NBA Predictions Thread

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
NBA Predictions Thread

In light of the several other sports threads circulating, I thought I'd introduce this one :grin:

So, topics to discuss:

1. Best regular season record in Eastern and Western Conferences.

2. Most surprising Eastern and Western Conference team(s)

3. Eastern and Western Conference Champions (Playoffs, that is)

4. NBA Champions!

So, my predictions:
1. East: Cleveland - going out on a limb with this one, but I think they will really start to peak come January / February
West: San Antonio

2. East: Atlanta, hands down. They're off to a great start, and while they'll level off, they have a good shot at making the playoffs.
West: Clippers, I think they have a shot at being one of the top three regular season teams in the West.

3. East: None other than my beloved Detroit Pistons. They're off to a rough start, but once they adjust to no Ben Wallace, they'll make a mid-season surge with momentum going into the playoffs.
West: San Antonio. They're just too good, and Dallas and Phoenix can't compete with them this year.

4. San Antonio, as much as I want the Pistons to pull it off, I don't think they have the depth to win a 7-game series against the Spurs. The Spurs are better coached, and they have the superstars who can get their own shots that the Pistons don't have.

Predict away!

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member
1. Best regular season record in Eastern and Western Conferences.

2. Most surprising Eastern and Western Conference team(s)

3. Eastern and Western Conference Champions (Playoffs, that is)

4. NBA Champions!

2. West-New Orleans Hornets/East-Boston Celtics

3. West-San Antonio Spurs/East-Cleveland Cavaliers

4. San Antonio Spurs

Spurs fan for life.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
1E. Cleveland - I don't think it's that big a leap. LeBron is getting better and better each season.
1W. San Antonio - It's always a battle between SA and Dallas, but I think SA's better start will tag them the best record in the end.

2E. Atlanta - Joe Johnson has been frightening so far this year. If he can keep it up then why not Atlanta in the playoffs?
2W. Utah Jazz - Boozer, AK47, Okur, Deron Williams and Fisher. That's a hell of a starting lineup, and a strange one as well. Two PGs and three big men.

3E. Miami Heat - Shaq will rest up until the playoffs and then become a big factor again, and Wade will carry them the rest of the way.
3W. San Antonio - Nothing much has changed for SA or Dallas, and I think a matchup b/w them could go either way again this year in the playoffs. But I'm a Spurs fan and so I'm picking SA.

4. NBA Champions - San Antonio of course!

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
My Toronto Raptors need another season or two to improve..but they are a huge improvement from last year. Brian Collangello for MVP!!!

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
My Toronto Raptors need another season or two to improve..but they are a huge improvement from last year. Brian Collangello for MVP!!!
With TJ Ford at the helm, they'll definitely be improving. I enjoyed going to UT games and watching him dismantle opponents.