Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Skellie/Poisonmancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Pherdnut, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

My Skellie/Poisonmancer

Is fun. I mentioned it a few days ago (nearly maxes RS and SM) and while the build is still mostly skellie, I've got poison at a level where it's actually doing some nice supplemental damage and I'm only at level 50 so the three piece Trang's and Death Web haven't come into play yet. It's kind of demanding on the micro to hit LR, Nova, then switch to Amp and corpse explode but I actually enjoy builds that require lots of skill switching. I also made this guy with some extra points in energy and I gotta say, for PvM, it's a much more entertaning game when you can just corpse explode like a madman without having to suck down a mana pot every two seconds.

I'm wondering if anybody has played a skellie/poison build with Bramble. I would think the hefty dose of extra p damage as well as the thorns and spirit auras would add up nicely.

I think I'm going to use this guy to search for socketables once I get to higher levels. Sacrificing power for MF gear seems like a less ideal way to build up your goodies.

2. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I have recently applied the Bramble armor to my guy. The increase in damage is unreal. I told a buddy that my poison explosion does max 34k. No, I don't use poison explosion very much, but it's fun in doorways!

Masa

3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Bramble is pretty decent...but in my experience enigma is better. If you have a deaths web you generally won't need bramble...especially if you are using 3 piece trang along with it.

Enigma will give you the mobility to hit more monsters in a space of time...and when deaths web is brought into the picture...that means you'll be killing more. Also, enigma will give you control over where your army is placed.

4. Pherdnut

Yeah, but if you want to kill bosses fast, Bramble has got to be pretty sweet. Also, since I'm playing with skellies, that thorns/druid spirit combo is nothing to scoff at. I haven't played with both, but I'd guess it's a pretty equal tradeoff.

How are people getting such insane damage though? My screen is showing 3K now but I've got about 15-18 synergies left for the Nova. Are these damage levels after 10 PNB charms or something or does damage start going up at a geometric rate? If so, I can't wait to hit those Hell Baal Runs.

Anywho, if anyone is thinking of going poiskello, get yourself an Arm of King Leoric in addition to all the standard triple trangs/Death's Web gear. I only have 15/15 in my skeletons but they're doing just fine in Hell when prebuffed with AoKL. I lose 1 or 2 when the going gets particularly tough but a massive series of Corpse Explosions usually resolves that. I plan on getting the skellies up to around 18/18 once I'm done maxing my nova attack but that's going to be some time from now.

I didn't realize that switching from lower resistance to Amp damage after poisoning didn't reduce the poison rate. Since then, I've been killing stuff even faster than before. And when I run into a particularly tough batch of enemies I just start corpse exploding like a mad man. Not only do I have extra mana but the insane mana return from Death's Web really helps out.

This build is awesome because it kills insanely fast and can handle anything. The only monster that has taken a particularly long time to kill was Griswold and that was just because I couldn't manage to keep the fight near a pile of bodies and he was poison immune. The only area I ended up asking for help in was Maggot's Lair. Poison immunes +narrow corridors made it a serious pain. Manageable but extremely time consuming to the point where I got impatient and started making stupid mistakes.

I've played meteorbers, hammerdins, bonemancers, avengers, several shapeshifter builds, and kicksins, but this build has been the most satisfying by far. It was worth everything I traded to get the gear.

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Because poison is duration based it's not really a great boss killer regardless of your damage, I have an 8k nova and bosses are a pain without my CB merc....however...with my CB merc = :D

Thorns helps a bit, but skeletons aren't as "damage return friendly" as a revive build...skeletons have a tendancy to ovverrun the opponents before the damage return really starts shining (which isn't a bad thing).

Also I think army placement might be more important than damage return, I've played with both and that's how I feel :lol:

Though I guess it's up to style...that's just my 2 cents.

My pnova is level 41 w/o bramble and it's 8k displayed. Only 5 pnbs.

6. Pherdnut

Durr. Yeah, I was looking at poison explosion not nova. 8K? That's pretty sweet still. Are there any nonbosses that don't die after 1 Hit?

7. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I don't think I'd ever argue with Necrochild313 or a few others out here. Enigma on a summoner is definetely awesome for getting in and out of trouble. It's really nice to be able to pounce on top of the boss. This way your summons don't stray too far!

Masa