Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

NBA champs?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Elcold, May 21, 2005.

1. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

NBA champs?

I didnt see any threads about the NBA playoffs, so im starting this one. Who do you think will win out of the last four teams (Heat, Pistons, Spurs and Suns) My pick is the heat if Shaq recovers, if not the Suns. :D

2. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

I dont follow b-ball closely enough to know who WILL win or who has the best chances, but I'm rooting for the Suns whom I've always been a fan off. My next choice is the Heat. As long as the Spurs dont will I'll be satisfied.

3. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

like teh omg go pistonz.

but no i dont really like the pistons, but im thinking they'll win again.

can you say.. d-y-n-a-s-t-y? nope. =o

4. skihard

skihard Banned

I remember last year about this time many people talking the Pistons down as a fluke team that can’t put up the numbers to win. I remember in the finals the Pistons were up 2 games and people were saying it was all about how bad the Lakers were playing, that the Pistons aren’t a good enough team and the Lakers will come back. Then the Pistons responded to all that with handing the Lakers the worse game in Lakers history and second worse in NBA shot-clock era history and still the media wouldn’t give the Pistons credit.

Also the Pistons did a great job of containing Shaq last year and I think they can this year as well, the heat have a couple more choices than the Lakers had last year if they can’t get it into Shaq but I still think the Pistons should be able to take it…6 games Pistons win, 7 games it goes to the Heat

I’m going to take that and take what they’ve done this year and so far in these playoffs and say that the Pistons will make it past the Heat and take the championship in 6 games. I hope the fact that I’m a Detroit Sports fan isn’t clouding my judgment, and that I didn’t just made an ass of myself.

5. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Detroit rock city

As I said in a previous thread so many weeks ago, I believe the Pistons have the best chance to represent both the East and the NBA as champions. It's far too early to call them a dynasty (you need three wins within 5 years for that...that's why the Patriots are a dynasty and the Yankees no longer are one).

6. txmielnik

txmielnik IncGamers Member

I think all 4 teams are elite teams, and all the teams play their own style of Basketball. I hoping Duncan and co, will win it this year :thumbsup: Pistons vs Spurs in the finals :confused:

7. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

The NBA is going to make a marketing decision and realize the world hates ugly, slow wrestling matches with a basketball bouncing around incidentally. Anytime a team fails to score at least 50 points in a half the players don't get paid. Thus, teams like indiana and detroit are doomed. People like bruce bowen will become retro throwbacks.

To help scoring the nba will begin to enforce rules about pushing, grabbing, contact at all, and so on. You will also recieve 3 free throws for any foul at any time and may pick who you want to shoot (including guys on the bench). Teams will also realize fouling the other team only helps them, effectively giving them a 90%+ 3 pointer. Furthermore, the nba increased the clear lane penalty to 3 free throws, the ball, and an automatic $150,000 fine for the other team's players (including the bench players). The NBA also mandates than that fool Stephan A. Hunter or w/e learns to control his temper and stops berating Greg Anthony during halftime shows. However, Chuck is still allowed to berate that white guy on TNT anytime he wants to, because its funny.

To celebrate this the suns will beat the heat in 7 games where each team averages 125 a game.

In reality: Uglyball will prevail again - spurs over the pistons. The pistons will only score over 80 once, and will still manage to take the series to 6 games.

Garbad

8. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

Of course, I am pulling for the Suns! *checks location* Yep! :p

They are the best conditioned team in the league, so we will see if their high-powered offense can wear out the strong defensive teams. If anything, hopefully Steve Nash has proven to the doubters why he deserved the MVP award. He has been nothing but spectacular in the playoffs. 1 rebound short of another triple double last night.

In reality, I think the Pistons will win the championship. I rooted for them last year, but that was because they were playing the evil Lakers. I don't think Miami has the right players to match up with Detroit. Detroit has a more well-rounded starting five.

I still say...GOGO SUNS!! They bring the fun back to basketball! :D

9. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

The Heat blew out their last opponents without Shaq. So it would appear that Wade is the real star on that team. But they still need him defensively against Pistons. But I'd still pick the Pistons in lieu of their defense, Larry Brown, and Ben Wallace.

In the West, I like the Suns, but they're going to have a problem with Gionnobli. It's a toss.

10. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

Nash is a stud. Guess Mark Cuban didn't know basketball as much as he thought he did.

11. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

The reason i chose the heat and the suns is because I like exciting and high scoring basketball games, Pistons and Spurs are quite boring to watch :eek: .