My Wireless adapter:(

Baaja

Diabloii.Net Member
My Wireless adapter:(

Hey guys, i see that this is a pretty good forum for technical issues:O;) haha Well my problem is that i have been using the Wireless adapter "WG111v2" with the router "WGR614v6". Now my computer isnt able to recongnize my adapter. It says (uknown unit)! I think that this is because i didnt use the safe removal of hardware tray.
As this is something that netgrear said was very important, as they said that it could damage ure hardware (my adapter). BUT, my hardware isnt damaged, why i know this is because it works on many of my other computers, all except the one in my room. Now ive been talking to netgears support office alot, and it seems that they cant do anything. As this is a problem in windows, because the hardware isnt damaged. So does somebody have a clue what i need to do? Ive actually already formated my computer twice, and still no results!! oh well...thx anyway fellas:!

S Z

Diabloii.Net Member
Strangely enough, I have the exact same combination of hardware. Well, I say 'have', but 'had' is more accurate to be honest. The USB adapter would keep crashing the network or becomming 'unrecognised', or indeed simply remaining unresponsive. In the end, I had to ditch it and use a bridge.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to use a different USB port, or try it through a powered USB hub if you have one. These devices can draw pretty close to the maximum rated power from your USB ports and it may be that one has difficulty powering it. This may also be the case if you have a number of USB-powered devices on that computer, in which case unplugging everything bar the Adaptor may also be another way to proceed.

Other options get pretty technical, and are probably more suited to a true PC Q&A forum. Good luck.

Baaja

Diabloii.Net Member
S Z said:
Strangely enough, I have the exact same combination of hardware. Well, I say 'have', but 'had' is more accurate to be honest. The USB adapter would keep crashing the network or becomming 'unrecognised', or indeed simply remaining unresponsive. In the end, I had to ditch it and use a bridge.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to use a different USB port, or try it through a powered USB hub if you have one. These devices can draw pretty close to the maximum rated power from your USB ports and it may be that one has difficulty powering it. This may also be the case if you have a number of USB-powered devices on that computer, in which case unplugging everything bar the Adaptor may also be another way to proceed.

Other options get pretty technical, and are probably more suited to a true PC Q&A forum. Good luck.
Oh really much thx man! Ill try some of youre ideas! Hmm, actually, i havent tried to put the adapter in other USB ports...oh well thx again! Does someone also has this strange setup which eventually doesnt work??:D!