Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My very first BattleNet Assasin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Zorandel, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Zorandel

Zorandel Diabloii.Net Member

My very first BattleNet Assasin

I am going to start my very first asa on the net.
    She is going to be purely PvM.
    I will max Lightning Sentry and Death Sentry to kill everything up to nightmare.
    This will be the base of the build. And after that I don't know what to do. I WANT her to be able to solo hell (just like my WF Strafezon), but I know that I will need more than lightning for Lightning Immunes.

What are the best ways to compensate for that to defeat LI?

I was also thinking of going in the way of having a lot of Crushing Blow with combination of kicking for fast boss kicking.

Is it at all possible, has anyone done it and lived to talk about it?

P.S. I am poor - no assa items, so I wont have any "uber" items to back me up.

2. MaiHiMe

MaiHiMe Banned

yep..i play hc and i easily did this with my asa (when i didn't have friends and never played in pub games) norm and nm was a piece of cake seriously it was funny, used only ls and death sentry. oh ya it was great until i hit hell..LOL it was AMAZINGLY hard, the dmg they do...no dr...not even almost max res...hell is a whole new level. i solo'd it eventually but took me a month of mfing in nm cows (btw i found a few lifers trap gc's) and baal in nm. but ya..i found a shako off baal (some dr life mana OMFG it helped) and skill gc's in cows...can't count how many life sc's i found...nm is only to prepare you for hell and i have no idea wtf norm is for lol it's so ez. but now i'm rich and don't do this anymore so i couldn't tell you exactly what i did but...i remember i DID have a tele staff but never used it not even twice...until hell came. i kept it on switch, and to let you know malah can have tele staff/lower resist wands in her inventory so gather some gold and keep checkin her stuff out. btw i also eventually gambl'd (in hell) +2traps claws both req lvl 30 (ya two of them hehe) in hell after i beat nm, at gheed. then went back to nm and mf'd like crazy. hope this helps. lol i forgot to even answer your question..

ya cb is the only way. 1 point in kick and i eventually found goblin toes...and yes 25cb helped A L O T and i crafted some ammys and a pair of gloves with 6 cb so i had around 30cb to beat hell ^_^ and around 1300 life.

oh and when you want to 'solo' hell, before you do...do what i did and mf in pits cuz i found griffons ^_^

my rule in soloing has always been no trading to or for other players, so i only played with the items i found from the beginning of act1 normal..but for you it's different...i imagine you're going to trade with peaple so it should be about what..10thousand times easier for you? hehe.

3. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow Diabloii.Net Member

fire blast thingy is usually the way 2 go if ur sticking with just traps if not the also consider traps/kicks there are plenty good guides around

4. SuperGayParade

SuperGayParade Diabloii.Net Member

blade fury and a weapon like gimmershred works really nice to get a corpse for DS to pop

5. ilkori

ilkori Diabloii.Net Member

For Hell, you can either hybrid with Dragon Talon (as mentioned), or go with Fire Blast to round you out. JRichard's guide is in the builds sticky, I'd check it out.

6. Zorandel

My Asa is lvl 56 now.
    I don't know what to do with her :p
    I mean my skills are:
    max LS
    max DS
    1 in all Shadow Skills (exept Venom)

I have some skill points to spare, but don't know where to put them. Should I max the 3rd synergy for LS or add to Shadow Master or add to kick or even something else ? I don't want to screw her up...
    I have bartucs,jade talon, sigon shld, nat boots and nat armor, so I will have some +skills :D
    BTW, anyone have nat claw/helm to give away ? :p (sorry, for OT)

7. AveSatanasRex

AveSatanasRex Diabloii.Net Member

Of course if you can afford it, an Infinity on your merc will do. In fact, even if you don't want to pay for an Infinity, if you can get a mercenary that can kill a couple guys you should be able to handle most anything, between his work and your corpse explosions from Death Sentry.

8. AveSatanasRex

AveSatanasRex Diabloii.Net Member

Max the third and fourth synergies for Lightning Sentry (Charged Bolt Sentry, Death Web) and then max Fire Blast after that's all done. Also have a point in just about everything on the Shadow tree, except for Venom. Mind Blast and Cloak will help you out greatly in hell, and it's nice to be able to choose between Burst of Speed and Fade. As for the summons ... I wouldn't bother if I were you. It'll take too many points for a summonling to do you any good, which means your traps will be significantly weaker than they should be. It sounds like you are not probably using the most ideal trap gear anyway, which means that if you aren't careful, your traps simply will not be effective in hell. So get a good mercenary instead and focus on your trap tree. You'll want to max Fire Blast after you've got everything else taken care of, because: you'll never really use it. You don't need to ... the only real use of it is that for every three points you put into it, you get another shot off from your Death Sentry. The extra Corpse Explosion is worth it, especially since basically there's nothing else you really need to put points to.

My trapper is level 80-something, and the whole left side of the trap tree is maxed. I've got probably three hard points in Fire Blast, and a point in most of the Shadow tree. As for equipment, she wears a Shako, an Enigma, an Arach, Maras, a pair of rare rings that boost resists, some Tearhaunches again for resist, IAS gloves, and two trap claws which are magic claws that give +3 to traps. They're both socketed with a pair of Shaels for IAS (because, as I'm sure you're aware, casting a trap is considered an attack, not a cast). On switch of course I keep a CtA and a Lidless. My mercenary carries an Infinity polearm of some sort (I forget) and wears an ethereal Gladiator's Bane and a Vamp Gaze. With this particular setup, I can solo really anywhere in the game with the probable exception of Ueber-Tristram. She can rush and MF with ease. And of course it's fun as hell, which is the most important part.

(That said, my favorite assassin yet is the kicker.)

9. Zorandel

I was also thinking of maxing DTalon kick before the synergies for the traps.
    My thought was to have a trapper, who will have no problem with bosses (hell andy, meph, dia and baal). Kicking a lot, fast and with a min. 50% CB was my aim.

When I BaalRun I kill the minions with traps, than switch to CB gear and rape the boss quickly.

But this is just on paper now as I have invested only one pt in DTalon and maxed LS 'n DS.
    Will this work or should I not combine the kicker and trapper?

10. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow Diabloii.Net Member

you will need a little re orientation of ur item set up 2 accomadate the kick side of things, 1st a nd for most r ur boots either upped gores/shaddow dancers/crafted, rare, imbuned mydro*£% greaves this are important and are the dertmining factor for dmg....
    nxt up is the fact that ull b kicking these guys so lifetap and cb is the name of the game here 1st stop is dracks or a wand/dagger with lifetap charges on it this will keep u alive infront of the bosses and allow u 2 do ur dmg
    nxt up is cb... should aim for about 50% if possible usual route is guil face, duress, upped gores and then what eva takes ur fancy as a weapon black is a good place 2 start if ur lacking cb....
    the usual route for a weapon set up is a trapper weapon set spirits or claws and then switch to a high res shield and a nice weapon...
    things 2 look for on a weapon are elemental dmg, cb, ow, res, other funky mods.... and make sure u have life and mana leech...:scratch:

the combo works very well.. enjoy =-)

edit: as always read some guides! plz..... plz pl zpl zpl zpl zpl zpl zpl z :brainiac: