a Monarch shield (elite kite shield). They have strength req over 150 and are currently worth about a Pul on USWest. Best place to find them is Hell Cows.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

The desire to upgrade Spirit shouldn't ever come up for a necromancer (ignoring the fact that it would be just that: a desire): a non-paladin Spirit shield can't be normal or exceptional, and a Spirit sword probably isn't the most attractive thing in the world for a necromancer...

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I think he just made a ladder necro just so he could make some of the new runewords before the reset. I think the rumors of there being a new ladder in June are bunk but it has everybody stirring.

6. k/t

k/t Banned

Cool, thanks guys. Pherdnut is right, I made the necro just so I can get some Runewords to use when Ladder ends. I made a Spirit sword, and an Edge bow, and now I'm gonna go for the Insight. My non-ladder bonemancer could really use it. Are Cows the best place to look for socketed items, not just Monarchs? I will have to find the four-socketed polearm as well. But that's ok, CE Necro does very well in Cows.

7. Dancolen

Dancolen IncGamers Member

Who knows, they may dump ladder only rune words to Bnet only rune words and have all new runewords..... /shrug.