Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mystery/bug of premature revive death

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by grimsleeper, Jun 24, 2005.

1. grimsleeper

grimsleeper IncGamers Member

mystery/bug of premature revive death

I've encountered this frustrating problem for a long time now... my revives behave erratically - in terms of their lifespan. Typically a revive should last for 3 minutes, unless it is killed before that. But often revives die within a very short period of time, mostly below a minute. So when I try to take say 15 revives from the cold plains to WSKeep2, only 3-4 survive the trip to the waypoint. What gives?
    Anybody know the reason? Even healing using the town centre healer, or life tap does not extend their lifespan.
    How can I get around this and make my revives last 3 minutes or until they are killed by monsters?

~GrimSleeper

2. MagicMoron

MagicMoron IncGamers Member

Your minions are lagging behind. If they are a certain distance away or further when you use the WP, they become unsummoned.

3. League of Shadows

League of Shadows IncGamers Member

As long as you are moving faster than the Revives are, they'll wonder off in their own direction and once they move off of 1 1/2 to 2 screens away, they'll disappear. This is the main reason why people often completely ignore revives or only invest 5-10 points into revive. Its very typical to lose all of your revives while running anywhere. If you want to preserve them, use a tp to get to town, and walk instead of run.

4. grimsleeper

grimsleeper IncGamers Member

Thanks for the tip...
    Does this also apply to TPs... will my revives die if they're too far away when I take a TP to town?

~GrimSleeper

5. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

no, because they will come with you through the tp. a tip wouuld be to get an enigma (or teleport some other way) because when you tele they teleport with you, fixing the revive AI problem