Nader to run.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
dantose said:
Well, now I have someone to vote for.
That´s what I would say too, if I was allowed to vote.

I have a hard time getting enthusiastic about Two-face Kerry, just like many americans on the left. If Kerry does indeed win the nomination the greens will hopefully push him to the left so as not to loose a lot of votes to Nader.

I think this might be a good thing for the green voters even if they don´t have a chance in hell of getting their man anywhere.

Bush or Kerry in 2004. Either way you´re BONED!

EDIT:

Hehe... so, I went back and actually read the article I posted (Yeah... I suck... but I was in a hurry to buy tobacco and coffee so I only had time to read the heading). Seems he´s running as an independent. I looked into the GP a bit and it seems they are looking for a candidate to run themselves, so Nader probably won´t be as influential as I first thought.

Let´s hear from the greens here. Would you vote for a party man like David Cobb or would you support an independant Nader?

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I will describe the coming election as I heard las election described.

The race between bush and bush lite

Lone_C

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty much with Dross on this one. I don't know how I can stand another four years of W's policy, but flip-flop Kerry isn't the answer either. I need to look into the third parties. This is the first prez election in which I can vote :)

tarnok

Diabloii.Net Member
Ugh. I don't suppose Kerry has a better gun stance. Well I'm damn sure not voting for Bush. Ugh.

justray

Diabloii.Net Member
Every vote for Nader is a vote for Bush.

Most Nader voters wouldn't vote for Bush if Nader didn't nun. They'd vote for Kerry or wouldn't vote at all.

I haven't made a final decision between Bush and Kerry yet :scratch: , but I leaning ever so slightly toward Bush.

So I guess I'm happy Nader is running. :uhhuh:

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
http://www.counterpunch.org/schulte02102004.html

http://slate.msn.com/id/2088214/

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/tshirtvotesmall2.JPG

"Treehouse of Horror VII"

572 said:
From the sky comes a scream, as Homer is crashing right into the
Capitol. A few footsteps later, he comes running down the stairs.

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're
nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]
[audience gasps in terror]
Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about
it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
[murmurs]
Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.
[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]
[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

The next day, Kodos announces the result: "All hail, President Kang."

The field in front of the Capitol has now become a working ground
where humans are whipped by aliens and used to carry materials.

The Simpsons family is working too, with Homer and the kids carrying
wood, and Marge pushing a wheelbarrow of cinderblocks -- with Maggie
on top.

Marge: I don't understand why we have to build a ray gun to aim at a
planet I never even heard of.
Homer: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
:lol:

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
justray said:
Every vote for Nader is a vote for Bush.

Most Nader voters wouldn't vote for Bush if Nader didn't nun. They'd vote for Kerry or wouldn't vote at all.

I haven't made a final decision between Bush and Kerry yet :scratch: , but I leaning ever so slightly toward Bush.

So I guess I'm happy Nader is running. :uhhuh:
actually, every vot for nader is a vote against being pidgeon holed into voting for only one of two canidates from parties that are rapidly losing meaningful distinction in my eyes.

And, every vote for nader is a vote for nader

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Make a mental note of this post.

In october, Nader will withdraw from the race.

Once he´s brought attention to the issues he feels need attention and rallied a lot of people who are unhappy with the way the election seems to be heading, he will back down. He will leave the race in a totally different state than it was when he entered it and he will leave a big group of voters mobilized to cast their vote for whoever he endorses.

You might not be able to vote for Nader per se, but you will able to cast a vote in the direction of his policy anyway.

tarnok

Diabloii.Net Member
Nastie_Bowie said:
dantose; Idealistically, yes. Realistically, as discussed above.
Just remember though, if you don't vote for someone else, you can't say anything when one of the main two jackasses gets elected.

tarnok said:
Just remember though, if you don't vote for someone else, you can't say anything when one of the main two jackasses gets elected.
It is the lesser of two evils, sometimes.

Which is worse? Voting for a jackass or not voting at all. some folks say, "They are all idiots, screw it!"

tarnok

Diabloii.Net Member
Nastie_Bowie said:
Which is worse? Voting for a jackass or not voting at all. some folks say, "They are all idiots, screw it!"
See, you're doing it right now. You're forgetting that there's another option. Vote for somebody else!

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
I would also like to remind everyone that the main two parties change from time to time. I might vote on the Whig ticket though. I see the Dems giving way to another party within my lifetime. I would love nothing more than to see a third party canidate take a state or two even if he doesn't win. voting still sends a message.