Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My strafer has major problems...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Lyndis, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

My strafer has major problems...

I'm trying to build a WWS strafer, and my zon can't even strafe like 9 times before running out of mana at level 24. What should I do since I don't have any gear that let's me leech mana (or much good gear to speak of to be honest)? Also, the WWS I have is only 150% ED. when I get the runes later on, should I pgrade it or wait for one with better ED?

If anyone can spare a manald heal ring or two...it'd be really terrific and I can give it back to you once I've found my own.

2. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

I've got a Manald heal you can have if you're USEAST Ladder. My account is in my sig. Just chug pots until you get some leech gear. DO NOT put points into energy. Horde +mana charms. Put an insight on your merc.

3. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

I'm on USWest ladder :cry:

I've left energy at base. Been pumping vitality and dexterity. Level 32 now. Found a rare bwo that does ort of low damage but has 4% mana leech. Still not nearly enough to refill my mana bulb.

What other cheap gear might you recommend for mana leech? I don't have a silk of the victors either :(

4. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

a few more levels and you can wear a stealskull...bet you can trade for one on west for a pgem or two.

5. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

i have a strafer and my zon is lvl 77. I dont really have a lot of high in end game gear but i do use Ghoulhide gloves. They have 5% mana leech and i got a magic ring thats got 3% leech. They both are not worth much at all and easy to trade for. I think i play on US west but im not sure if i do ill give u some mana leech gear for free ill tell u later.

6. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

I usually wear armor with saphires to increase my mana pool until I can grab enough mana steal.

7. doksan

doksan IncGamers Member

try going for tal's helm, godly life and mana leech. If you want dmg reduce then try vamp gaze, still good dual leech. For low levels find a 2 socket helm and socket with skulls. My 2-pskull full helm took me through nightmare lol.

8. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

lol. that sounds good. i've never played untwinked :sad2: so i guess i've never had the struggles you guys went through. but i did initially start off with nothing. and of course it was my bowazon

vamp gaze is great, but it's getting more and more expensive.

if you still need i think i got about 10 manald rings and heaps of mana leech rings. hopefully they havnt expired :|

but ultimately you'd want either a dual leech ring. or a windforce bow...6ML would be more than sufficient. say u deal avg 1k dmg per arrow, 6%=60mana. 1 strafe should get you full mana :)

aniway. gimme a msg you still need some gear, i got a kuko too if you want it, loved that bow.

*doraemon87 i'm on west

9. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

a manald and a kuko would be lovely ^^

By the way, what monsters are likely to drop a windforce? I personally cant even do a one-player Baal run by myself because his Minions are too tough for me (especialyl Lister and his pack)

*Lyndis, *TL1

10. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Put a point or three in frozen arrow and the minions will leave you alone. Freeze, strafe, freeze, strafe, and so on, until they go poof!

By level 50 or 60. mana will not be much of a problem anymore. It does get annoying to continually go to town for mana pots, but believe me, as you level, you'll do it less and less.

11. doraemon

bowazons arent great doing solo baal runs. i've tried, i'm lvl93 and those minions are damn tough.

you should download ATMA and use the drop calculator for windforce. IIRC windforce is one of the rarest items out there, i have heard pindle dropping them though.

yep. freezing arrow is great, or hire an nightmare act 2 defence merc who has holy freeze aura. i suggest if you are missing alot, hire a blessed aim merc to start off with.

12. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I had absolutely 0 probs with Baal minions, its getting to the throne is tough.

Believe me a Might merc with Reapers toll turn those minions into slow mo mouth babbling idiots. ;) Shoot freezing arrow, freeze them, merc hits with Reapers, decrip casts and its time to party.

If the merc gets hit, shoot another freezer and keep strafing.

Baals minions are not immune to cold (probably an oversight). :p

13. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

strafe knockback the minions, I'd say. Or go hybrid and fry them with lf :azn:

And a wws or harmony would probably be your best bet for bows. Should be cheap, just some pgems for wws or run nm countess for the runes of harmony.

manaproblems? insight?

As for monsters likely to drop wf: none, but it can drop in any lvl 85 area, by pindleskin (and some other superuniques I can't recall atm), baal and diablo (all in hell ofc). Still you're more likely to find something you can later trade for a wf. Best bet is to hope for a good runedrop at forge (think wf should be cheap on the us realms ... pul maybe?)

14. Bladewind

Well, an average WF is 2 high runes on west. Not exactly Pul cheap.

15. doraemon

you can get 1 for ist pretty sure. seen those games around

but definately not pul...

16. Bladewind

well that was the prices for an 8 ML one...

well you know there are people after this niggles (like me) :p

17. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

i have a 4soc 3skills GMB and would like 2 make a strafer... preferably cheaper but i dont wanna waste the GMB, should i hang for the hrs 2 make faith or what? hamony seems like a waste really... or maybe not... i dont know, i think i can strech 2 1 hr, but prolly not 2,
    -silent
    *puts this in new thread*

18. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

hmm thought they'd be cheaper on the us realms then on eu (where they're still around um-mal atm, right?), well guess you might as well shoot for faith with those two hrs if/when you have them. Then wws all the way ...

19. Bladewind

the last time i checked, wfs are going around for HR+. With IST now almost comparable to a HR (some peeps consider IST/MAL HR swappable) so yeah maybe the doraemon is right. :laugh:

I wanted to pay 2 hrs for an 8 ml WF but no wanted to trade me one !