Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my valk sucks and she is lvl 17

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by cowtestickles, Apr 8, 2004.

1. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

my valk sucks and she is lvl 17

k i did wut everyone says for a strafezon pit runner get ur valk to lvl 17 with items i did that and she still sucks do u have to max it?

2. Midnight_Cowboy

Midnight_Cowboy IncGamers Member

sucks as in dying all the time, or sucks as in not killing anything?

the valkyrie gets a weapon upgrade at level 17 and therefore it is considered the optimum level for valk damage, but you should not be counting on her to inflict serious damage, she is a tank and should be used to engage enemies while you are safely behind her, doing the damage.

you could max her but it would only help her with surviving for a longer time (and since you can just recast her at your leasuire that might not be worth it), keep in mind that the valkyrie also gets synergi bonus from some of the other passive skills, which can give her a good defensive boost)

also, you can improve her damage by having a might merc (act 2 offensive mercenary) which will somewhat boost her damage.

ohh and everytime you cast the valk, the mods on her equipement will reroll, thus you can sometimes have a valk with a weapon that have +2 to mana after each kill and 8 poison damage, and sometimes you will have a valk with a 300 ed 40 ias weapon. the only way to check that is by using *cough* maphack.

3. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

lol k tx man

4. purpleshaman

purpleshaman IncGamers Member

I didn't want to start a new topic for this question, but since it's Valk related, I thought I'd ask.

When the valk stats say "damage +225%" and the like, what's that based on?

Also, are there any colors to the valk equipment which are always the same? Like, does red armor always = more health and green armor = more dex? (I don't know for sure if these are right, it's just a guess.)

5. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

The + xxx% damage applies to whatever weapon she spawns with when she is cast. Yes the color of her armor and weapon can give you a general idea as to what type of mods her gear may have. Look at the colors of the equipment sold by the town vendors and you can get to the point where you recognize most of the mods. Though this only gives a vague idea as to what she is wearing.

6. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

Another Valk Related question. I hear the optimal level as Cow stated is lvl 17... Does this mean that she should be kept at level 17 or is it to my benefit to have more +skills on so that's she's oh say level 20? Is it just at lvl 17 that she receives a weapon upgrade and after lvl 17 her weapon doesn't get as strong?

7. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

Past level 17 she still maintains the rare war pike. But she gets things like rare ammy, etc. So plussing her past 17 is fine, and can get some pretty intersting mods. I've seen her popping up hydras when she gets hit, etc. The higher the better, though you will probably be balancing out other equipment needs other than + passives. IMO +passive skills equipment is pretty amazing on a javazon.

8. bxr222

bxr222 IncGamers Member

Mine is at level 26 with +skills. She rarely ever dies and with my level 89 might merc she does a hefty bit of damage. I am a LF Javaby the way. She is so unkillable I can stand behind her and ID stuff at any point of the game.

9. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I have made a couple of Javazon since 1.10 is out. The first one I made had a low valk because I did not think it was very useful or necessairy but I was wrong. The last one I made has a valk level 18 and it's well worth it. With a might merc level 82, same as me, she actually kills stuff and she's a wonderfull tank.

10. madcow517

madcow517 IncGamers Member

My "strafazon" has a level 10-12 (depends of what equipment i have on) valk. I find her best as a cannon fodder, drawing fire while i do the kills. Most of the time a valk is worthless against act bosses (like Hell Andy). But when killing normal critters, a mid-level valk should be strong enough to draw fire so you can concentrate of your killing. If your valk is dying too much, you can slow down those monsters as well, doing so will make your valk last longer.

11. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

I have gotten her to a level 22, with full gear on, It's really quite nice. I have to admit i love having extra points in the passive tree. I thought it pretty fun to only have 1 point invested in almost each passive and magic skill Other than the valk... and getting the other skills to level 11... it's pretty nice.

12. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I always max Valk if I can fit the points in. She basically never dies.

By way of example, my level 80 knife-throwing zon (yes, i'm serious) uses Max Valk + Might Merc. The dumb blonde survives a long time. Doesn't kill very much, but damn, she never dies.

Valkyrie regeneration rules all.

13. gko240813

gko240813 IncGamers Member

I always assumed they rolled out with crazy leech

14. wangvicous

wangvicous IncGamers Member

Mine is at lvl 20 with all +skills factored in and i also havs i think around 13 points in penetrate because my ar was kinda low and my valk literaly never dies except against bosses.