Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nats set Assasin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by gandalf1337, Mar 7, 2004.

1. gandalf1337

gandalf1337 IncGamers Member

Nats set Assasin

I tried searching for a build, but I couldnt find an assasin one designed around nats set. Which assasin would you think would be the best assasin for the full nats set, assuming that it is perfect? I kind of want this character to be a novelty / fun. Thanks for any input.

2. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

martial artist possibly..... not a trapper and not a kicker..

3. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

The only 2 builds that kinda fit the nats set are either a sin who uses PS as her main skill or 1 who uses DC as her mainskill. Kickers blow with those excep boots , trappers require alot more mana / +skills , the 3 elemental charge-ups require more IAS / +skills too.

4. tl998

tl998 Banned

Lunatic, can you explaint he build the uses DC as a main attack? I'm assuming TS is out of the question. ANy cahrgeups at all?

5. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Also a C/C ww assassin could use the set.

6. tl998

tl998 Banned

DC only works with C/C

7. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Yes, but DC isn´t the same as a WW assassin
    A ww assassin maxes claw mastery, venom, i think that also fade and at least a 60% weapon block.... there are stickies about this..

8. tl998

tl998 Banned

Oops, i didn't see the WW part.

9. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I'm considering this for my assasin:
    Max Blades of Ice
    Max Phoenix Strike
    Max Venom
    10 Weapon Block
    15 Burst of Speed
    18 Shadow Warrior
    1 in Prereqs.

I figured the AoE of Blades of Ice will work nicely using Venom. Phoenix strike to synergize with it. Shadow Warrior instead of Shadow Master to take advantage of the Shadow Synergies feature.

The only problem should be AR for PvP... but I'm thinking this set is best for PvM and with ITD on Nat's claw I shouldn't have problems except vs. bosses.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Did I miss something?

Edit: The 2nd claw is Jade purely for the resists... that and I don't have any other unique claws :p

Edit2: I saw on another thread where they suggested Trangs gloves to up the damage of Venom. The IK belt looks good to use to help with fire and light resists also the strength bonus is nice.

10. tl998

tl998 Banned

You only need one in burst of speed.

11. royalesse

Oh... hehe... I'm a speed junkie... although the Increased speed has diminishing bonuses on the actual skill... the enhanced speed is calculated differently than increased speed from Items. So I usually like to get my speed up there... personal preference... Unless you think I should max weapon block and leave speed low?

12. elessar99

elessar99 IncGamers Member

FYI, I can't even scratch PI's with max venom in 3-player hell... Not sure if maxing venom is worth it for PVM...

13. royalesse

I could move the points from venom into claw mastery and improve my AR... Actually I'll probably raise my Weapon block and reserve the rest and decide latter between AR or BoS (I know I don't need more BoS)

14. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho IncGamers Member

It depends what kind of PIs : ghosts have a high psn res, and the PIs baboon monsters are immune to psn too ... So of course, if you are basing your statement on these monsters ...^^ Btw, Venom is a good skill, since it raises your dmg by 600+ if you have a good equipment.

I don't know if Venom is 'transported' in the whole AoE of BoI ... I doubt it, but I don't know.

15. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

Since im obsessed with 'the glow', im guna make a nats set assy. Plan on going:

Max Claw Mast.
    Max Venom.
    Max Weapon Block.
    Max Shadow Master. (?)

Plan on using Chaos runeword on offhand and being a WWsin. I think it will be fun :surprise:

16. royalesse

Oh... hehe... I don't expect Venom to be carried on BoI's AoE... Just thought it would go well with the chill and the AoE will help me from getting swamped.

17. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Completing the Odium gives you the transparency effect of Fade, not the Valkyrie ''glow'' effect of the complete Tal Rasha's Set or Mavina's Set...

18. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

So i'll just look the same as if I had fade on? That sucks!! All the other classes get 'the glow', and necros turn into a Blood Lord... assy's just get the effect of a skill THEY ALREADY HAVE? :scratch: :rant:

19. alexmatusiak

alexmatusiak IncGamers Member

Yeah you will just ... fade ..... away ........... ;)

I suggest you max Venom, dragon claw, claw mastery (well .. depends), and put at least 10-15 in BoS (its sweet, you know it and i know it). You might want want to max claw mastery because depending on gear you may not need the added critical chance and DC gives massive AR bonuses (dc should be your main left-click attack btw).

I suggest putting points in to SM as you can, max it eventually because she can do a hell of a lot of good and fill in the blanks of your build. I find her great for casting CoS (i don't put anything in energy so having her cast it instead of me is GREAT) and MB as well.

Other things to consider are 10 or more in MB (invaluable in hell) and maybe a blade trap of sorts.

Go and wreak havoc!

Cheers

Alex

EDIT: Oh and against PIs ... I have a set of rare's both with chance to cast Amp on striking which does the trick to cut the immunity.

20. menx

menx IncGamers Member

i'm currently going along with a very similar build...lvl 60 in hell. i find it rather difficult to kill a good number of things in a game with more than 4 ppl....how much damage are you doing? and when you use DC on your left click, what do you use on your right click?