nature's peace ring

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
nature's peace ring

i have now found 3 of these and it seems a shame that i havent found a character who can make good use of one.
the oak sage is a great bonus to any character of course, where it not for the odd combination of almost no defence at slvl5 and a bizzare head butt attack that does about 0-2 damage and leads to insta-death for the spirit. if only the damn thing would stay out of the fight!
so, it hit me. why not give it to my mf summon necro? the bonus to my armies life would be great, and just maybe, with all those other things for the devils denizions to attack they will leave my sage alone..
so far my necro isnt at level69 so i cant try it and i still doubt its ability to last long in hell.
there is a major caveat to my idea though, does the rest in peace mod carry to minions, or does it only count if the ring wearer makes the kill? dune

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member
If I got it right, I remember reading somewhere that the mod only works if your character actually made the killing blow. But don't bet on it... I haven't tried wearing the ring. Somebody more knowledgeable will come to the rescue. :p

EDIT:

Arreat Summit said:
Nature's Peace: "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace" means that the bodies can't be resurrected or they can't be used to raise skeletons (Necromancer). They can't be used for Corpse Explosion either. It will work only if you kill the enemy with a physical damage and not magical damage.
But didn't say if your minions are included...

--maxgerin

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
I used it on my strafezon when she was running baal. Didn't hurt to have resting in peace in the throne of destruction. It sucks really, really bad for a necromancer with CE, though. Forget about the oak sage, btw, he doesn't last 10 seconds.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
I've used mine on my LF zon. Terrific, especially since she's my Pindle-runner. The baddies die quickly... and then they don't get back up :)

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
It sucks really, really bad for a necromancer with CE, though. Forget about the oak sage, btw, he doesn't last 10 seconds.
this necro is a curser with an army. he has 531mf and is puny. he stays behind his army and spits obscenities from safety. i tried the ring on my wolf barb in hell and you are right the sage dies the first time it is hit.
--
thanks maxgerin maybe i will wait and try it. levelling my necro is slow though.

KrAzY3

Diabloii.Net Member
I to have pondered different uses for this ring. It seems to great at first, then when you try using it... you're like damn well what good is it? It does have very limited application.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
I had the Sage from my HotO last up until Ventar on a Baal run, once.

It was pretty awesome.

JicamaEater

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, the Arreat Summit is incorrect when it says that you have to use a weapon and not a spell to get SBRIP. It is horrid for a necromancer, for most classes either an annoyance or not worthwhile. Most people can freeze the enemies if they want them dead that bad.

Good luck finding a character that can wear three by the way. :lol:

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
I play untwinked HC and simply quest - no MFing, so keep that in mind with my response... :D

My only Nature's Peace was perfect when my light/fire trapper took on Hell Ancients. I was able to stand back from the fight, and the OS gave my merc and shadow extra life - VERY important, since I was playing P8. I needed any edge I could come up with!

I think this experience scales to any ranged charater. Summon the spirit, far away from the fight. Your merc and minions will love you for it!

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
As for the Rest In Peace, it does not work for minion kills but it does work for the kills made with CE.

Personally it would be a waste to use nature's peace on a summoner. Your army is hardy in danger and if something is strong enough go beyond the skellies, the spirit is dead fast and doesn't help out. (The extra life only looks good when you are not in danger.)

Randall

Hiedran

Diabloii.Net Member
AlterEgo said:
My only Nature's Peace was perfect when my light/fire trapper took on Hell Ancients. I was able to stand back from the fight, and the OS gave my merc and shadow extra life - VERY important, since I was playing P8. I needed any edge I could come up with!
P8HA HC? AE, you're IITM! (Insane in the membrane.)

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm. thanks all for your responses.
so i think we agree, kills made with my minions would still leave useable corpses.

we clearly have 2 opposing camps about the usefulness of the oak sage though.

my only real experience of sage is with my wind druid. he has it maxed out.
it still dies in hell, particularly when running meph. for some reason it will insist on buzzing repeatedly about meph's head! even if i cast it as far away as i can reach, it will sit there for a few seconds, then come charging to my rescue, whether i need it or not. and promptly get itself immolated.

i still think that if i can protect it, the life boost would be great for my army and merc.

its a shame, it all looks so promising on paper..

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Necromancer's minions never need the life boost in the first place so it's no big loss...
for my clvl90 ce/summon/decrepify necro who is now retired, i would agree with you. he is my only sc character who went through whole game, killed baal in hell and never died. but he had +15ish skills and all the trimmings
--
this necro was built with one thing in mind. magic finding. he has 531 mf now (more when he is high enough to equip a gheeds) and 767 mf if my merc gets the kill. he has +1 all skills only from this

Tarnhelm
Skull Cap
Defense: 8
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 18
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x58e5ffc5
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
67% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (1: 1 used).

so he only summons 9 skellies. i also decided to forgo all other summons except 1 point in clay golum.
so you see the life boost would be useful in this case, if i can get it to work.
btw have any of you ever seen higher mf on an amulet than this?

Fortuitous Amulet of Luck
Required Level: 19
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0xdf2108c7
49% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items. dune

KrAzY3

Diabloii.Net Member
I must confess... I still have some dreams of using the ring in combination with a beta Call to Arms. I mean, imagine the life boost you're minions are getting with that combination. I suppose I'll just need to find a Wisp Projector, nice MF to go along with the spirits. Beats the rest in peace mod.