My Two Projects: Anti-Hammerdin PvPer and to make the "underdog" PvPer!

LeegionOnEast

Diabloii.Net Member
My Two Projects: Anti-Hammerdin PvPer and to make the "underdog" PvPer!

So, I want to make two new builds.

Build One:
Make a specific anti-Hammerdin build. One that just can not lose to a Hammerdin. I'm thinking a beafy, teleporting Barb that can stunlock them...any thoughts?

Build Two:
Take the most rediculous, but atleast PvM possible, build idea and make it competitive.

So...help!

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Meleemancers FTW!!!!
It is possible on paper.... I just havnt tested my idea for it

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
ZZomg...where have you been?????Shifter....FTW...can pwn every build...ezies hdins..n Is the amazing undeerrdoggg...wait!! do you even no who kiba is!!?!?!?!

Now..in all seriousness..hybrid auras pwn..tho most hdins can duel stack/sorb to a degree..

I wouldnt say theres a build that gg's hdins..yet, they arent unbeatable..for an underdog..hmm, definitly a passive zon..using passion for zeal/zerk and make her a tank ( I had 4k+ life, max block and pretty good dmg with huge atk speed and great ar..tho I got dodge locked to ****..so thats a problem.)

iMC :grin:

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
By Jav, do you mean Psn or Lightning?

Bonemancer w/ Revive stack works as well. You could build a Max Tele/ES, Max Warmth, Max Enchant Sorc using a Faith Rogue and try MercKilling. Just Teleport around and let your merc do the shooting/killing.

Builds that can't lose to hammerdins:

Any lvl 8 char
Town Druid Summoner
100% Defensive Chars

As for PVM, go with an Amazon Potion Thrower.

Lord Nyax

Banned
You may want to try a Plague Ama. 95% of Hammerdins are unwilling to desynch around for 3 hours, so they pretty much have to tele. At that point, you step down 3 "yards" and toss a Plague jav, then you just wait for the inevitable 1-life Hammerdin-tele and toss a LF. It's a pretty sure bet, most of the time.

Of course, there are no builds that "cannot lose" to a Hammerdin...there are some that don't lose often, and some that have an easy time with them 95% of the time...but you probably understood that from the beginning.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Make a Fury/Rabies. Definitely an underDOG build, can kill a lot of noob pub hdins who just aren't used to Tombreav's range 4.

primerib

Diabloii.Net Member
You may want to try a Plague Ama. 95% of Hammerdins are unwilling to desynch around for 3 hours, so they pretty much have to tele. At that point, you step down 3 "yards" and toss a Plague jav, then you just wait for the inevitable 1-life Hammerdin-tele and toss a LF. It's a pretty sure bet, most of the time.

Of course, there are no builds that "cannot lose" to a Hammerdin...there are some that don't lose often, and some that have an easy time with them 95% of the time...but you probably understood that from the beginning.
If the hammer was smart at all they'd have good all around res and would cleanse as soon as they got hit. Without a bow, the zon would be easy prey for desynch.

Since the thread starter is probably talking about pubs, I'll assume the hdin is atleast semi bm. If so, that rules out all fire, lit, and cold chars due to sorb and stack. Anything that have uber close ranged attacks are also ruled out. This pretty much leaves bowzons, necs, and of course, druids.

Bows can be pked easily if the hdin equips grief. Necs are very good vs hdins. They can create ibs fields when a hammer goes defensive, and nl spear/spirit followed up by boneprison. They also have high enough damage to utilize the walking tactic vs. a hdin. Druids are a well known hdin killer. Their summon stacking allows them to teleport on the hdin, get off one or two nados, then tele away without getting hit. There are a few tactics the hdin can use to beat uneducated druids, but druids have a complete advantage over the pally for the most part.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
If the hammer was smart at all they'd have good all around res and would cleanse as soon as they got hit. Without a bow, the zon would be easy prey for desynch.

Since the thread starter is probably talking about pubs, I'll assume the hdin is atleast semi bm. If so, that rules out all fire, lit, and cold chars due to sorb and stack. Anything that have uber close ranged attacks are also ruled out. This pretty much leaves bowzons, necs, and of course, druids.

Bows can be pked easily if the hdin equips grief. Necs are very good vs hdins. They can create ibs fields when a hammer goes defensive, and nl spear/spirit followed up by boneprison. They also have high enough damage to utilize the walking tactic vs. a hdin. Druids are a well known hdin killer. Their summon stacking allows them to teleport on the hdin, get off one or two nados, then tele away without getting hit. There are a few tactics the hdin can use to beat uneducated druids, but druids have a complete advantage over the pally for the most part.
By uber close, do you mean range 2~3? You're leaving out bvcs, hyb sins, etc?

Its not a windy's summon stacks that allows them to avoid hammers. Hammers hit everything in its path, unlike WW. If 100 targets is on exactly a same spot, 1 hammer will hit everything in it.

Telejumping on a Hdin with a Windy is a stupid thing to do, unless you're very pro at finding a sneaky spot where hammerfield don't intercept, ex: just southeast of hdin. Tornado > Hammers because direction control, range, and speed to get from point A to point B.

163% fcr windies are absolute hammer killers.

moro

Banned
By uber close, do you mean range 2~3? You're leaving out bvcs, hyb sins, etc?

Its not a windy's summon stacks that allows them to avoid hammers. Hammers hit everything in its path, unlike WW. If 100 targets is on exactly a same spot, 1 hammer will hit everything in it.

Telejumping on a Hdin with a Windy is a stupid thing to do, unless you're very pro at finding a sneaky spot where hammerfield don't intercept, ex: just southeast of hdin. Tornado > Hammers because direction control, range, and speed to get from point A to point B.

163% fcr windies are absolute hammer killers.
actually you are wrong. barbs and sins blow vs hammerdins (especially bm/pub ones) and hammers only hit one creature in the stack. otherwise windies would be worthless =)

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
This is ofc not true! as long as the summons are right on-top of you the hammers only hit 1 target at a time, meaning you can tank 6 hammers before loosing any life (5 wolfs and oak sage.)
Ie. its better to tele ontop of the pala spam 2-3 tornados tele away and resummon your army.

Paladins with 125 Fcr is 1 frame faster than 163 Fcr druids.

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
Sry for double post, but i might have made it sound to easy to kill hammerdins with druids; its NOT!

its doable and the druid have the advantage if you are equaly skilled and geared. But its never easy

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
actually you are wrong. barbs and sins blow vs hammerdins (especially bm/pub ones) and hammers only hit one creature in the stack. otherwise windies would be worthless =)
Ugh, is this true..?

Then how do hdins have such ez time against summonnecs..? :tongue:

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, from my experience dueling hammerdins with my summoner, hammers cant pierce minions, as the typical duel against a high def hammerdin goes like this...
1) I tele
2) He spams hammers
3) I cast amp
4) I sleep at keyboard for a few minutes as he works his way through dozens of minions
5) 20% chance that my mages kill him
6) 80% chance my skeles couldnt get through his def and they all die
7) W/O minions, I soon follow

This average duel vs hammerdins shows that hammers do not in fact pierce minion stacking, or else I couldnt possibly survive for more tahn 2 seconds or less

Edit: Whoaah, I wouldnt say they have such an easy time, its just that hammers > skeles, and it can only take so long to work through the minions, especially if that 150% ed vs undead applies to my minions :tongue:
Ive fought many hammerdins in which the duel was a race, could the hammerdin kill my minions before they killed him :shocked:

Bogie,

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, cool, then how does the game determine which target to hit, if minion stacked? completely random? so if 60 minions, your char is not neccessarily the 61st target?