Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro Help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ordin, Mar 22, 2004.

1. ordin

ordin IncGamers Member

Necro Help

Ok folks... I decided to start a necro to help my friends on bnet for the first time.. I read up on all the types and decide on a summon/poison type... I follow the "recommendations" and make it easily to level 24.... now I'm stuck... I can summon 6 skeles, couple mages.. my clay golem.. I have amplify as my main curse.. but I can't even solo my way through the Crystalline caverns in Normal.... Does this build type ONLY work if you start off with uber equipment or am I just missing something? Any help here would be appreciated.... thanks :)

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

You spread your points out to thin. You should have been close to maxing Skellies or already have maxed them. This build will not start to roll over things like a steamroller on steroids until SM and RS are maxed, until then it will be difficult for you. Just continue to put points in SM and RS until you have maxed them.

3. JettJagwar

JettJagwar IncGamers Member

dont forget to devote a skill point to summon resistance...

4. ordin

ordin IncGamers Member

Thanks to you both, I will keep plugging away and max out my SM, RS and see if it get's better.

5. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

One of your problems is your very success. :) If you are level 24 and the Crystalline Cavern is level 29 you are giving away a big advantage to the monsters. Your Skellies have the same level as you are when they are summoned and they are facing monsters that are higher level.This means they find it harder to hit and are getting hit more often. So the problem will solve itself simply by you gaining a few levels.

6. RabidWaffle

RabidWaffle IncGamers Member

your level 24 try late act 3 for a while and early act 4. You skellies will do better there.

7. Dausuul

Dausuul IncGamers Member

Indeed. IMO one should stay out of Act 5 until one hits level 25. The experience penalties are fearsome till then. You'll take forever to level. Run Travincal for a while. Your skeletons will kill faster and you'll get much more exp.

8. ordin

ordin IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the advice folks.... I'm now level 37 and cruising along nicely... RS is at 25, decrepify is awesome.. i was able to solo that Act 2 boss for the first time ever without dying! :winner: