necro item fund: wand

PuppMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
necro item fund: wand

i have a +3 summon (necro) wand and a +1 necro skill amy
if any one is intrested let me know

PuppMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
normally i would agree with you, but i went there and the only posts there are beggars. it is not being use for its intended purpose.

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
PuppMaster said:
normally i would agree with you, but i went there and the only posts there are beggars. it is not being use for its intended purpose.
i kinda agree only beggers seem to use that ^^

JettJagwar

Diabloii.Net Member
I kinda agree with mantis... being that he runs this place. if you want to be generous, there is a place to offer up surplus equipment, even if its currently 99.9_% begging posts.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
The main reason why I've never donated to the necro item fund is that you get people going in there begging for stuff that have never even posted in the necro forum...except in there.

I'd rather help someone that is part of the necro forum that a wannabe that's a beggar.

HoS

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
These kinds of threads normally also rapidly degenerate into random begging. The Item Fund thread keeps that under control and in one place. I could start to more actively police the Item Fund in the hopes of revitalizing it.

zooply

Diabloii.Net Member
agreed. i never really checked the item fund thread but from the sounds of it, it sounds like what happens when somebody makes free games online. i occassionally like to keep stuff and give it to the lower lvl chars, but i grow weary of 'i need free plz i'm poor k thnx' o_O . perhaps you could put in the thread title in caps & bold "NO BEGGING!" or some blatantly obvious warning

Mad Mantis

zooply said:
perhaps you could put in the thread title in caps & bold "NO BEGGING!" or some blatantly obvious warning
Titles tend to be ignored. Stickies doubly so. I'll have to physically delete every begging post.

PuppMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
wow, i had no clue that i was going to start the 'item fund revolution'. but those damned beggers forced me to. what gets me the most is that they never offer, and they beg for the best of the best, not even a 'does any one have any wand at all, it doesnt matter how good it is.' like beggars can't be chosers. but ya, i think you should delete all the begging form the item fund.

Alex Kerensky

Diabloii.Net Member
How do you define beggers though? Anyone who asks for things? That defeats the purpose of having an item fund. Or just those who ask for items without contributing?

PuppMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
the items fund is for people to offer things. like i did in the begining of this thread. and then the first person to ask for it gets it. not "Can I have a free AoKL?" that is begging.

zooply

Diabloii.Net Member
Alex Kerensky said:
How do you define beggers though? Anyone who asks for things? That defeats the purpose of having an item fund. Or just those who ask for items without contributing?
eh begging could probably technically be anyone asking for items lol. i think most ppl define it here thouse as those annoying beggars that just come in for free stuff and don't contribute like you said (or ask for items nobody wants to give away for just free). but anyways.:tongue: it can't defeat the purpose, cause the true purpose wasn't for ppl to come in and ask for items anyways like they do now. it's supposed to be more of ppl posting items, and ppl who need said items asking for them. sure you'll still have the beggars there lol, but things wouldn't be as bad:smiley:

SbCaes

Banned
so mantis what is going to be the final verdict? are we going to be forced to post giveaway type threads in the item fund? or can we post here?

Mad Mantis

For now post here. I'll get to work on typing up some decent rules for a new Item Fund and will make a new sticky for it.