Necro Helm

PuppMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Necro Helm

which helm is better for necors:
wormskull: for its +1 necro skill
or
undead crown: for its +3 skel mastery

also, which is the best helm for summon necro?

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
+3 to skeleton mastery helps more than +1 to all skills, but then it all depends on what your other gear is.

If you have a couple of other + all skills, use the undead crown. If not, use the wormskull.

Das Adin

Diabloii.Net Member
I use an Um'd Golemlord's Coronet of the Squid. With +77 to life and +15 to all resist it is amazing. I consider it clearly better than Shako as it improves my minions that little bit more and gives me comparable health. Remember, as a summoner you really wont be fighting at all, so minions come first. What you should protect against the most is stuff you can't block with minions. Javs from Hell Cats and lightning from Black Souls. I suggest that the best Helm for a summoner is:

Golemlord's Diadem of the Whale two socketed
+3 to Summon (Necromancer only)
+100 to Life

Socket choice includes Ber, Jah, PRuby, Um, and Io (I forget which will net you more life). Pick the onle you feel makes up from your biggest shortcoming.

Friiser

Diabloii.Net Member
They are magic (blue). It may be possible to use the cube recipie to re-roll for this (provided you find a coronet and get all the ingredients), but that'd be difficult at best as it'd take several tries (perhaps thousands+) to get that specific set. Can anyone confirm this?

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm golemlords would be nice..... :smiley:
Id prefer a the rarest rare you can get on a coronet for the necromancer =)
I beleive that it is +2 to necro skills and a further +2 to summoning. If you can get this with +resists...... socket it and double um it. This will grant you a total of +4 to summons... SWEET.
Failing getting this uber rare necro circlet... grap a shako and ist/um it.:cool:

Mildayvin

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally i prefer the look of the bone helm, so i use Wormskull. If there was a bone helm with +2 or better to necro skills, i'd use that.

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Bone helms look awsome on necs. Id love to have the stats of shako in a bone visage with the looks of nats but i can only dream :p

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Your dream has been ANSWERED. Make the runeword Delirium (lem+ist+io) in a Elite Bone Helm (bone visage), you get +2 to all skills, a bunch of othwer stuff including a 1% chance to morph into a bone fetish like guy, and still get the cool bone helm look.:thumbsup: