Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My trapassin seems slow to lvl...

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by mdbutphy, May 18, 2005.

1. mdbutphy

mdbutphy IncGamers Member

My trapassin seems slow to lvl...

Hey guys. This was my first assassin build, and I chose to do a sort of trapassin. She's currently a lvl 26, with enough strength and dex to use scissors katars, and she's got only 3 points in LS (available at lvl24) and a point in fade, BoS, 2 in CBS, 1 in WoF, 1 in MB, CoS, WB, CM, SW...can't remember everything here...anyway, I usually just cast a shadow warrior to tank along with my act2 merc. My complaints are the following:

1: The Shadow warrior is stupid...or maybe that's just the way the AI works. I cast CoS and then start laying traps, but she runs right up to the horde...Also, I have put zero points into energy, and I want to be able to rely on her to cast most of the traps, but, she casts like 2, and then just runs up to the horde to try and hack them down. Of course, she's WAY too weak to do much, and she often gets killed. I guess it doesn't help that she just hits...waits...hits...waits...etc.

2: It seems like it takes FOREVER to level. My other character is a sorc, and she seems to level pretty quickly by comparison.

3: I'm having some trouble killing larger groups, or smaller groups of tougher enemies. It doesn't seem that LS is dealing a lot of damage (and with only 77 mana, I can only cast 3 before I need another potion). Of course I realize it is at a very low level right now...It's just that, maybe there is a better way of handling these situations?

Anyway, I figured you guys are the best to ask about the assassin, so what are your opinions/suggestions? Muchly appreciated,

Matt

2. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Most minions have bad AI so nothing u can do about that. You are a bit low lvl as of yet so dont judge the char too harshly. Have patience and it will pick up rapidly. As for slow lvling, we need more info on and where you are lvling and what size games.. its always kinda slow in the late 20's.. Party up in larger games in late act4 and very early act5 and you will be fine..once you hit 30 things become better, and if you don't rush like most do.., start heading up the mountain with a good group of peeps and you will be a legit 35 at the Ancients quest. Hit Baal runs after that till 50 or so in large games, then head to Nightmare, where you will have np at all doing things under your own power and not have to resort to the usual bnet leeching tactics.

Of course this is how I lvl my guys and it is by no means written in stone..just have fun and enjoy.

3. mdbutphy

mdbutphy IncGamers Member

I guess that's also part of the problem.. Usually, the games I play have 3 or less people. I have the hardest time getting into games that aren't doing baal runs, and I don't want a rush. I try to make my own games with appropriate titles, but it's hard to get people to join. Anyway, I'm still in act 4, just killed izual, so I've still got a bit to go there. Thanks for your help, and I'll keep on moving her forward.

4. leumas

leumas IncGamers Member

I could suggest the usual leveling tips for you. Join tomb run till mid 20 then cow games till high 20, blah blah blah. But, I know what you want are normal quest leveling. If you play long enough, you would find out that people only join quest game when there's already someone inside that good enough to rush them. Simply put, they join quest game just to solve quest so that they could do baal run as soon as possible. What you looking for can't be found in public LOD games. You should seriously consider start playing classic or ask your RL friend join you.

PS: Things get even worse at hell level. One of my character once stuck at act3 for over a week. For some reason, there are enormous amount of trade games in hell.

5. WajDjaj

WajDjaj IncGamers Member

Best way 2 fast low lvling

Yo!

First tell somebody 2 help u get to act 2 so u can hire a merc, cause his really strong from the beginning : D and then u start joining tristram games till ur lvl 15... u can start joining trist games when ur lvl 1.

When ur at lvl 15 try find "itombu" games or find sewers games.
    ( best way is that ur friend can tomb u )
    sewers or tomb 2 lvl 20 then u go cow normal till lvl 25 then compleat normal and go cow nightmare till u get 2 lvl 40 then start baalnightmare till lvl 60 or 70 and go 2 hell and baal till ur 80 or how much u will.. its the best way 2 lvl :D u can get like lvl 70 very fast.

LVL : Location:
    1-15 Tristram
    15-20 Sewers at a2 or Tomb in a2.
    20-25 Normal cow
    25-40 Nightmare Cow
    40-70 Nightmare baal
    70-Xx Hell Baal

6. BodomSaint

BodomSaint IncGamers Member

did you actually made the effort of reading the thread before you posted?

Topic: Maybe you can find people to play with here on this very board. just try your luck in the Player Match-Up Forum :)

7. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

um...its actually:

1-15 trist
    15-20 tomb
    20-25 norm cow
    25-45 norm baal runs
    45-70 nm baal runs
    70-99 hell baal runs

listen to mine
    its proven better :)