Napoleon Dynamite @ the Spelling Bee

Intolerance

Diabloii.Net Member
Napoleon Dynamite @ the Spelling Bee

Does anyone have a link to the clip from the Spelling Bee where the kid asked for a word's definition then proceeded to ask "Do the chickens have large talons?" in his best Napoleon Dynamite voice? I saw it on Sportscenter (of all places) on Thursday and I want to show it to some people.

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*dies*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(from beyond the grave)

Ah love it. LOVE IT I SAY!!!

Jigga-Scrooge

Diabloii.Net Member
i thought it was even funnier when the kid asked something along the lines of "could you spell that out for me."

It probably would have been better if more than 2 people in the audience understood it lol. And chinook is hardly a difficult word to spell....

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
No one laughed because it isn't funny. I give the kid credit for doing it in the national spelling bee, that takes balls, but still not funny.

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow. Kid's got it down. It'd have been better if he hadn't tried to explain himself though.

Still funny :thumbsup:.

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
AeroJonesy said:
No one laughed because it isn't funny.
Good point.

I've been Napoleon Dynamited to death. The movie was funny the first time or two I saw it, but it gets really old really fast when everyone says the lines from it every couple minutes. Kind of like Chapelles "I'm Rick James *****!" Its funny when he does it, but when everyone else tries to do it, every day, it loses any and all humor pretty quickly.

-Matt

garublador

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
No one laughed because it isn't funny. I give the kid credit for doing it in the national spelling bee, that takes balls, but still not funny.
It was a good humor-test for that prase, though.

In the movie: funny

At a spelling bee: not funny

I think George W. Bush should try it out at a press conference sometime. I suspect that the prase itself won't be funny, but his delivery might skew the results.

Hey, Id be more embatassed about being a 12yr old geek who is in the national finals on a spelling test. This would elevate him above the other contestants, almost to the point of likable.