Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ncase? MESSING WITH MY COMPUTER!!!! BAH!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SomeCanadianGuy, Apr 5, 2004.

1. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

Ncase? MESSING WITH MY COMPUTER!!!! BAH!

Alright, I just spent the past 3 hours almost trying to get rid of some horrid piece of spyware called Ncase and all the other crap it installed along with it... And I'm still not done. I haven't managed to remove all the crap yet.

I've used Ad-Aware, Spybot, and I've now got Ad-watch running to prevent the damn thing from screwing with my Registry and resetting my homepage constantly. I tried googling for help with the damn thing, and that gave me a few pointers, but even after all this time, there's still stuff that's not supposed to be running that's flashing around and such and I don't understand how it's doing it....

Whenever Windows boots up, there's a flash of a program window that has "Seari" as a title to it, and then that shuts down. Then, a windows error box pops up telling me that rundll can't find the file image.dll. There's now also an error box concerning systeminit.exe, unless I'm mistaken... Whenever I make a search from google, it opens up another IE window with results from another search engine.

What in heaven's sweet name am I supposed to do?!??!! Bleeding hell, someone with any computer wizziness concerning this damn thing, give me a hand, please. I'm really not in the mood to format my drives or anything because of this crap...

2. mysnistaken

mysnistaken Banned

do you know how you got it?

3. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Sounds like you have a nice little trojan infection. Search for TrojanHunter install and run that, and also run your virus scan.

4. SomeCanadianGuy

1) Not a clue how I got it. Just happened to be farting around the net, blundering from one group of sites to another. Massive swarm of pop-ups. Massive alt-f4 clickage ensues. Next thing I know, all this random stuff keeps going berserk on me.

2) I'll find that TrojanHunter thing, although I don't believe it's a virus. Most sites say it's some ******** spyware from 180solutions or something like that, unless I'm mistaken. All I know is it gone done screwed with my puter and pissed me off. :rant:

5. SomeCanadianGuy

Alright, so that Trojanhunter found 1 trojan file and like 10 "possible trojans". Unfortunately, it says it can't do anything for the possible trojans because the version I have is only freeware... *shakes balled fist*

I found the damn thing in my system registry that was making that thing with image.dll pop up every reboot, so that's been taken care of.

I still can't manage to figure out how to get rid of the systeminit.exe error and Ad-watch keeps telling me that some scanthenet.com ******** keeps trying to modify my registry (which would make all the time I spent trying to fix my registry last night go down the drain.).

What the bloody hell am I supposed to do, aside from just formatting? I'm not in the mood to have to format my drive again... Anyone ever heard of this damn thing?

6. Silvermyst

Silvermyst IncGamers Member

not sure if you've tried this (or if you have NAV)

but you can do whatever you can from here

7. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

yea, i used norton to find the files... and if it couldnt delete them, i just manually deleted them... and dont download the "uninstaller" from the web.. just another adware thing... i cant member what i all did to get rid of it, but i did it...

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Hey! I used to have Ncase thing. I didn't care much about it. But then it was time for me to format. Now its gone!