Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Myrmidons need your help.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by theeliminator, Jul 25, 2009.

1. theeliminator

theeliminator Well-Known Member

Myrmidons need your help.

So as most of you know I been working on a Myrmidon class. After some discusions with fellow members i begain to wonder if my needed a revision. I made a "Ocean" tree to see if that gave the class more depth. Here is a list of active skills I thought up, tell me what you think and if you got any ideas let them fly.

Ocean :
    Tidal wave – A wave of powerful water smashes into a area all within the area take damage and get knocked back.

Water shield – Small globes of water circle the Myrmidon decreasing melee and ranged damage, has a chance to stop physical ranged attacks completely, and dispels fire spells on contact.

Lightning strike – A bolt of lightning strikes the target area, all within a small area are stunned

Pillars of water – Pillars of water spring forth from the ground, stopping all ranged attacks, both physical and magical.

Sirens call – A Siren appears in the target area and calls all enemies to her.

Tentacle of the Kraken – A pool of water forms on the target area, then a giant Tentacle with poison barbs springs froth from the pool. The Tentacle attacks random targets in range.

Spell shock – Shocks target making them unable to activate any powers

Rust Metal – Targets armor and weapons rust, decreasing their damage and damage resentence

Ball lightning – A ball of Lightning slowly flies to target area, as it does any target within range of the ball is hit with a bolt of lightning, when it reaches the target it explodes dealing lightning damage to all in the blast area.

White Squall – Wind, hail, rain, and lightning cover a large area all enemies in the area are trapped, unable to move or attack due to the constantly changing wind direction. All Targets in the area take massive lighting damage as well as slashing damage from the rain that is moving so fast it can cut flesh from bone.

Here is the link to both versions. Version1 Version 1.5

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. 5zigen

5zigen Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Myrmidons need your help.

I really like where you've taken this. particularly with sirens call. What a wonderful ocean based skill idea!!

I imagine it would work like a stationary thing that would sort of taunt enemies to attack it.

also love the Rust concept.

Less excited about the sea folk thing, but I think you're coming along nicely. I'm actually hoping there is a character like this in d3 as it would be something largely new as opposed to rehashing of old archetypes.

3. Kire

Kire Diabloii.Net Member

I like how they are different enough from each other to be innovative. And the passives that you could use for these skills have a lot they can boost!

4. theeliminator

I was kind of iffy on having the sea folk myself, I got to thinking and replaced it with

Tentacle of the Kraken – A pool of water forms on the target area, then a giant Tentacle with poison barbs springs froth from the pool. The Tentacle attacks random targets in range.

Much cooler now.

5. Sky Tan

Sky Tan Diabloii.Net Member

title wave or tidal wave??

Spell Shock and Ball Lightning dun feel very ocean to me (IMHO)

maybe "Bubbles" Target Engulf inside a bubble but effect like spell shock

Ball Lighting (MTG)??
    hehe...

Whirlpool >> a whirlpool appears at the feet of the target. as slvl increase duration, damage, radius increases...also afflict random% of confused status.

6. theeliminator

yeah it was ment to be tidal not title, thanks.

Bubbles? really? lol thats not the kind of spell name you would see in a Diablo game.

How about Aqua blast or something.

About Whirlpool, I didn't want to make another immobilizing power cause thats a big part of the Stalker tree.

7. 5zigen

5zigen Diabloii.Net Member

Kraken tentacle? Awesome.