Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Summoner - what to get next?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Kaos Necros, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Kaos Necros

Kaos Necros IncGamers Member

My Summoner - what to get next?

Ive had my summoner necro for a fair while now... Ive rebuilt him now with every stat point in vitality, and now im wondering what i should get next.

His skills are as follows: 20 CE, 20 RS, 20 SM, 20 RSM, curses, 1 in all other summon.

His gear is:
    Helm: 3 Summon Skills Circlet with 2 Ums in it.
    Armor: Enigma w/ low str req.
    Ammy: 3 Summoning Skillz
    Rings: 2 SoJ
    Belt: Arach
    Wep: AOKL, Cta on switch
    shield: Homunc with Pdiamond (i realise i can put um in it so dont say that lol)
    Boots: 2 SM marrows.
    Gloves: Draculs Grasp (for the str)

My Merc is Might and has
    Infinity CV Eth ofc
    Arcon Plate Fort w/ 3500 or so Def
    Nats helm 4 teh str to wear Infinity.

and I use anni, torch and loads of summon gcs.
    i got a beast earlier today and am thinking of Iron GOleming it

what ideas do u hav to make me more GG?

Ive had this set up for a while, and ive got Perf res, so im wondering what i could get or use to make me better? Any ideas.

2. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

You could get Magefists for the fcr (teleport and CE) and the +1 skill it gives to CE if you can get the str from the draculs somewhere else. (Do you need the draculs to equip your enigma?)
    Making an iron golem from beast is a waste in my opinion. The golem dies way too fast.

3. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

dont recommend iron goleming beast, use it instead of aokl, maybe using aokl to summon then switching, make a load of cheap insights and IG them, make sure you prebuff it and put spare skill points in golem mastery.

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

You could maybe trade out that Nat's helm for Andy's Visage, it's just a minor detail though. Don't worry about the -fire res, behind all those skellys it'll hardly matter, and Life Tap when he gets hurt too much.

5. Kaos Necros

K - so ill use Beast for that instead lol... So basically ur saying put on boneflame and use all possible GCs when i Golemify my Insight? And yes - im wondering where to put my skill points now. Will golem mastery make a difference?

6. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

Hiho!

I just check this forum for the fun:

- Use hoto instead of AokL because the automatic bones are really
    irritatating.
    - If you want to make this necro really cool you should reach the 75% faster
    cast rate breakpoint = hoto 40 + arach 20 + trangs ouls +20 = 80 Trangs is
    nice because it gives some skills to curses as well.
    - You are saying that you need some points into strenght. And therefore you use draculs? Well that is bit weird becaue the gloves are the last item that is pickup up when you take up your dead body. Maybe you play hardcore otherwise I think the extra strength is a bit useless in my oppinion (someone else can come up with a good purpose?)
    - If you use homunculus you need dex in order to have a 75%. I definataly prefer max block over life (try to do a 180 baalruns without block ^^)
    - Or use storm shield in order to spend less dex for higher block.

IF you want to do uber trist then your merc is hapier with coh and a kira.

If you make a iron golem out of beat you are a morron! A REAL ONE. Spend one point into earth golem And he has in the end 5k-8k life and slows down your enemies by 60%!!!!!!! Which is really good dont you think? If you prefer the beast over the faster cast rate (fcr is my favorite choice) then you need ofc a lower fcr breakpoint.

Good luck with it. (and nice coronet btw)

P.s. Put the last points into mages (that rocks)

7. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

erm get a 3 rs 3 sm necro head splendor it and use it as ure bo shield and to prebuff with leoric.

Andys is much better than nats . str ias and 2 skills to improve might.

3 summon with life/cast or maras for more bo ect

Trangs/magefists for cast.

I like shako for bo but that is not a bad helm. If u can get 3 summon with cast or life with 2 socs um um :p. sexi very sexi :p

Beast in ure main hand after prebuff.

erm 9 summon gcs lifer, torch anni and fill with 20 lifers ^^ lol about all i can think of

8. Kaos Necros

i hav finally got a Higher Anni so now i am prebuffing with Eth Zodded Boneflame and AOKL and switching to Beast. I must say i hav noticed a huge difference using beast. It seems as though i am getting hit a lot less when i tele into things. Perhaps its the extra speed that the skellys can get in a first hit and send the enemy into hit recovery.

Also i used to not use my CTA much because when i switched back to AOKL i would hav to recast skellys but now i dont hav to worry with beast because my max skellys with it r same as with CTA :D

Do u think making a Iron Golem out of a low doom would be a good idea. My friend has 1 lying around and says he doesnt mind. I currently use insight golems and r very pleased.

For some reason my merc needs rejuvs and stuff when my skellys arnt even dying and he has perfect resistance in hell and a 3.5 K def Archon Fort and more helth than my skellys. Why is this? He seems to get railed way harder than my golem and way harder than my skellys. Also whenever i duel and the enemy hits my summons my merc is sure to die and about 5 mages die and 1 warrior and this always seems to happen. For some reason its the same number of skeletons that die each time :| any ideas why?

ty 4 ur help

9. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

You need fcr if you want to duell. Second. earth golem is always the best choice (yes really).

Your merc is the weak spot of your army. Tho it makes your army a lot better.

The reasons? First your skellys have a life regeneration of 250 per sec which is nice. And a life of 10 k. Your merc does not have those things. Second in pvp your enemy suffers a pvp penalty of 1/6 against you. Tho, 100% to your merc. So your merc will die in one hit. If you fight again barbs and smiters it is smart to stack your teleport with revives (so they dont run away by howl), you can win from every barb as long as you dont get hit.