Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mysteriously losing life after boss kills?!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Matt, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I've noticed several times on my seasonal Crusader that I'm taking damage after the boss I was fighting has died. I've seen it twice now, and both have been close calls, so I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

I must be missing something here, but I've cleared the obvious candidates (no stagger damage gem!). It happened on the A2 keywarden and on a rift guardian, Stonesinger. They died, my life continued dropping, with no ground effects or enemies apparent on my screen or hitting me from offscreen.

I did have the 2000% poison gem on at the time, perhaps that damage was being reflected back to me somehow?

I thought it was maybe lag when I was solo the first time, but the second, a friend was in the game, and also observed my life dropping for ~10 sec after Stonesinger died.

Thoughts?

I'm running a full shotgun build now, but was running hammers at the time. There weren't any damage over time skills/gems on, aside from the poison one in a ring,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VTMatt-1240/hero/52075565

2. Yoo

Yoo Diabloii.Net Member

I read something yesterday on the poison gem killing people. It is over 10s so it must be reflecting the whole 'attack' back.

Matt likes this.
  3. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

A few days later, I'm inclined to agree. I dropped the poison gem, and haven't seen any replication of the issue. I know the A2 keywarden can reflect projectiles, but I'm not sure about the rift guardian I had, I'm guessing he can as well, and the poison damage 'attaches' to an attack, and if its reflected, as you said, you actually take all that poison damage from the gem over 10 seconds too.

4. Aahzmadius

Aahzmadius Diabloii.Net Member

I hope they fixed it, because I added it to my build last night. It's just so good with the JH build...*crosses fingers*