necro health question

Kit

Diabloii.Net Member
necro health question

before buffs, what is a good amount of life to have for a max block bone necro?

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: necro health question

PVP or PVM?

Well, the simple answer is "as much as you can get after you have preserved your max block and spent enough stat points in Strength to allow for equipping your gear".

To illustrate, my PVM, twinked, Trang-Oul poisonmancer (lvl 87, max-block) spent his points thus:
Str **, Dex 153, Vit 224, Energy 25, Un-spent 35 and has 776 Life (with gear but no pre-buffs).

If I make a max-block bonemancer , I expect to follow a similar Stat plan. I have a boner in Hell at the moment with 190 unspent points, haven't made a decision yet about blocking as he is untwinked, single-pass and self-found and hasn't yet found a shield he's happy with.

Hope this helps in some way!

Kit

Diabloii.Net Member

helps a bit, thanx for the responce =). For pvp with a max block bone necro about how much life should i have before bo/oak? I guess i was wondering about how much life the average pvp bone necro has so i have an idea of where i stand in compairison.

Coldsmoke

Diabloii.Net Member

I have 1622 before bo/oak but it's possible to get to 1800+ with really nice gear.
45life skillers and 40 life rings etc.

But 1300 is very doable too.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Is really ** strength necessary? I thought the heaviest item a poisonmancer needs to wear is marrows, with 118 str requirement.

Coldsmoke

Diabloii.Net Member

I have base str and I wear spirit.
you need enigma/anni/torch/and 30-35str from rings or amus

paul leung

Diabloii.Net Member

I have base str and I wear spirit.
you need enigma/anni/torch/and 30-35str from rings or amus
AFTER I MAKE A FEW NECRO,UNLESS IT IS A REALLY GODLY ITEM,I THINK FOR MAX-BLOCK PVP BONEMACER,THE MODES LOOKING FOR IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:

LIFE,DEX> RESIST > STR
SINCE MANA POTTING IS ALLOW,SO I DON'T COUNT IT.THIS WILL GIVE YOU MORE FLEXIBLE ON GEARS CHANGE(YOU PROPERLY CAN GET OVER IT,BUT IT IS THE AMMY/RINGS CHANGE I FIND I NEED TO KEEP 1 RING ON ALL TIME BECAUSE I BUILD THE STR UPON IT)
TO ANS THE FIRST QUESTION,MY NECRO IS DOING FINE WITH ONLY 2-2.2K LIFE AFTER BO IN PUBBY.(UNLESS I MEET A GOOD SKILL/BUILD OR A GOOD BUILD/HACKER)

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member

Is really ** strength necessary? I thought the heaviest item a poisonmancer needs to wear is marrows, with 118 str requirement.
Sorry for delay, been away from the forums.

** Str was what I needed to equip Trang-Ouls helmet (106 req) whilst using the full Trang's set. SP, so no Anni, etc, no Enigma of course. My other gear was skills-, resistance- and AR-biased ... res for survivability and AR to help with Poison Dagger (which I thoroughly enjoyed using). With the Trang shield equipped, I was well over 106 Str (120, I think), but on my cursing switch I was only just over.

** Str was possibly over the top, I could have trimmed that back, but this would have only given me a little more Vitality and would have hurt the build in terms of the +skills, +res and +AR gear that I would have had to give up.