Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My TS/DT 'sassin...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kung Poo, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

My TS/DT 'sassin...

Here's a quick question... I've got the aforementioned assassin build going, currently on clvl 39, about to ascend into NM difficulty. I'm following wildjinn's guide pretty closely, and it dawned on me... what kind of endgame gear should I be shooting for??

I'm going claw/shield this time around, so I suppose Stormshield is a given. But what else? Please lemme know.

And in case it matters, my skill plan is basically maxing TS, DT, Pheonix Strike, and Claws of Ice (as a synergy), with spare points poured into Shadow Master.

Thanks in advance.

~K_P

2. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Cool! :) I hope you're enjoying her. Be sure to update us on her progress!

My suggestions for endgame gear (C/S):

Andariel's Visage is nice and stands above the others, I think. Delirium is very nice, although it gets in the way of CoS. Crown of Ages is a perennial favorite. Shako and Veil of Steel could be nice, too. High-res Rockstopper could be okay, as could a Crown of Thieves. Same with a Vamp Gaze.

IK Gloves & Laying of Hands/Dracul's (situationally)

IK Belt or TGod's to help with gloams or String of Ears if you want max PDR.

Metalgrid/Mara's/good rare for +skills, resistance

Umed or PDiamonded Stormshield

Bartuc's Claw for great speed and +skills w/ Jade Talon on switch for res when needed

Shadow Dancers/upgraded Gore Riders/some kind of Myrmidon Greaves

Ravenfrost, Wisp Projector, good rare, BK's--something to fill a hole in your equipment. CBF is almost necessary, though.

Armor is a tough call--first there are a bunch of good runewords. I'm using a Lionheart Archon Plate and appreciate the +life (110 life, IIRC) and res. I would like more defense, but that's because my current MA 'sin is low Vit. Smoke is cheap and not bad, as is Gloom. Stone looks nice but is a waste of an um, IMO. CoH looks nice as does Enigma(I certainly don't have either to test.) Not as many uniques or sets look as hot to me for a 'sin, but there are obviously some very good ones. Arkaines would probably be nice for the life and res, Duriels, upgraded or not, is pretty nice. Basically, whatever melee armor you've got, it'll work. And if it doesn't, you can always switch. :)

Well, that wasn't too concise--sorry. I need to sleep, though after studying all last night for a final today. IK Belt and Gloves are your best bet there for a long time.

3. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Well, while I don't have an Andariel's Visage, I do have a few Tal Rasha Crests, so I might make use of one for the 15% dual leech.

Duriel's shell should last me a while, as should the IK gloves, although I don't have any IK belts. I'll use String of Ears for a while and see how that works.

No unique or set claws here, but addicted2macs gave me a sweet rare War Fist a few days ago that I'm dying to try out. I gotta wait until clvl 51, though, but that's no biggy. For the moment, I'm killing just fine.

I have a Stormshield with a PDiamond that will go to use later on, and until then, I'm using an Um'ed Ward (69 res all).

Pretty much the best assassin oriented ammy I have is the one I'm wearing, with +2 to MA skills. *shrug*

As for rings, a Manald is a must right now, and the other is a rare for resistances.

Boots... I have squat for that... Right now I've got on Natalya's Soul for the 40% FRW and resists, but... eh.. maybe I'll find something later on to replace it.

Anyway, thanks for the speedy response. You got a cool build with this TS/DT 'sassin, wildjinn. Very effective killer, and barely killable herself (at least, for the moment). Who knows what Hell will bring, though. I'll be sure to let you know.

~K_P

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

ehh K_P its 10% dual leech not 15 but anyway good luck with her i had one that did 24k at end damage

5. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I'm glad you like her. :) I would suggest more vitality (>900HP) in your final build than I originally did, especially with a low defense armor like I'm wearing now (;)) but you'll probably do that anyway. My new 'sassy is somewhat fragile in hell, so I'd suggest a change of tactics when that starts. Last night, with a friend, we got through a bloody hills that was filled with burning dead archers--CoS is amazing, especially with Mind Blast. Super-amazing. :)

An important difference, though, is that I went lightning in my recent one. If I make another one soon, she'll probably be cold. It's very much worth the crowd control.

If you want a Bartuc's and Jade Talon, (and some other good assassin gear) I've got a couple of extras, so let me know. (j-kurtin(at)northwestern.edu) It would be the least i could do to thank you for the great writing you do for the board. :)