Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

n00b question re Khalim's Will

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by robdylan, Jun 27, 2005.

1. robdylan

robdylan Diabloii.Net Member

n00b question re Khalim's Will

Friends, Romans, etc

I've seen a lot of guides suggesting using Khalim's Will as the ultimate starter weapon. My question is quite simple, though. What happens to the character who donates him KW to the new char? Can he ever destroy the compelling orb? My guess is that you need to go back and find all the bits again and make a new one with that char. Am I right?

2. Randall

Randall Diabloii.Net Member

That also means you can not use the Khalim's Will as "starter" weapon in Act III.

If you like non-Quest (easy) starter gear and don't mind twinking, pick up magic jewels and check them for out. A lot of them do around +1/+4 min or max damage and have a lvl 3 requerement. Also a lot with around +6/+8 damage with lvl 8 requerement.

Now take a 5 socket Flail, a 3 socket helm and a 3 socket armor and stuff all these found jewels in there, specially min damage jewels are really effective. (you might need a few dex charms for handling the flail, but normally requerements can be furfilled at lvl 3 or 8). The result is a nice amount of damage with decent speed. (use death/signon gloves for the +30% speed)

Randall

3. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

IMO, the using of of quest item (staff/will) as "starter" weapon is way too much abusing the power of ATMA. It is upto you to decide, but it is more close to the dark side of force, and you don't really need to anyway.

For fast start, just do what Randall suggested, if you take a little time to twink. Or just use a 6 socket great maul, and socket with 6x -15% req j00l.

4. robdylan

OK - thanks. Was a little bit worried about the "legititude" of the KW thing. I have lots of low-level uniques and sets anyway which are generally ridiculously overpowered for the early acts. Besides, if you don't use these things to twink early on, when will you ever?

5. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

a lot of low level set/uniq are just there to make up the number. Since you ain't gonna find them untwinked early on. twink them early, they are overpowered, however, use them later, they are "useless". So you may never use them as you pointed out. I rarely twink at start of game (if I twink, it normally start from lvl45 when my merc can have end-game armor), so I almost never touch them.

6. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

fill a great maul with 10%ed/-15% req j00lz

7. shermo

shermo Diabloii.Net Member

yup

Gemmed Superior Great Maul
    'Hel'
    Two-Hand Damage: 55 to 107
    Durability: 60 of 60
    Required Strength: 50
    Required Level: 9
    Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: **
    Fingerprint: 0xb0b8de48
    +39% Enhanced Damage
    +2 to Attack Rating
    +3 to Minimum Damage
    +27 to Maximum Damage
    Requirements -50%
    150% Damage to Undead
    Socketed (6: 6 used)

8. robdylan

No thanks. Way too cheap to waste a Hel like that :)

9. dune6836

dune6836 Diabloii.Net Member

i have used the khalim's will once, on a sorc. she used it until end act2. it completely dominated everything. however, although it does more damage, it didnt dominate any better than rixot's keen, or skewer of krintiz (for mana leech) or blood crescent (for ll, and a personal favourite of mine).
    the easiest way to obtain an imbued khalim's will is to take it out of an mp game, then rejoin before they hit the orb. this will require the other players cooperation of course.