Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Natalya's Odium set build

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Malachi, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Malachi

Malachi Banned

Natalya's Odium set build

Recently finished collecting this set on Europe hardcore ladder, and I plan to build an assassin for it.

I would really appreciate some inputs on builds on this one (as detailed as possible) since both kicker (too low boots damage) and trapper (its really a MA set) builds do not seem to be optimal for her.

First question would be dual c/c or c/s. I do not have a Stormshield or Tiamats, but I do have a Jade Talon that could work well on the off hand. Since max block is not easy to maintain with a shield (remember this is hardcore, all vitality spend matters a lot) I am inclined to go dual claw.

I think a Phoenix oriented build would suit this build best with one maxed synergy, possibly with added tiger strike or claw mastery (shame the %AR is so much lower now on some chargeups). I think some DS is needed to hurt the masses and a SM is manditory.

Is anyone able to calculate for me how much fire damage a lvl 1 or lvl 20 Dragon Tail could deliver with Natalia's boots and maxed TS ? Just curious if this is an alternative for the maxing of the CoF synergy. Constructive input appreciated, but please remember this is about Natalya's set, and this is hardcore.

2. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Don't bother with DTail at all with the Odium, the damage just doesn't add up: http://www.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?p=1330961#post1330961

I'd go with the PS build you suggested:
    20 PS
    20 FoF
    20 CoT
    10 WB (after +skills)
    1 SM
    1 MB
    1 Fade
    Rest in Venom/CM

You shouldn't go with more than 1 point in TS, IMO, as most of your damage should be coming from skills, not claw-based damage.

3. Malachi

Malachi Banned

Thanks for your input. I will take 1 or a few DS on the side I guess to get rid of corses (I play PvM) and to hurt the packs.

Any wise words on c/c vs c/s on natalya ?

Since the set offers damage reduce, storm does not seem that good. As a belt I have a verdungo (SP) for a bit more damage reduce. What I would need from the 'off hand' (either s or c) is block and resists I guess, and unless I use a perfect diamond set round shield, block will be hard (and resists are not optimal on that too).

I remember having some speed issues on 1.09 with PS with 2 claws, but I am not sure how it is now (have not tried). Since it is a one claw move, its a lot slower then the 2 claw moves if done with two claws, and I went c/s for that reason on 1.09 PS. Any idea's ?

4. justy303

justy303 IncGamers Member

As you already know, I don't know anything about GA. But one thing is for sure; if you need a Tiamat's, I got one for you.

5. Malachi

Malachi Banned

Thanks a lot for your offer on that Tiamats but I dont think it is a good choice in this case. Tiamats block is not that impressive although the elemental damage added is nice.

I may rather take you up on that offer for my (yet to be build) Aldurs Druid (he is gonna suck big time.. I know). Still hoping for some advice on the c/s or c/c issues for full Natalya's.

6. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Definitely C/C. You need it to use CoT when you're not able to get the timing right with PS's 2nd charge(eg. laggy games, low chance to hit). Plus, since DR has already been taken care of, all you need is a little resists and you're all set. Jade Talons are perfect for this. Block-wise, with enough +skills to boost your WB to at least slvl 10, I think WB and Shield-block are more or less evenly matched(slight advantage to WB, though, as it can block almost every elemental attack), as WB's block % doesn't drop when running, while Shield block does.

You're actually slightly faster with the Mark/Jade Talon combo than just the Mark alone, as WSMs are averaged with the 'Strike' skills when C/C(so it's a -5 WSM with Mark/Jade Talon vs. 0 WSM with the Mark alone). However, regardless of whether you're C/C or C/S, you'll only use your one main claw(in this case, the Mark) in the animation for the PS attack, not both claws.

7. Corr

Corr IncGamers Member

Go claw/claw. Put verdungos or strings in your belt slot and you should be good enough on DR. After you max out phoenix and its synergies, you should have enough points left to pump block up to around 60% with +skills. Considering this remains constant regardless of run/walk and the fact that it blocks a myriad of magical attacks aswell, i consider c/c superier to a shield. Also, AR is a nonissue for you for the most part, since you have the nats claw and should only give you trouble against bosses.

I had an assasin built this way, and i went with BoS since i had maxed resists with the set in hell. Attack speed was a non issue for me.

8. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

So I had some questions about this build, and since this thread is here anyway, I can just post it here. I don't know anything about Assasins, so every information is welcome. Note: I play SP only, so no Anni/Torch/High runes for me (Actually only have access to the stat runes)

Let's start with: is IAS handy for this build?

If I don't know the thing, it's marked with a ?

Skills:
    Code:
    Martial Arts:
    20 Phoenix Strike
    20 Fists of Fire
    20 Claws of Thunder
    3 Prereq

Shadow Disciplines:
    10 Weapon Block (after +skills)
    1 Shadow Master
    1 Mind Blast
    1 Fade
    Rest Venom/Claw Mastery
    4 Prereq
    Equipment
    Code:
     IF IAS NEEDED!!!
    Weapon1: Bartuc's Cut Throat (Socketed with Shael)
    Weapon2: Natalya's Mark (Socketed with ?)
    Body Armor: Natalya's Shadow - At least 2os (Socketed with 2 IAS jewels(If 3os+?)
    Helm: Natalya's Totem (Socketed with IAS jewel)
    Gloves: ?
    Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
    Ring1: Raven Frost?
    Ring2: ?
    Amulet: ?
    Switch: ?
    This will make 7 fpa Phoenix Strike
    Mercenary
    Code:
    Type: ?
    Weapon: ?
    Helm: ?
    Body Armor: ?
    And are skillers handy for this build? (Shadow or Martial)

And how do I play this woman, I really have no idea how Phoenix Strike works...

Thanks in advance!

HHB

9. charlengu

charlengu Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  10. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

I guess this will still be good without the BKWB, Mara's and those nice gloves... If so, that's nice!

HHB

EDIT: What are nice mods on a +2 Sin/MA Ammy? Is 20LL/14ML enough? I guess STR/DEX/res are all nice mods.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  11. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

Re: Natalya's Odium set build

the leech bonus from set should be enough. ll/ml shouldn't be a problem for any sin. they have cobra strike.
    so look for res (if you go bos), stats, life etc =)

12. Borje

Borje Banned

Re: Natalya's Odium set build

I've heard the, mighty fun, Furysin build works well with Nat's set..