Diabloii.Net Member
NBA All Star Game

how many of you watched it?
i did, and it was amazing.

if you didnt catch it, the scores were as follow:
East: 132
West: 136

:thumbsup:

yeah, i was rootin for the west - gogo AZ and WA. :)

MagiusTheGrey

Diabloii.Net Member
Game was amazing. However, i still cant get over the way Christina Aguilera butchered the Star Spangled Banner before the game. All in the name of art right???[/sarcasm]

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
MagiusTheGrey said:
Game was amazing. However, i still cant get over the way Christina Aguilera butchered the Star Spangled Banner before the game. All in the name of art right???[/sarcasm]

yes she did! it was terrible! :xx:

Nelly wasnt bad.

cougar

Diabloii.Net Member
Nelly Furtado was waaaaaaaaay worse. She sounded like she was sick.

That's just her singing style i think (at least that's the way she sounds normally to me).. i don't think she's a very good singer, but i still like her music a lot.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh, I actually didn't think it was a very good game. I mean, it was entertaining, but even though it was kind of close, it wasn't suspenseful. The game was full of some spectacular dunks and nifty tricks for sure, but it was so run and gun that there wasn't a whole lot of skill exhibited. Just launch threes and throw passes off the backboard.

In my humble opinion, both the Pro Bowl and Hockey All Star game were surprisingly good, and better than the Basketball All Star game. Those other two games were obviously higher scoring affairs that allowed for some theatrics, but there was the right amount of seriousness put on them to make it suspenseful. The one on one chances in the hockey game were great, but there was constant back-checking to make sure that the game didn't turn into another 12-10 piece of garbage. And look at Roy Williams' hit on Todd Heap in the Pro Bowl and tell me they weren't playing defense.

The basketball game just wasn't too interesting. Not serious enough to keep people on the edge of their seat, and not flashy enough (save VC's one ridiculous dunk) to be as entertaining as the other all star games.

Oh, and Christina Aguilera butchered the anthem horribly. I don't have anything against her to begin with, but god, that was awful.