Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nat's WWSin; Need some input

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by srrw, Oct 3, 2018.

1. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

I have had this build in mind for a long time. Now that I have almost scraped the equipment together and have the Assassin waiting at NM Baal, trying to push the levels so I can equip the full set at the start of Hell which is very unlikely, but with a couple of Cold Plains runs or something it should be archivable (Nat's Claw is rlvl79).

I have a couple of questions regarding WW. Since I have never played a WW Barb I have no idea how much IAS I will need to hit the last BP. What's the glove/boot claw business all about? I don't want to have to equip/unequip claws every time to WSM bug (or whatever it's called). I also would like some input on gear as well.

I plan to run Travincal with her after I make it to Guardian and that will have an effect in my gear choices.

Planned setup;

W1: Natalya's Mark (Socket)
    W2: 'Chaos' Scissors Suwayyah
    I still don't have a base I like. I want a SS for the looks, but it's a high TC item, so it's not very probable I'll find a perfect base. I'm looking for +DFlight, +Venom. A plain one might do for now as I can spare the points for DF. Repair costs are NOT an issue.
    Helm: Natalya's Totem (Socket)
    Armor: Natalya's Shadow (Socket x3)
    Gloves: Drac's (for general questing); LoH (for Travincal)
    I think I'll be safe enough with BO and Decrep to not have to use Drac's in Travincal, I'm not sure about questing yet
    Belt: String of Ears
    Boots: Natalya's Soul
    Amulet: HLW
    Ring1: RF
    Ring2: Dwarf/High AR rare?

I'm not sure what I want to put in the sockets; probably ED jewels. Any other ideas I'm possibly missing?

Merc and gear is the usual. Might - Reaper's/Gaze/Treachery for questing; Reaper's/Kira's/GA for Travincal.

Skillwise I'm also not completely sure about the build. So far I've had this in mind:

Claw Mastery - 20
    Venom - 20
    Weapon block - 1+ (Does WB work while Whirling?)
    Dragon flight - 1
    Mind Blast - not needed for Trav, could be useful for questing tho.

Rest? I don't think I want to use DS for Travincal. I was thinking Blade shield for the lulz. It's something, eh?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    T72on1 likes this.
  2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I don’t think she will be strong enough for Trav. It will be doable, but slow. Claws have relatively low base damage, so getting enough damage will be the issue. That shouldn’t stop you getting her to Guardian though, it is a great character to play.

A few answers to your questions:
    - ctc doesn’t work with WW - Gloves should be LoH, Trang’s (for Venom boost) of crafted CB.
    - I would put 20 points into DS and Blade Fury
    - Yes WB works during WW
    - Tables in Assassin forum include WW. Also downloadable in SPF stickies.

Edit: Why not DS in Trav? It usn’t Like you can hork the corpses.

Pb_pal and T72on1 like this.
  3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

With Chaos and Nat's Mark, you'll hit the fastest ww breakpoint, regardless of other ias, Chaos Base or whichever is your primary weapon (if the latter matters anyway, I thought it didn't). At least according to the German attack speed calculator. So you can use the socket in the Nat's Mark for something else than Shael or ias jewel. War Fist would be the ideal base for Chaos in this case, because it has the highest average damage, but unfortunately it can't get 3 sockets. So I'd go with Suwayyah or Scissors Suwayyah. But rereading your post I see that you already settled on SS. And with good reason, they look awesome. I agree with your ideal base. Good thing is that Ohms aren't that rare, so you can use any SS to start with and upgrade if you ever find a better base.

Weapon Block works while WWing. So I'd definitely get that to good levels, around lvl 10 I guess.

WW Sins typically have CTH issues, although Nat's claw comes with ITD. But since you want to run Travinval with this character and ITD doesn't work on unique and super uniques bosses, you'll still have a low chance to hit vs those. In that respect I'd put a decent amount of points into CoS. Not sure how many points would be needed to get good CTH though, it depends on your clvl obviously, but I'll let others do the math :cool:.

Another skill I'd definitely use is Fade, not only for the resists but also for the hidden DR%. You'll already have a huge 30% DR from the full set, but I guess that more won't hurt, and you should have plenty of points to spare. For Travincal it's probably a bit faster to use lvl 1 (+skill adders) BoS until you reach the balcony, than cast Fade.

Blade Shield can definitely be useful actually, mainly for the leech. Nat's Set comes with huge life and mana leech, BS can help recovering both mana and life. WW will probably take care of the life leech, but especially against mana burners BS could proof useful.

Gear looks good. I assume CtA/Splendor on switch? For rings I'd test some things out. Being frozen isn't a bad thing for a whirler, so you don't need Ravenfrost. But the rings also offers other very useful mods of course. For Travincal you could try a Dwarf Star / rare with AR/dam/leech/resists combo, or even dual Dwarf Stars. The latter is probably overkill though, since you'll have no trouble maxing resists at all, probably even with Conviction around.

So a possible skill layout could look like this (assuming no skillers, so 5+ skills (full set, HLW and BC), and another +2 Shadow Skills from the full set)

CM - 20
    Venom - 20
    Dragon Flight - 1
    Fade - 9
    WB - 9
    Blade Shield - 20
    CoS - rest, lvl 8 @lvl 85, or lvl 7 if you also take Mind Blast (which I'd definitely recommend for questing, not sure about Trav as I have never done so with a WW Assassin.

If BS proves not to be useful after all, just make Fade and CoS I guess. More DR% and less enemy defense has to be a good thing, right?

WW Assassins are definitely a lot of fun. Although not with the full Nat's set, you could take a look at my own attempt at the build for some inspiration.

Edit: spent way too long typing all of this, so got ninja'd by Maxicek.

I found my own WW Sin to be quite strong, doing Hell on /p5. She did have Fortitude and a higher damage second claw though, next to Chaos. So yes, Trav will be slow compared to a WW Barb probably. But my guess is that you'll still be fine.

DS is indeed an option. But if going that route, isn't it mainly for the corpse explosion, and in that respect better to leave it at one point and max number of shots through the FB synergy?

@maxicek why Blade Fury?

Pb_pal likes this.
  4. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Because it gives a ranged attack option and will work well with the claw. As it is HC I’m assuming there will be monsters you don’t want to stand toe to toe with.

Blade Shield is a waste imo. Duration is too short and hit check too infrequent (25FPA)

Edit: 20 DS for the radius.

Edit2: Read @T72on1 ’s thread. Lots of good input from both of us in there - I even recommended a Nat’s Set option, albeit with nine facets :)

T72on1 likes this.
  5. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not trying to be efficient with this build. Especially with Nat's set haha. I just want something fun to run Trav with. Should be doable at a reasonable pace. It's a shame that such a cool looking character is not really that good. I'm tired of looking at the same graphics of sorcs and pallys.

I knew about the WW not working with CtC, totally forgot about it :O

I have no good answer as to why not DS. I didn't really think it would be practical to cast. I'll give it a go, I still have leftover points anyway.

Hm... How about an Eth rune in the Claws? I have a reasonable collection of AR charms, those could help the issue as well.

In Travincal, from my personal experience resists are useless. Especially with a Dwarf star as a ring. The hidden %DR bonus on top of 45%DR from gear is a bit of an overkill. Do you have in mind negating councils Amplify damage further? AFAIK if you have 50%DR and get Amped your physical resistance drops to -50%. Does stacking %DR offset that to say with level 25 Fade -> 25%DR more = 70%DR total. So I'm going to take 30% more Damage when amplified rather than 50%? I'm not completely aware of how this works tbh.

You've almost got me settled on the skill layout tho.
    20 CM
    20 Venom
    1+ DS (for higher range)
    3-6-9 FB (for additional shots)
    1+ CB (until diminishing returns, I think slvl14 with +gear?)
    1+ Fade?
    1 MB
    1 DF
    Prereqs.

6. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Ok, I totally missed that this is about HC. In that case a ranged option might be a good idea, although it does take away from the initial nature of the build. If there's CtA on switch and you take it slow, with the gear you have you should still be good to good with only melee.

I also missed the DR% on SoE, so yeah maybe Fade is overkill. On the other hand, you have plenty of skill points to spare, and I'm not sure there is such a thing as overkill when it comes to safety in HC. So I'd still put at least one point in Fade. That's lvl 8 Fade with only 1 point invested, which should get you a long way.

The skill layout you have there looks good to me. I'm still leaning towards my advice for Blade Shield, although I must admit it's mainly based on some very good posts about the skill on the AB forums, in cases where it did work for the people posting about it. I never had the patience to try and make it work myself, at least not to it's full potential. Still, I'd advice giving this great thread a read and decide for yourself. As @maxicek points out, duration is a bit of a pain (that's the main reason I suggested increasing the skill level, probably even max it), but since your main goal is Travincal, that shouldn't be a problem, as the run will be over before BS runs out.

Eth is the Claw is a good option, but it won't do anything for the Choas Claw obviously. I still think that CoS would be a good skill to pump. Even with your suggested skill setup, and maxing DS and putting some points in FB and CB, you will have points to spare in CoS. On top of increased CTH it will also provide crowd control and thus safety.