Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Skellimancer cant kill dclone :(

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cyriene, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Cyriene

Cyriene IncGamers Member

My Skellimancer cant kill dclone :(

DClone spawned in a game i was in while i was doing a pit run. he was spawned from shrenk and i have 13 skillies but they just stood no chance vs him. i decrep him and had clay golem for the slow effects but his fire just tore my skellies apart. i had to get my sorc and some zon ended up getting the charm anyway :(

is there any ways for a skellimancer to take on d clone?

2. nataku00

nataku00 IncGamers Member

You have the right idea, you need a decent lvl clay golem and decrep to slow him and then you need skeles/revives to hack at him while he's decrep'd. You also need a very high lvl skelli mastery (40+) to aid in keeping your skeles/revives alive longer. I suggest getting some monsters from worldstone keep as revives to better kill dclone (pit lords/death lords are particularly good). It will still be slow and arduous process, but a skellimancer can kill dclone. Just not as fast as a good melee char or a hammerdin.

3. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Not that I have seen. Clone regenerates way to fast(in the 3 clone battles I was in). A Venomancer or Boner would be good though.

If you find out something different...post it here though.

HoS

4. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

you can nix the regen thing by just running up and hitting hiim once (melee attack) with prevent monster heal on. use a blackhorn's, your CtA if you have one, or any other weapon that'll give you the mod... just 1 hit from that and he should stop regening for the whole battle.

--fatty

5. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Yes most Necros could put 1 point in poison dagger (boosted by + skills) since that helps with the appalling AR Skellimancers will have. Several daggers have the prevent monster heal mod.

6. Orxenhorf

Orxenhorf IncGamers Member

I had him down to half...

I have an almost pure summoning necro and did get the clone down to half one day. His fire breath destroyed all the warriors, but my fire golem would survive for quite a while. Mages were standing around out of range of his attacks and taking shots at him. 12 of them were taking him down slowly.

If I get the chance again, I want to try using fire golem with iron maiden curse on him. That may work too.

7. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

I've never fought the clone with a Skellymancer, but I can imagine that you really need PMH. Crushing Blow also on your merc (Hone Sundan, anyone?) would help out a lot.