Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

n00b assassin question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by ZenithZephyr, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ZenithZephyr

ZenithZephyr Diabloii.Net Member

n00b assassin question

I've read that the tooltip for Dragon Claw is incorrect, and does not apply Tiger/Cobra/Phoenix/Etc Strike on both hits, but those guides/posts were years (patches) ago. Has this bug been fixed?

Furthermore, since the DC synergy with Claw Mastery, is DC a viable build for a PvM Assassin?

2. enginekid

enginekid Diabloii.Net Member

Re: n00b assassin question

are assassins any good? i see those claw weapons and they always say very slow attack speed on them. seems bad.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

For Assassins, 6 of the 7 claw types are 'very fast'. There´s still quite some difference between them in speed, so it´s better to look up the actual base weapon speed numbers.

Assassins have good versatility and crowd control, and there are several builds that are viable with less-than-über equipment. Most of the builds do not require claws, btw.

To the original poster:
    I do not know the original intentions of the programmers, but charge-up skills have always gotten released on the next non-charge-up hit. Can you miss with the first DC attack but hit with the second attack? If yes, DC would give you two chances to score a hit to release the charges.

Is DC a build? Maybe. Why don´t you try it out?

4. enginekid

enginekid Diabloii.Net Member

can someone explain the attack speed numbers?
    i am looking at the following site:

Unique Assassin Weapons

It has 4 unique assassin weapons. Each with different attack speeds ranging from -10 to -30

In game it says slow, normal, fast, etc. what does -10 and -20, etc. mean?

also, it looks like Bartuc's Cut-Throat would be great if you up'd it to elite.

5. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

OT: Who's Engi, and why is he/she nekid?

On Topic: Ignore the fast/slow/etc in game. Those numbers you refer to are the base Weapon Speed Modifiers, WSM. Lower WSM is better. When the game computes the final attack speed, it takes the negative of the WSM, and adds other modifiers such as Burst of Speed, weapon ias (WIAS), and ias from other gear "off-weapon ias" (OIAS). There's probably a page in the wiki that explains it very well.

For an easy to use tool, use this It's mostly (perhaps entirely now) correct.

6. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, if you
    - use a skill that magnifies physical attacks*
    - can stomach the 115/115 STR/DEX requirement of Runic Talons

* (for example, an upgrade wouldn´t mean much for a Phoenix Striker or other elementalist Martial Artist. Although more damage means a little more life/mana steal, which I suppose is handy.)