Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My WW barb

Discussion in 'Classic' started by chet, Nov 14, 2006.

1. chet

chet IncGamers Member

My WW barb

I'm making a pvm/pvp speed barb and i was thinking i was gonna use nagas because they have 3 range for pvp. idk thought because in my eight years of playing ive never made a ww barb :\
    and i was looking at the damages with 200ED +20 dmg and naga is the lowest :(
    im open to all suggestions at this point because i still havent put any points into a mastery so its not too late to change my mind.

i want to be able to solo hell cs too if thats at all possible.

ty

2. stevenluckymann

stevenluckymann IncGamers Member

its possible to solo hell cs with a barb if u put a point into beserk to deal with those physical immunes. i dont think a naga is the best idea imo i think a bh would be better but they are expensive and have low range. u probably need a shield so a maul or lance is out of the question. its pretty much up to u these r some things to consider.

3. chet

chet IncGamers Member

yea the 1 range on bh is pretty crappy
    im lookin at lance and its max dmg is 362! with a range of 5! holy crap
    but vs melee wouldnt i lose more often without block

4. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

This game has been out for 8 years? Anyways, I think the range of the Naga would be really important in melee duels.

5. chet

chet IncGamers Member

heh something like that. ive played on and off for a long time tho.
    so naga would be the way to go for pvp since its best dmg for its range?

6. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Why would you look at the max damage for comparing when you can simply look at the base damage...
    It's not like you will ever find a 200ed 20 to max.
    And lets not forget it's the average damage which counts, in which case you would have to do 200ed +14 min over the min base damage.

Since you're making a speeder, you will probably want to fight casters. For this, range is very nice to have. If you wish to bvb aswell with your speeder, it will be a lot harder, since you will need to use your speed to your advantage. If you have more range then your opponent (say, a bh user) you might be able to target your WW so you do hit him, but he doesn't hit you.
    You'll have to ask the more avid BvB'ers how to do that though, I usually just do the old WW directly into your opponent and see who drops first kind of bvb, rather then the waiting for your opponent to do something and then trying to outmanouvre him.

7. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

since I prefer/specialize in pvm, I'll just chime in that your naga is going to blow pvm. most notably due to the lack of dura.

a high ed/tri dura ancient axe would be a must I'd assume for the pvm aspect. (and let's face it, you really don't need a shield for pvm if you have any reasonable amount of leach/resist)

currently, on ladder, I have made 3 ww barbs, that are essentially very similar builds, with just different masteries.

lancer - lvl 72 I think
    mace/mart - lvl 86
    axer/naga - lvl 7x <-- haven't played him in a month or so.

all have at least 3 to FRW, and most have 30/10 frw/fhr boots with some res, and/or mf. all are wearing angellic armor, one angellic ring, and ammy with dual leach gloves.

8. WarlockCC

All this talk of a speeders and lances makes me want to start using my 192ed lance...
    Guess I should start another WW barb. Good thing I have the tri-dura 242 dual leech to back up that 'big' lance.

I was going around act 3 in a busy game with my scythebarb and for some reason he just owns all those poor little monsters. At lot of the time he just seems more proficient at killing then my macer. Perhaps 200ed on the scythe gives some kind of special bonus. :)
    Although I know gobs is the desciding factor. A Grim Scythe wielding WW barb will allways have something special. Especially with a black armor and a black grim helm. Chet, if you get a chance, make one. :)
    How many of you ever made a Grim Scythebarb ? Or another char with a grim Scythe. You made a necro with a scyth, right Goomba ?

9. chet

chet IncGamers Member

so pretty much with 10 points to speed already im gonna be geared mainly towards fighting casters. and i dont need block vs casters.. so should i use lance? because i dont wanna try to fight bvb if im just gonna
    get pwned 24/7 :D
    maybe ill make this guy for pvp and ill make some other char for pvm. maybe a ancient axe ww barb?

10. WarlockCC

You can still pvm very well with this one even if it's a pvp.
    A Lance is often chosen for BvC speeders, it's range, req's and max damage(even though it's average that really counts) are often presented as arguements to choose a lance.

For pvm, you'll run into the same problems with a lance as with a Naga since a lance only has 25 dura. Best shop yourself a lance near 100ed and some AR for leveling. That one will be very cheap to repair, unlike +++mods lances.
    It is probably ill-advised to try and level with a lance with 6 full sockets. :)
    I know I wouldn't want to foot the bill on that one.
    Eventually, you might aquir a magic dual dura or a rare tri-dura lance.

11. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

nope. sounds like something crazy I'd do, but not me. my first char ever was a necro who wore an ornate, and had at least one hard point into every skill on the necro tree except for the poison side of the house. basically he was a summoner, with every curse, CE, lvl 6 or so fire golemn, and 12 or so bone spear. managed to get him to lvl 80 or so back when hell cows gave nice xp and everyone was doing them.

12. chet

chet IncGamers Member

ahh man this is such a hard decisions for me >.<
    ty for tryin to help tho

13. danbus

danbus IncGamers Member

I have a pvm lancer (250 lance with 40ias and -req which i should make a charger pally and get myself owned). It does the job and I can beat most 2h babas. The ones with shield are much more difficult. With cannot be frozen, I can chase down sorcs/necros fairly ez and with a range of 5, your odds of missing are much smaller.

I just started playing with my barb again and have decided to make another baba. Since I want to be able to duel and PvM effectively, I will make a s/s baba. I am not rich so I have to use the imbue option of trying to get a decent ancient sword which has a range of 3 (someone confirm this for me). This will allow me to use a shield for that extra res and still have decent range. Yes I know, I have to put points in dex, but that helps with AR anyways, and it doesn't matter how much dmg you can do if you can't land a hit, which brings me to my next point.

For BvB, AR > defense. AR is easier to accquire than defense. My idea would be that I should get as much AR as possible and as much life as possible, so I would max Mastery, WW, and BO, and however many points in speed to get 40 FRW.

Those are just ideas that I want to do. Feel free to follow.

14. chet

chet IncGamers Member

right now im lvl 39 (trying to get someone to help me through act 2-4 in hell)
    i have an 83 blizz sorc capable of rushin thru norm to a4 hell if anyone wants to trade rushes. in fact if anyone wants a few characters rushed that would be VERY helpful to me if they would rush me in return on a few of my chars.

15. WarlockCC

The range of an Ancient sword is 2 afaik.

If you do imbue, best do it slightly above 30. I vaguely recall you have the best chance to get good ED then. Count on 1 out of 50 imbues to be acceptable and almost usable, aka, don't expect too much from your imbues.

16. danbus

danbus IncGamers Member

Hahaha I never do. But I can always get pskulls and reroll mods. I was thinking about imbuing at lvl 56-57. After reading the prefix and suffix lvls I'm aiming for the most ED.

17. Creon

Creon IncGamers Member

18. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Go look at Fredsta's BVA barb.. I think that's what you're looking for. It uses a pretty expensive set up though with hi dmg nagas, and a rare set up. However it uses the interesting skill leap to put casters into double FHR annimation and go in for the kill. I prefer that character to almost all dulers other than a bone necro.... and those two IMO are about as equal as they come!

19. chet

chet IncGamers Member

ty locke
    anyone have and good nagas ft?

20. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I have a 12x on east ladder. I forget the full/exact mods. It's on my axer that I don't use much, but made in case I manage to land a nicer tri dura ancient axe, or tabar, or either with + skills.

I don't do much 1 handed work, so it' sitting in his stash.

wug? (I'm not looking for more uniques, I have plenty of gulls, shards, gskins, perf wards, and silks. and more than enough tarns of various mf levels)