Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nec-a-zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by JanusJones, May 12, 2005.

1. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Nec-a-zon

Picked up a +4 Blood Raven's Charge the other day and got to thinking. What about a summon-based zon? You'd need a lot of Ort and Ral runes for repairing charges, but it could be genuinely interesting. Consider:

Blood Raven's Charge (Charges of Slvl 5 Revive)
    Stone Armor (Charges of Clay Golem)
    Marrowwalks (+2 Skeleton Mastery, which synergizes the Revive skill)

If you wore 2 SoJs, Mara's, and a Shako you could have a level 8 Skeleton Mastery, boosting the Revives by a hefty amount. Couple with a Might merc (with Insight if you're on-ladder . . . I'm not though, sigh . . .) and you'd have an INCREDIBLY entertaining zon! I'd suggest going with Strafe, and plugging in come Dracul's Grasp gloves for casting Life Tap on your enemies.

What do you think, folks?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Sounds like a very cool idea! I just don't think the minions will do much killing but it's always nice to have some additional meatshields. Also the going back to town to repair the 5 charges every 180 secs can be annoying.

I think you can prebuff the Clay Golem by equipping Blood Moon (unique elite sword) which has charges of Blood golem, might be worth considering.

3. Sherlock

Sherlock IncGamers Member

Skeleton mastery on Marrows is Necro only, so I dont think it would synergize Revive.

If you wanna go Golem-zon way, then you need Metalgrid ammy and on swich Bloodmoon sword, so whenever you recast Clay golem, you need to swich to Bloodmoon, so your Clay can have life bonus from Bloodmoon charges.

Otherway is Brandbow with Marrowwalks, for BS.

Courpsemourn has CE charges as well.

And btw, for Revives Harmony is much better bow, as Revives are lev 20 :)) !

PS Every WWS strafer is actualy kind a Neczon, as it counts on Amp damage ! Or the Merc is using Reapers toll :)))

Gd luck :))

4. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

I think your valk would take one look at the new company shes got, give one 'Huhh!' as if to say 'Right, so you dont trust me then!' , then pack her bags and leave. :uhhuh:

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well on ladder i am planning to make a bowmancer and he will use the 'Harmony' runeword in a Blade Bow so i have clay, skellies, mages, revives and valk for one happy party :p This should work for a Necazon as it gives lvl 20 revive charges too :p Add a Nature's Peace ring and u have lvl 5 oak sage hehe For PIs that amplify damage couldn't break immunity my solution is simply to cast Lower Resist and let the elemental damage from Harmony bow, lvl 30/30 mages and fire damage component from CE waste them :p Just stock up with cheap plain summon necro GCs for nasty minions and nice idea with a clay-revives zon! I have a feeling the threat of crazy Dolls would be nullified as they target your clay golem/revivies! For boss runs a Reaper Toll on merc for clay+deceprify combo? A high mana leech perhaps to replenish mana used to summon minions? And if you aren't happy with your damage with that runeword a Might merc using eth Insight Colo Voluge would boost the dmg from minions and yourself plus give you 600%++ mana regeneration too. To keep myself from being jaded with LOD i am very interested in a build at the pally forum that uses partial trangs, Dragonscale Zak shield and +3 fireball Ormus to be a fireballing/FOH pally with Conviction aura hehe. The nice thing about this ladder season is we have stuff like Spirit runewords in swords/shields and Seraph's to provide cheap boosting of skills not normally granted to a class but via items :D I have been planning some fun uncookie cutter builds and there may even be possibilites i ahve not even thought of! Uzziah has a nice build of a summoner barb and a magi barb and barbs can dual wield @@ Wolfholw and Crescent Moon r/w synerise each other to give nice wolf summons :p Cheers and best of luck to your build :D

p.s I think skelly mastery on Marrows ought to work as the author of dat uniq pally used a +3 fireball Ormus and it boosted his fireball granted from partial trang ^^

6. JanusJones

Too bad I'm not on ladder . . . sigh!

Unfortunately, GCs have the same problems as Marrowwalks - they're necro-ONLY.

Yeah - a very cool idea! I actually posted about the build before the guide came out - a fun one, methinks. I don't know about the +3 Fireball Ormus working for a pally, though . . . be interesting to see if anyone has tested this!

Once again, I bemoan the fact that I'm not on ladder! But I'm rich enough off-ladder that it hurts to think about moving . . .

I had another thought about making a Nec-a-zon: Delerium! The nice thing about this is all the "cast on hit" stuff, which, as we all know from using Drac's Grasp, is BIG fun with a strafer :jig: Now if you REALLY wanted to make your summons do reasonable damage, throw on an Atma's Scarab for the Amp Damage!

Food for thought . . .

7. JanusJones

Great point! Bloodmoon for synergy - nice! I mentioned this above, but I'm not on ladder - so no Metalgird for synergy boosts :( . However, if I WERE (and I were STEEENKING RICH) I would go for Death runeword on switch instead of Bloodmoon - slvl 22 Blood Golem for synergy!

And hey - why not Faith instead of Harmony for Revives? The handy thing there is no charges, so no worries about cash. Also, there isn't any listed level . . . how many revives can you get? Could be nasty!

8. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

This is a really great idea. I am going to try this build. I think before starting from the beginning, I will put some of the gear suggestions on a lvl 80+ zon. That way I can go anywhere in hell and see how it behaves against different monsters. I'll let you know how it goes...

9. batuchka

Hmm i have been involved/read threads regarding the reanimated monsters from Faith and generally little is known of the properties of these revives as in dmg, life, AR ,etc. I think its a function of how many monsters you kill and 10% becomes part of your army though i am not 100% sure of this hehe

10. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

Does the reanimate as returned work for a mercenary using a faith bow?

11. batuchka

I should think so as it works like a 'chance to cast' - in this case chance for 10% killed monsters to reanimate as returned :D

12. JanusJones

Add on a Might merc with Pride and you've got all your little minions amped by level 18 Concentrate, level 15 Fanaticism, and the Merc's Might aura - sheesh!

Dang, just imagine the unstoppable army of Hell cow returned amped by all of that sexy Enhanced Damage . . . yeek!

13. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

yeah thats what i was thinking. faith would be a decent bow too, if you can afford it. the % chance to reanimate not to mention its fant aura will be on all your minions.

14. sAYwQQT

sAYwQQT IncGamers Member

The minions made by the "10% reanimate as returned" has like 0 AI, they move abit around but they dont follow you or act like other minions, they dont even appear next to the merc/valk.. I was so disappointed when I first tested this..

-wQQT

15. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

True! My necro merc has a Tomb Reaver which also has "reanimate as returned" and they are not very helpful. At first I thought it was so cool that my summon necros merc got summons as well :)

Oh well...

16. batuchka

Hmm i have not employed these reanimated returned so far - would having Enigma and ensuring 'minion stacking' help out in the sense that these returned engage targets like Act bosses regularly? I mf with a bone/summon necro and things improve a lot once i slogged for a enigma and skellies,merc,golem,revivies, etc become more effective vs Act Bosses like Baal hehe. Is it that their AI make them seem less aggresive or they get lost easily?

17. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

they'll still attack, like you mean if you teleport next to baal? its just that they dont seem very smart