Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Skelemancer, new account need advice

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Koggit, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Koggit

Koggit IncGamers Member

My Skelemancer, new account need advice

All my char info...

Level 52

STATS
    Strength: 55
    Dexterity: 25
    Vitality: 55
    Energy: 32
    Unused stat points: 168

[​IMG]
    (equipment on)

SKILLS
    Amplify Damage: 1
    Skeletal Master: 20
    Raise Skeleton: 20
    Raise Skeletal Mage: 3
    Clay Golem: 1
    Blood Golem: 1
    Iron Golem: 1
    Revive: 6 (Pretty sure I put too much here)
    Golem Mastery: 1
    Summon Resist: 1
    Unused skill points: 1

[​IMG]
    (equipment on, only point not shown is the one in Amplify Damage)

Gear

Wand
    [​IMG]

Armor
    [​IMG]

Head Gear
    [​IMG]

Shield
    [​IMG]

Amulet
    [​IMG]

Gloves
    [​IMG]

Boots
    [​IMG]

Rings
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know my gear is crap, no need to tell me. Through this character I realized it's near impossible to get good gear without having good gear.

I took the trouble to make this thread much easier to read with the images (though the IMG code being turned off sucks), so please take the trouble to give me advice. =) Namely on stats, next skills, and best place to or what to kill for items at my skill level (I'm strong enough to take the early half of Act 2 NM, not Duriel yet... at least not the last time I tried, somewhere between 45-50).

2. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

The best thing to do at this stage is read the guides that the stickyat the top of this forum links to. That will help you decide the type of Necro you can have from here on, given you have fully invested in skellies. There are several viable options for you, although all of them use at least 1 point in CE and most use Decrepify for dealing with bosses.

The thing that strikes me most about your equipment is the wand. At your level you should be able to buy a much nicer magical wand from a vendor, one with say +2 Necro skills and some other extra skills or a +3 Summoning with extras. It might take 20 mins but it will time well spent.

If you want to find magical stuff you'll need to equip some magic find gear and your rings look useless so start with them

It is always hard to get started but gradually things will build up and you'll learn how to tackle the problems a Necro faces. Good Luck. :)

3. Liessa Wyrmbane

Liessa Wyrmbane IncGamers Member

Good way to shop for a necro wand is in Act2 NM from Drognan. Keep creating games till the town exit is near Drognan. That way you can "refresh" his shop inventory very quickly by running out of town and then back in. You should find a decent wand (+2 necro or +3 summoning) very quickly.

Also, hire a Act2 Offensive merc to get Might aura for your skellies. Might enhanced Skelingtons with Decrepify curse will make Duriel a walk in a park.

4. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

sorry , I'm not autorized to see you equipment.
    but the +skill is very important.
    for you're equipment, don't forget you can wear two weapon/two shield (by "W")
    look after weapon +2 skill or +3summ with other spell, decrepifit, attract corps explosion and lower resist
    look after shield with min +1skill and same skills (other skill from same list), of course you can't buy shield, so be careful with all drops

that will change you're live

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

First, get your strength to 91-100(91 in case you get Trang's set), to block or not to block(that's your choice) since I like baal runs mostly...I went with block(and am glad I did, it's saved me quite a bit) then rest into Vitality(use potions for your energy instead of using points there).

Next, get your Curses taken care of(I like Decrepify alot) and put 1 point into Dim Vision(for lightning monsters)... Then your options are either Mages(Ilike them with my Summoner alot) or CE(max CE will cover your screen when you use it)...your fine with your Revives.

I find the Mages handle the lightning monsters really well(when I'm doing baalruns), also you could do NM Andy runs(and hope a soj falls)since Andy has a good chance to drop them. Get 1, then you got better equipment.

With my Summoner I have max Skeletons(total of 12),Mages(total of 11),have 1 into Revives(total of 8) and my options are either Bone Armor, CE, or more into Revives...I only went up to Decrepify for my Curses(since I use it the most).

Hope this helps,

HoS

6. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

The only thing I see that isnt good with your gear is your rings. You amulet pic isnt working.

I also see that you have the same mail that I do..

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Do you play on West Ladder?

HoS

8. Koggit

Koggit IncGamers Member

East Softcore Ladder.

I'm 69 now, decided to go with Corpse Explosion, I'm a bit disappointed in it at its current level of 18. The damage isn't particularly impressive, it's a mana hog, and uses my valuable corpses.

The URL for the amulet should be...

http://www.strawhatmanga.com/koggit/diablo/necroammy.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to edit posts.

Some guy gave me a 25% Nagel, and not but 5 minutes later when playing around in Act 1 Nightmare I found a second 29% Nagel. I haven't found anything good since then, though. I appreciate the Wand advice, I found a +3 Summoning wand in Act 3 (after a LOT of searching), I have no idea why I didn't think of buying one before... I always assume shops will only carry crap.

I'm having no trouble at all tanking everything thrown at my minions on Hell, but it takes forever to get kills, with the exception of crowded areas where Corpse Explosion can really help but a dent. I have a level 62 Might mercenary and am casting Amplified Damage, but it doesn't help too much.

I think I'm going to do my best to raise my +skills, and try to get some summoning grand charms.

In the Skill Tree Decrepify says it weakens enemies, slows them, and amplifies the damage they take. 2 questions - One, does it do the same as Amplified Damage only extra effects? Two, do curses stack, or would the second replace the first?

9. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

decrepify is very more strong, and it can break immune. Break a physical immune can help you a lot :) but with common meeting amp is enough.
    I look you're equipment, shield is very good.
    armor is not bad but for MF , a simple armor with 3 gems socket will be the top.
    for you're merc : he help you're minion, difficult to see it. and for himself , a weapon with lot of damage is needed to see him as a killing machine.

for CE, I put the min points because add points is only for the distance, not the power and I use attract, this spell make monster kill each other and attrack them to a specific place (where the monster is spelled) so if I put attrack near a corps, monters go to corps and I don't need to have a great arrea effect.

for help you in hell
    - look at golem : iron golem (I'm sure you found rare weapon that could give good IG) or fire golem can help you (one point with +summon).
    - try attrack (buy a weapon to test , and one point after) with decrep.
    - level up (and you're merc in same time).
    - change +summon by +skill (more easy to say than to make :lol: )
    - don't forget hell is ... hell

10. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

A skelliemancer is pretty strong already. I think you are saying CE is weak is because you are not playing solo games but probably playing in a many players game. When my skelliemancer is at that level, he was quite a power house and have no problem killing even in hell with CE. Its only in hell act 4-5 where CE is your main damage source

11. alexmatusiak

alexmatusiak IncGamers Member

IF you haven't already, this is a good guide from a physical summoner.

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=126628

CE (as it says in the guide) won't do enough damange in an 8 player game (where monsters are have over 400% health) but there really isn't another option. You won't have enough skill points to make bone spear/spirit viable. I personally have tried two routes after maxing the essentials; one where I maxed out CE and the other where I maxed out Iron Golem. Both were okay. If you have a golem fetish then go for that ... personally I don't like golems but you never know until you try. Of course you could fill out some new curses (ie Attract because it works with Amp).

Depending on how many points you have left, you can drop them in Poison abilities and use PN as a support spell for your skellies ... but again, it'll eat your mana and quite often the damage it deals in hell without full synergy isn't so hot. Still ... it looks cool and since it'll turn all your enemies green, you'll be able to pick out the enemies for easier curse casting ... i guess :thumbsup:

This is the same stumper you almost always run in to with physical summon necromancers. You're done everything you need by around Clvl 70 and there are a lot of points left .... if you want to make your life easier, you can always max out Amp :surprise: heh

Cheers

Alex

OH! PS - isn't it great how well a summoner can do without great gear? :clap: You really need a new wand tho ... imho

12. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

I play on east. I am mad because I had a ring with a fire resist ]and +29 mana and I freaking transmuted it.... argh...