Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Naming Trends

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by wolfofbenjamin, May 11, 2015.

1. wolfofbenjamin

wolfofbenjamin IncGamers Member

Hey guys do you have any naming trends specific to a class you play?
    For example, I always name my Sorceresses after female Greek deities, Paladins after Roman Emperors, Barbarians after historical barbarians, Necromancers after mononymous mystics/scientists/philosophers, Amazons after heroines, Druids after Irish-sounding names and my Assassins after representative female names for every country.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Thats a question Ive never heard here! ;)

I name my Paladins after mythical beasts of power, from religions or other.
    I name my Amazons (My favv char) after famous historical greek personalities. Or after known Valkyries from the northern EU.

I name my necromancers silly things, because I dont like necromancers.
    I name my mf sorc every ladder, first char, something that sounds Elvish. (Fantasy)
    I name my barbs something that sounds like a Viking or something tough/hardhitting/badguy etc..

I cant name my assassins, I dont play those. I got one, and I dont even remember what kind of Assa she is.. :p
    And lastly my druids. I got 2 and they are named something short and neutral. Like Bob, or Steve. I have no feelings whatsoever towards Druids.

Peace

3. wolfofbenjamin

wolfofbenjamin IncGamers Member

wow, cool one Archone.... good to know you follow a naming trend as well. Can you give some examples for every character you have ever played?
    I'll give the names of my current roster of characters (I play one character for each class for now)

Assassin: Svetlana (Russia)(character with the lowest level to date)
    Amazon: Jean_dArc
    Barbarian: Caractacus (the Barbarian is my least favorite class)
    Druid: Killarney
    Necromancer: Avicenna (a famous mononymous philosopher from the Arab age)(having lots of fun naming my Necros by the way, I've given them some quite interesting names before, like Faust, Agrippa, Paracelsus)
    Paladin: Domitian (also having a lots of fun naming my Paladins e.g. Caligula, Vespasian, Diocletian)
    Sorceress: Euphrosyne (one of the Three Graces representative of joy)(the Sorceress is my favorite class)(character with the highest level to date)

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  4. GigaClon

GigaClon IncGamers Member

I name all of my character (mostly D3 now) after character from Ender's Universe, More specifically from the Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind trilogy

5. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

ALL of mine, regardless of class, are named after types of noodles. (With a few exceptions.) I have Capellini, Spaghetti, Linguine, Ravioli, Agnolotti etc. They are all delicious.