Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My skellemancer Mfer build plz help...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Diablo2Slave, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Diablo2Slave

Diablo2Slave IncGamers Member

My skellemancer Mfer build plz help...

alright i started from scratch since i invested points into skills i did not need as much as i thought i would. but as far as i know i will want to max skele mastery along with raise skeleton. atleat 6 points into summon resist to have 50% resist all for my minions. 1 into every curse leading up to decrep (decrep being my main curse) so i was wondering what should i have as my secondary minion i kind of dont like revives because they only last a mare 3 minutes and poofy their gone and the mana cost is kinda steap for something that last shorter than most runs last. i know i know resummon them but i dont want a summon that i constintly have to summon. i was thinking maybe a clay golem/skele warrior combo + my might merc. might do the trick. i will be running hell meph for items, so plz include some helpful hints or tips for me to do.

2. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

You will have plenty of skill points available after the skills you have mentioned so I suggest that you put 1 point into clay golem & 1 in golem mastery. The clay golem is very helpful even at this level. Then I suggest you put 1 point into revives; will + skills items you can easily have 4-9 running around and they can be helpful. Some folks don't like them but I also max skeletal mage. They help some and with a high CE you should be able to go anywhere & handle about anything.

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

right now i have maxed sm and rs..1 into sm giving me about 5 mages along with 11 warriors after +skills..adn my golem(clay) live raelly long and dies rarely with the huge life he gets jsut by havin one point in sr..gm..and cg..with +skills he has around 3k life...more thna my zons valk!!

thsi is with crap gear(magic +skills gear) mf gear would be a step up from wut i have and i love this guy...i threw a might merc in there and i rip through almost all of hell..as long as i dont get attacked hehe..my bone armor absorbs ~600 dmg includin the marrowalk bug..just one point into the bone skills gave me this

my merc is clvl75 as am i and this babys a blast..gonna meph mf with my codl sorc until i can get some decent mf gear to start doin full mf runs with this guy

4. frend? or foe!

frend? or foe! IncGamers Member

hi i gotta lvl ** summon mfer and nothing can touch him except
    those pesky gloams in worldstone hell
    my build is slightly different to yours and it goes like this

max s mast
    max r skell
    1 each summon
    1 amp
    1 b a
    max ce
    rest spread between fg and gm

also use a might merc got him dressed in tals armour/harley/ bonehew amn amn

i use harley
    skulders
    gold wrap
    chances
    marrows
    sojs
    maras
    arm of leoric
    homunculus
    and got 80% or so in mixed mf scs

the reason i chose fire golem over clay was for one reason when i am
    fighting baal i use fg to direct baals aggression away from my minnions
    also when he dies his explosion takes some of baals life with him

i think personaly that my necro mfs better than most other chars
    in the game maybe not faster but safer and and i think those tele sorcs
    miss a lot of good drops rushing to kill the boss

5. Bengalfang

Bengalfang IncGamers Member

I would recommend a tele ammy to run meph. So I have walk half tele to Meph and I stop to kill a lot of unique monsters on the way. I have a lvl ** summoner and I think the key is to have a good might merc. My merc wears a 4 socketed Armor with PTs in it. So I always let him kill the big monsters which gives me an exta 96 mf. I have 490 by myself. The only thing different that I have from a lot of builds is I maxed Mage. Which a lot of people do, but you didn't really mention it. I usually only raise a few though, but you need pts to keep them alive. A cold mage slows bosses nicely. And you are right about revives, they prettty much suck. Also I would only recommend one pt into summon resist and let your +skillz do the rest. after a few pts it doesn't really help.

6. Diablo2Slave

Diablo2Slave IncGamers Member

Thanks for the tips guys/girls and after reading the reply's to my original post.

I have thus decided to:

Max SM
    Max RS
    Max SM
    6 into SR (for the 50% RA)
    Decrep as a main curse.

Things im unsure of and still need help on deciding:

CE (worth it or no?)
    Clay or Iron Golem (which would suit me best on hell meph runs)

Any other info and tips will be very much appreciated also with the skills listed above is it feasable for me doing in hell meph runs or should i add/subtract something?

Thanks

D2S : Skelemancer Deciple

7. Bengalfang

Bengalfang IncGamers Member

CE is a must!! I didn't mention it because I thought it was obvious. I mean you don't need to max it since that really just increases the range, but I would put at least a few into it. And I don't use my golems much, my merc and skels to just fine. And DON'T put 6 into SR. Put 1 or 2 and your plus skills will easily carry you to 6. Unless you have really crappy equipment.

8. BDs

BDs IncGamers Member

i hate the mages, they block my Skelly warriors :rant:

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

I love the Mages, they speed up killing :clap: