Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro Baal Bug

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by gunske, Jun 17, 2005.

1. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

Necro Baal Bug

hi dudes,
    maybe somebody has asked it already but : how to do baal bug with summon-necro ? ( the bug : baal won't cast his waves when you do something with necro-summon , so you can kill him without to kill waves )

What to do with necro-summon ????

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I'm not sure what you mean by waves. Are you talking about all the enemies you have to fight before you fight baal, the tentacles that he summons in the worldstone chamber, his clone, or one of his magic attacks?

3. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

I think he means baal's minions. I dunno about this 'bug'

4. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

ofc i mean the minons , in game we call it waves...

5. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

i've never heard of that bug, unless someone just clears it for you

and what is "ofc"?

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

It means Ofcourse.

Never heard of the bug. If it is a bug I doubt you can trigger it. Why would you want to anyway? Summoners have it easy.

7. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

There is a bug involving casting bone wall and then Baal won't summon his minions. That bug usually is solved by having everyone exit out of the throne room. Sometimes the people have to remake the game.

I'm not sure if that's what you are talking about though.

8. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

I think he is talking about a bug that somehow stops Baal from spawning his minions in the Throne area..he just keeps laughing and casting Decripfy etc etc

No one knows the cause of this but its nothing to do with a specific class etc..Necros get blamed because we are the scape goats for game lag and weird glitches apparently lol.

Anyway, it's not a Necro thing..happens in games where no Nec is about.. also, as stated above, people feel that bonewall etc causes this problem..i have been in games where it was spammed constantly with no ill effects..so it's not only BW ;)

9. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Some guy earlier was claiming that confusion caused all the minions to count as dead. But I've used Confusion in the throne room and don't think I've seen that happen. If it worked, Baal would probably keep summoning new minions on top of the still living ones. In that scenario, lag would be your worst enemy.

10. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

yeah, if you have some minions converted baal thinks all minions are dead, so he'll summon the next wave.

maybe he means that if theres a monster in the corner that they dont see then baal doesn't summon the next wave, and people just aren't noticing

11. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

i dont really know what you're talking 'bout, but i do have something really weird that happens with my kicksin.... his V wave doesn't hit my sin... maybe cuz i kicking realy fast, but 90% of the time, i wont get hit by his wave...i dunno why i don't....

12. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

never saw baalgames that are created less then a minute, you join, everybody left the game, you tele to baal and everything is dead, baal to...
    Full baalrun always over 3 minutes.

But i have read something where BW is the cause of this bug,
    when baal want to cast his first wave, he dsn't, laughs and goes in his room.
    so verry easy to kill him for drop

13. Vakarrona

Vakarrona IncGamers Member

Lure every minions outside the little room and he will enter the portal without the need to kill them all. Kinda risky but it works. Not a bug as far as I know.

Only thing I can remember a necro can take advantage of it's his gumby (aka clay golem) + decrep curse combo... he gets slowed down and apparently prevents him from casting V cold wave, fire storm, decoy, teleport and those things coming from ground. With this combo baal is a sitting duck.

14. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

I have also seen this bug, and yes, it is a 'bug'. I don't know what causes it, but the 'confuse' curse suggestion has a ring of truth to it. Probably would apply to 'attract' as well if that was indeed the case.

I've done the 'leaving the room and coming back' thing to rectify this, but it seems to be a hit-and-miss solution at best. Maybe there are others who have a better cause-and-effect theory and how to remedy this?

-Patsy
    "Where there was a huge electrical dimensional accident, some giant explosion, and they hypnotized Orson Welles into covering it up, so first he says there's an invasion from Mars, but then he says no no no, it was just a radio show hoax. Get it?"

15. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

I have this too with my Summoner. Probably it is because Baal is constantly being hit...
    An army hammering him with decrep on makes him cast the blue V wave, but it doesn't hit me, nor my skels. Ownage bug :clap:

16. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I think its just if that area is too crowded with certain things so there's not much room for baal to summon. This usually seems to happen with Venom Lords + Minions because they take up A LOT of space because they're FAT. :D

Constant Meteor + Blizzard + Skellies + Hammers + Hurricane + etc.

- Dennis

17. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

ive seen this happen with bwall. never seen it happen with anything else...\

oh, and that v wave from baal? im almost positive (ok, maybe 90% sure) that it's because of slow effects. if you get him slowed at the 50% cap the wave doesnt hit anything.

18. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I've read elsewhere that confuse causes it as well. I wouldn't doubt it, since this does happen in non-necro games, mainly because of Delerium on a merc or character.

19. matatopos

matatopos IncGamers Member

too often

Good guessing around here.
    It is happening to me very often in Normal, sometimes it is solved if every1 leaves the room (TP or walk) sometimes it doesn't.
    I've done solo runs with and w/o summons and other combos and baal works just fine. maybe the problem is 8 player games? there was another bug that gave You les exp in 8p than in 7p games.

20. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

Omg, been digging up old posts? I don't even remember myself posting in this thread before :eek: