Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My sorc is godly yet has no RESIST

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ludacrismfer, Feb 1, 2004.

1. ludacrismfer

ludacrismfer IncGamers Member

My sorc is godly yet has no RESIST

I got Shako, Tals Ammy, Tals Belt, Dusk Enigma, SS umed, Occy, Dual Sojs. Her resists suck. I can onlythink that I need some godly plus 2 sorc skills w/resists and mf. I can also get a HOTO to increase my resists by 10-20. Am I missing something? This setup will go to my CL/FO sorc when she gets lvled up. So whats the best setup there for surviving and stuff. I need max resists firstly, skills secondly, and mf 3rdly.

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

idk what the res looks like on enigma, but i would use skin of the vipermagi instead of it. you could switch the occy for a wiz, and that would fix it. i would have Pdiamond the SS instead of um. much much cheaper.

you can also use charms to fill in the holes. i have a 7 all res LC and a few 8-9 res sc's. enuf of them get you there.

3. ludacrismfer

All the strat guides say Enigma is best armor or ideal or endgame or whatever so if you use it what else you gotta use to get good resists.

4. VaderJM

VaderJM IncGamers Member

I would consider switching out the Occy for a wizspike. When it comes right down to it, most people die from elemental attacks, so in NM and Hell, I consider resists to be paramount to survival, even if it costs you some +skills gear.

5. matt4

matt4 IncGamers Member

You should Um the Shako, if you haven't yet. Stock up on resist charms and look for some good rare boots/gloves. Aldur's or Nat's boots are good as far as set items go. You can also try using Mara's.

6. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Well, if you need resist, I'd look for gear that provides more resist than your current gear in the same slots. And yes, you'll probably have to sacrifice either skills or mf. Your definition of "godly" is also quite a bit different than mine. Anyway, some suggestions:

Enigma -> Lionheart (95 Stats and 30 res all!), Viper (Skill and res all)
    Tal Belt -> IK Belt (slightly less stats but 2 big resists)

Also, you haven't told your glove and boot spot yet, you can look for tri-res boots.

7. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

I can't really understand why you're using Enigma. You're a sorc, so you already have teleport. I doesn't provide resists and has less mf than other options. It does have some useful mods like +2 skills and r/w. And I'm guessing that you need it for the +str to equip the SS.

I would recommend that you use Tals Armor instead of the Enigma. It will give good defense, +40 resist to cold, fire and lightning, **%mf, 20% faster case as set bonuses from the armor and belt. With the amulet, armor, and belt equipped, you'll get an additonal bonus of 65%. You might even consider equipping the whole set. It has tons of mf and will get your resists out of the negative. It will also give a total of +6 to skills.

As previously stated, consider investing in some good resist charms. You might have to ditch a couple skill charms, but the resists are more important. A good set of charms can really make a difference in the resist department.

8. DoC-Makaveli

DoC-Makaveli IncGamers Member

if this is a mf sorc... definately put on tals armor instead of enigma!! more mf/res

i wouldnt put on the whole set... not worth losing shako/occy (dont switch to hoto if ur mf -- put 15 all res jewel in occy and thats more than hoto)

annihilus charm would help a lot if u can get one... make sure u do anya quests...

that should rly make u enuff res...

9. ludacrismfer

Enigma is good becoz it req 77 str and gives up to 60 and more at high lvls. You save those points into vitality. 1200 def harder for me to be hit, plus 2 to skills, 45% faster runing. I have Tals armor and ammy and belt, thats what I used to wear but I decided I wanted to do this a bit faster and sacrifice about 200 mf. I am considering a maras, just got a 5%resist all +20 life sc. I think I will add the Wizspike. You think i am not godly coz i dont got HOTO and Arachnids. Well I am working on that got a etheral arachnids tonight. Im gonna keep mfing.

10. ludacrismfer

you can get any orb and shield aslong as you got good switch item. I woulnt mind a hoto coz i can switch to 6isted crystal sword

11. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Use ES if you got it or can get it...or want to get it :)

The way I understand it, elemental is first taken from your mana, then the remainder is to life. It's hell on your mana but easy on your life.

12. Hatoil

Hatoil IncGamers Member

Sounds like you need a good pair of rare boots, with at least two resists in the high 30s or even 40+. With fast run of course. Go gamble or trade!

13. Blackened

Blackened IncGamers Member

i would use chains of honor instead of the enigma. coh has huge resists (65%), mf (25%), some damage reduce, and +2 to all skills.

14. Calameth

Calameth IncGamers Member

These are my suggestions if your not fussed on losing MF:
    Um'd/15 Res Jewel'd Shako
    15 Res Jewel'd Occulus
    Enough 5 Res SC's to get resists your comfortable with in Hell.
    Don't forget your Anya quests also! Use them all, +30 Res. I know it sounds silly me mentioning this, bit I have some friends who constantly forget about this quest and wonder why there resistances are so low :p

15. ventilator

Heh no, I didn't make my "godly" remark because you are lacking this or that but because the equipment you wrote up doesn't really fit together imo. Especially the Enigma, as others wrote, seems like a waste on a sorc for me. You don't need the R/W when you got teleport and there are better MF armors out there. But it will limit you to Enigma only and no other armor, because you'll need the Str it provides for Storm.

Furthermore, you got only 30% FCR from the Occy and that's it. Even with Magefists you won't hit the 63% FC BP for 9FPC, which is crucial for teleporting or spamming non-timered spells.

Switching the Tal Belt for Arachnid Mesh in combination with Wizzy for Occy is not a clear trade in my opinion, for you are loosing stats other than mana, which is only a potion from Malah, MF, and skills while gaining resist and quite a bit of FCR. That's a trade off that isn't easy to answer.

16. Ghost Makaveli

Ghost Makaveli IncGamers Member

or try using the things ppl used before all of the mass duping which actually had resist. what youre using is the common setup among ppl who were around while duping was going on, which doesnt really have any resist to it

17. ludacrismfer

I have solved my problem with resists. Rising Sun ammy... Wizspike... thats all I need right now. Later I will get a little more resist charms. Tals armor and Amulet and Belt is a good combonation and I used to use that all the time. Enigma w/ Arachnids and Magefist and dual sojs and wizspike and shako and tals ammy gets my dmg to 20k and my resists are 22/75/75/22. That not bad, but I need to trade for Rising Sun because I only die to FIRE in meph runs.

Enigma will make you do Mephisto runs faster. Thats because it makes you run faster and kill faster. It also makes it so you can use stuff like SS and other high str items but with out spending so many in STR and more in dex/vit. Also gives good mf which is a huge stat to a sorc. As long as you have 300-600 mf you are ok, so it is possible that arachnids, Enigma, and possibly a rare Sorc Plus2skills, Prismatic Resists, and MF ammy OR a Maras is better than Tals belt, armor, ammy. The more expensive set sacrifices MF for Speed and you need speed over mf especialy if I have 550 aprox mf with the more expensive set on.

18. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

someone made the comment that the 60 str on enigma saves a lot of points for vitality. that is true, but it only equates to 120 life. that isn't all together that much. this is why most sorc players prefer to put the stat points into str/dex and get items that have +life on them. they help a lot more. that same 60 points in vitality will boost most other chars by 180 life, a barbarians would get 240 life from it.

19. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

i dont care how expensive your gear is... if a butterfly farts in hell and you die because of it... you arent godly...

your build lacks common sense.

20. ventilator

FRW is probably the most useless stat for a Sorc, ever heard of Teleport? I don't think I've ever taken a single step outside town past level 18 unless I absolutely had to, like being cursed with Blood Mana. As a CL/FO you'll use FO to kill Meph, and I think 2 skillpoints are more or less a neglegible in that case. Furthermore, what other high strength items apart from SS are you talking about? And why are you using SS with your build anyway? PDR is useless when the Blood Lords in Durance3 kill you with their meteors and the blocking is useless (i.e. 1/3) when you are running around like a chicken anyway.