Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My take on 1k LK runs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Baltha, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Baltha

Baltha Diabloii.Net Member

My take on 1k LK runs

TIME IT TOOK
    So I have just finished my 1k LK runs project. I have a very nice map with 2 campfires very near to the waypoint. I average 40 seconds per run or 90 runs/hour for a total time of 11 hours and a half. That times take in consideration item identifying and management, and the occasional buying of keys and potions. Also bear in mind that I play with a Spanish translation. Names tend to be a bit longer (Grand Charm -> El Gran Hechizo, for example) so there are less names displayed in the screen and it takes a bit longer to see if it's something useful on the floor.

I did this because I wanted some HR and I think I was very lucky in that department. But I also run for grand/small charms, jewels and flawless gems. So I chose /players7.

Now for the numbers:

RUNES
    1 Ber
    2 Sur
    1 Lo
    2 Ist
    1 Mal
    1 Um
    2 Pul
    4 Lem
    6 Fal
    4 Ko
    5 Lum
    9 Io
    9 Hel
    19 Dol
    20 Shael
    25 Sol
    29 Amn
    24 Thul
    44 Ort
    19 Ral
    49 Tal
    19 Ith
    27 Eth
    15 Tir
    14 Nef
    6 Eld
    12 El

CHARMS
    14 Skillers
    2 7% MF Sc (several 6 or less)
    1 +3 Max Damage +15 AR 5% FHR Sc (several +2 max damage +xx AR)
    1 100 poison damage Sc

JEWELS
    Nothing really stunning, but a lot of nice +max damage for twinking.

UNIQUES & SETS
    An Harlequin Crest from a shako rack :badteeth:.

FLAWLESS
    506 assorted

So what now? I will make a Fortitude with that Lo, that's for sure. But I am still unsure about making it on my 455 def Dusk Shroud or if I should wait for an Archon Plate. I know that the difference won't be that great (200-250, right?) but Archon Plate gives style points :badteeth:.

On the other hand, I had another Sur from previous LK Runs, so I'm just a Sur left from Enigma! I thought I will want to make another kind of runs, but it feels soooo near...

And that's all, folks! Thanks for reading and I hope the numbers were useful. Do you have any comments or questions?

2. stefan

stefan Diabloii.Net Member

Re: My take on 1k LK runs

u were lucky!
    i did like the same ammount of runs and found only Lo, Sur, Mal, Pul and lower
    nice shako from rack, i found one to at countess racks

3. kRIMBO

kRIMBO Diabloii.Net Member

Probably sounds ridiculous but, whats an LK run ?
    Haha. I'm n00b-material.

Congrats on your finds though!

4. jdkerr

jdkerr Diabloii.Net Member

In Lower Kurast (Act 3), there are special chests that drop a lot of items. These chests have a particularly good chance of dropping runes, so people will load their character, take the Lower Kurast waypoint, teleport to the chests, open them, look at the items, grab runes (or other goodies), and exit. Wash, rinse, repeat.

(It's a bit more complicated than that, of course, but that is the basic idea.)

5. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

U really have got some crazy luck dude.I wanted a Ber as I felt like playing a bearzon. Ran LK/cows for quite some time and the best I have got now is a Fal. Not just about runes, 14 skillers is pretty good luck (great luck as compared to my 1K results). I always get those stupid serpent charms at LK.Congrats anyway :thumbup:

Regarding Fortitude, I wud say not to sweat on the defence roll of the base.And my personal advice is not to go for archon plate. It has a lvl req of 63; when it comes to Fort, I hate waiting for the right lvl to come(even if it s only 4 levels :p).Go for Dusk Shroud/Wyrmhide or if u are particular about looks, wire fleece looks cooler than archon plate(10 more str req)

btw, u manage to run at 40sec/run and also check racks(that too a shako rack of all :p) ?

6. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

Regarding Lo -> Grief might be worth considering. Especially as for armor choice, Peace is often more damage optimal than Fort, and a lot cheaper

7. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

@zrk : I dont get how peace can get comparable to Fortitude. The only offensive modifier on it is 2 to critical strike which imo isnt anywhere comparable to 300 ed. Also the ctc valk doesn't work with other character classes(other than amazons). Am I missing something?
    Grief cetainly can be considered as a candidate for a Lo usage though.

8. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

i dont wanna derail the thread but for non-barb non-highlord(angelic or whatever amu)setups(30 ds from gores and guillaume) lvl 5 cs does more damage assuming total ED exceeds 13.7. With grief or barb or highlord the critical point would be higher

9. zarqu

zarqu Diabloii.Net Member

Comparable to 10,000 LK runs in 1.12 I'd say you gathered around the same amount of HR's (a little less).

10. Baltha

Thanks for all the comments!

Indeed. And a few corpses/chests in my way. Take a look at my map.
    [​IMG]

I will quote Nightfish on this:
    I can't explain it better than him ^^.

1.13 is broken :badteeth:!

11. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

Ahh.. off topic but, Actually grief is ~35% better than the next best weapon(botdz, and this is even not considering the massive damage boost of ITD and demon damage it gives). And after them oath is even lesser performing. With death the difference is smaller but then again - it is not a universal weapon
    Any build easily achieves 900 ED(even bowazons can get 2300 ED and they dont have any ED skills), and in that case even NO ARMOR + grief does more damage than fort+ebotdz.
    And on the topic of armors - for defensive capability the very overlooked prudence, is a very strong choice even if fort is available

12. Baltha

I have another question regarding runewords and bases. Feeling than I'm sooo near for Enigma, what do you think is the best armor to make it?

I've been toying with the idea of making it in a lightplate/mage plate to make it a bit more universal. Is it worthy to make it on a dusk/archon?

13. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

I wud say breast plate, if u want looks light plate is alright. Dont go for archon, strength bonus from enigma helps a lot of chars to go at base str.

14. Mungojerry

Mungojerry Diabloii.Net Member

A bit of necroing here, but for the record (and as Zarqu linked), it is not overwhelmingly hard to roll an even better map than OP. This shaves of a couple of seconds/run because you don't have to teleport back to the WP but also it is easier to learn the correct click pattern. And last but not least it adds a LOT to the level of comfort after a couple of k's worth of runs.