My ultimate to find would be.... and yours?

Eriklop

Diabloii.Net Member
So for me the ultimate goal and most sexy item in game is a ethereal death cleaver. Never found one probably never will. I would make a few characters around such an item for sure.

ta6fbt.png

Now i would like to know if any of you have a item that gets you all exited. Maybe as silly as a Eth knell striker or something. Stuff thats niche but awsome.

Last edited:

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm on an endless quest to find a +6 BO magical barbarian helm. I think I've seen two of these posted about in my entire time playing D2. Since I have a Delirium socketed in a +3 BO barbarian, even a +5 won't be an upgrade.

Eriklop

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, i totaly forgot about getting 30max dmg on a single jwl. All these above crazy items are one of the many reasons i love single player. It makes you pick up these items and even though the chances are low your always getting a little exited when you have a 0000000,1 if getting it on pick up or id.

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, i totaly forgot about getting 30max dmg on a single jwl. All these above crazy items are one of the many reasons i love single player. It makes you pick up these items and even though the chances are low your always getting a little exited when you have a 0000000,1 if getting it on pick up or id.
It really is a testament to D2's loot system. Damn near everything that drops has some value.

- The lowliest rune can be used to create end-game worthy crafts.
- Plain old normal items are needed for runeword bases, with some of the above-mentioned ones with certain combinations of staff mods being very rare and powerful.
- Magical items have access to the highest tiers of affixes that you can't get on rares.
- Rares have a bunch of affixes and hitting on a bunch of good ones is another way to have an incredibly valuable item

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Rare Runic Talons
+2 Assassin
40IAS
Fools
2os
+3LS, +3MB, +3Venom

Not quite perfect but:
Code:
Vermilion Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x5344b4cf
Item Level: 75
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+26 to Maximum Damage

Vermilion Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x48e91261
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+25 to Maximum Damage

Last edited:

mir

Diabloii.Net Member
For me, it will be an eth crystal sword or rare amazon bow (or excep/elite versions) with high ED and other useful mods that's worth to upgrade.

Jocular

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm with @mir, I've always been attracted to those godly rares. Best bow I've found had 336% ED but no other good mods, and a cruel...of evisceration (63 max damage) magic bow...but it was an exceptional base :( I've never been so mad at Gheed.

Recently I tried using chippies to roll a cruel cadaceus for fun. I ran through about 300 and got nothing out of it, only a low 213% ED roll with no suffix or staffmods.

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
1.07 Ethereal Godly Archon Plate of Stability/Whale.

4 sockets from larzuk and zod-bugged with an impossible to find zod rune would make the ultimate 160/60. Just when you thought Fortitude was the best... haha.

And lets not forget the niche but stylish 6-affix rare jewels. I can think of some insanely rare combos that have uses.

@Eriklop last year I found a perfect Death Cleaver, but it wasn't eth :/

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Also Rare Balrog Blade
  • Cruel
  • Fools
  • Self Repair
  • Life Leech
  • IAS
  • Ethereal
And appearing black in game.

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Also Rare Balrog Blade
  • Cruel
  • Fools
  • Self Repair
  • Life Leech
  • IAS
  • Ethereal
And appearing black in game.
Do we know exactly how colorization works? I know it depends on mods, but is there a hierarchy, given the mods and their minimum ilvls? Is it based on the order in which the game generates the affixes?

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
My theory is it depends on which mod that affects colour is rolled first. But I don’t know for sure. I certainly have several rare swords with the cruel prefix that do not appear black in game.

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll just shamelessly snip this from a previous tournament I ran:

One last thing to note about affixes is that they have a chain of priority which decides exactly which colour takes precedence. If there is only 1 Affix with a Transform Code, if will change the colour of the item (assuming of course the item is able to change colour), whereas if two conflicting affixes are on the same item, the Suffix will take precedence. For example:

Godly (Dark Gold) Archon Plate of Ages (no Transform code) will display as Dark Gold, whereas

Godly (Dark Gold) Archon Plate of Swords (Orange) will display as Orange.

This gets slightly more complicated in rares and crafts when there are multiple prefixes and suffixes, but there remains a hierarchy there as well; suffix 1, suffix 2, suffix 3, prefix 1, prefix 2, prefix 3.
Plenty more to read about coloration in the writeup for that tournament. I'm not sure off the top of my head how d2 decides to order the actual affixes once they've been decided on, but I'd venture to guess it would be somewhere in the stickies. Maybe the item generation guide?

Once you have that information, you can figure out any colour combination of any possible item using the data files in Atma to find all relevant transform codes and possibilities.

EDIT: I just looked it up quick, and looks like your sword will be red, max. The LL is a suffix (of the Lamprey, Locust or Leech) with a transform code that turns the sword "crystal red" as per the game. So you have to either sacrifice looks or some LL. ;)

Last edited:

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
A truly beautiful rare Phase Blade would be my top choice, followed by perfect ethereal Ribcracker and Tomb Reaver.

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
A truly beautiful rare Phase Blade would be my top choice, followed by perfect ethereal Ribcracker and Tomb Reaver.
Perfect eth ribcracker is high on my list too. I'd like a truly godly rare eth crystal sword, so I can up it to an eth phase blade for extra hurtiness and style.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Eriklop I found this beauty recently on my untwinked 99er Sorc. :p Since I also found two Zods on my untwinked 99er Necro :eek: one of them will probably end up in there.

I've actually been planning to build a character based around it that uses exclusively stuff found by untwinked characters. A "twinked only with stuff found by untwinked characters" theme project, if you will, hehe... It's the only way I see to justify Zodding it, instead of just using Grief. ;) I'm not usually a guy for projects like that but this I think would be cool!

Apila

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm, maybe the ever so elusive Tyrael's Might, or possibly the mighty Zod rune? I like to be thankful for most drops. Just the other day i found Hand of Broc from a chest; an item i had never possessed before.