Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Naked Character Bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dev, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Dev

Dev IncGamers Member

Naked Character Bug?

I finnally built an entire IK set (found everything myself except the belt). I loaded up my barb and was happy to see 'the aura'. However everyone else seemed to see me as naked (no armor or maul, just helm abd boots) but they see the aura as well (and hence ask me why I have an aura). This was on different games, with many different people. When I fight they say it looks like I'm punching. My stats seem correct (defence, attack rating, etc).

I have seen this on other people on occation, other IK barabs looking naked with aura, full tal's sorcs looking naked, and even amazon (this one was using windforce, but it looked like she was shooting arrows from her hand, looked funny.

Anyone else notice such issues?

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

If the STR required to wear your gear comes from other items, you'll appear naked.

3. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Actually, I can't say for 100% sure .. but I thought that you only looked naked if you used a charm to get you to your str requirement. I believe that I've used the belt and gloves to equipt the armor and everyone else sees me fine, but once when I used a charm to equipt sigon's by buddy coulden't see it on me. Like I said .. I'm not 100% sure .. maybe someone can confirm?

4. Dev

Dev IncGamers Member

Yes I am using some charms, couple of +2 SC and annihilius (sp). Hmmm... I wanted to build with maximum vitality, but putting an extra 20 or so into strength should not be a problem... I will try this and see. Thanks. I am also getting +10 strenght from an amulet.

5. squigipapa

ok .. so i've had a chance to do a little testing.. (i used sigons for the tests.) so basically if I use the +str from the gloves in order to equipt the armor I can see it fine (I'm using 2 computers) from the other character, if however I take the gloves off and throw 10 +1 to str charms in there .. I no longer see the armor from the other character, so I believe that the naked bug only works when you get your strength from charms.. not from other items..
    Still I'm open to hearing more tests, I just did it with gloves .. are rings and ammy's different . who knows? But this Is what I've found so far.
    later.

6. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Yes it is only when you use charms to reach the desired STR. STR from other items works just fine.

7. Daemonaz

I think this is due to the fact that Diablo sends the information about what your character is wearing to the other players in the game, but not the information about what is in your inventory. Hence MH users can see what you wear but not what is in your inventory.

Then the recipient uses this info to display the character, and apparantly notices he doesn't have enough STR to wear said item and doesn't display it. I am not certain it works like this, this is merely a guess.

EDIT: Sorry about this new post I meant to edit it, but due to lack of sleep and caffeine I pressed the wrong button.

8. squigipapa

That totally makes sense actually! thanks Daemonaz

9. Daemonaz

It's a theory but it indeed sounds very plausible. It would be nice to get some conformation on this from some code experts. It seems like a bit of an oversight on Blizzard's part if this is the case.

10. Saint_Hanibal

Saint_Hanibal IncGamers Member

And why you are worried what other people see? The set requires a lot of str and if you have Annihilus which adds enough to wear it, that's plenty.

I personally plan to make totally naked IK barb :D Just have to craft some +str blood craft jewelry...

11. Daemonaz

I'm worried about it. Looks before everything!
    It took me a long long time before I could play a Paladin, just because he runs like he has to take a ****. :p

12. Dev

Dev IncGamers Member

I'm not actually 'worried' but part of collecting the set is to 'show it off' (I know, some egotism here, but heck :worship: ) half the things we do are in part motivated by recieving recognition and compliments. We all get pleasure out of playing this game for different reasons.