Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nec question on run(walk?) vs windys

Discussion in 'PvP' started by mrJ, May 20, 2005.

1. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Nec question on run(walk?) vs windys

Hi,

So I've heard of this concept of using cbf on a nec and running as opposed to teleporting as a druid attempts to land on you to prevent stun lock, as you can get away quicker this way? Then proceding to spear lock the druid... have I got this right? Is it a preferable way to deal with wind druids as a nec, if you can do it properly?

I know I should've tested this myself but none of my friends have a wind druid.

Thanks to anyone who can fill me in.

2. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Well..in theory it should work...however, running is far slower than teleing...and..if you just "ran" wouldn't it leave an opening for the druid to tele on you and let his summons maul you?

I shall attempt to test this, If I can...
    If anyone else has the chance, try it, I'm not sure I can..

3. Duelskull2

Duelskull2 IncGamers Member

Yeah this works. Dont have a nec but ive done it with an orber/blizzer. Makes it harder for them to hit you while you get an easy lock.

4. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Not sure about this, can't say I've ever tried it. I've done this to Hammerdins with my smiter which worked because of the way hammers are released but I don't see this being as effective against Windies because they can cast nados down.

In theory, it could work. I just haven't tried it.

5. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

hmm... my input on this is:

it depends on which way the tornado travels south. it seems like the direction of tornado changes every game, if it starts in a zig zag direction (goes diagnol leftwards first, then right) then the walking method will work, if it goes directly under the windy, it wont. from my experience, when a windy name lock teles me and begins to spam, i run south a little THEN tele right away. i find that running takes zero frames while tele takes 9-10.

6. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

it works, but its inconsistant cause of the way nado moves like dkay said.

but if you do it fast enough, the windy usually dies pretty fast. i prefer teleing around and spearlocking vs windys thou, too much hassel to get a 30r/w 20fcr nec circlet and switching gear to get cbf, etc.

7. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Hm a 30/20...wish I still had mine, and I'd think a cham ss would take care of the cbf, granted I'd take 7% more tornado damage but meh.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

8. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

some ppl throw on a raven i think, might keep hurrican dmg to a low since you'll be in it a few times if the druid teles out of ur spear lock.

9. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

people on uswest do this all the time vs druids with their necs except they only run if a druid teles on them other than that they will tele
    running necro vs wind druid works real well if it's a unexperienced wind druid

10. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

It would probably work with a necro, since it works with my zon.

Three tips for this though:

1. Never run across one of those puddles in the bloodmoore, you'll get lagged and die.

2. Always try to run downwards or it'll desync alot.

3. Try to use walls. A good druid will teleport in circles around you, making it confusing for you to run in the right direction.