Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Septavirate

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by seige, May 21, 2005.

1. seige

seige Diabloii.Net Member

My Septavirate

I’ve decided that its time for me to try my own Septavirate.
    No, I’m not mad and contrary to Rizzo’s beliefs that I have a fetish with naked characters, that is what I am aiming to try.
    A Naked Septavirate

I have came up with some ideas for a few character builds but need help with the ones that I really don’t know that much about. Any advice, pros and cons would be great.

So far:

Nekkid Naomi … Sorceress ... Meteorb with some minor adjustments.
    Streaker Steve … Paladin ... FOH (Corax’s suggestion)
    Bareass Bahari … Babarian (Need suggestions) I was thinking taunt along with of course Battle Cry, Battle Orders etc.
    Nude Nevaeh … Assassin (I’ve never played a Assassin so I’m really in the dark here)
    Bare Bree … Amazon ... I think the only way to go here is a Tankazon as Bree won’t be able to carry a Javelin.
    Naturist Nodin … Druid ... Fire Druid (again from Corax)
    Nudist Nico … Necromancer ... Skellimancer with some adjustments again. Dim Vision seems like a good idea. I’m a bit uncertain if to go Revives or put some points into Iron Maiden.

So far I’ve started Nico who is on his way to slay NM Duriel and doing reasonably well. I’ve been able to make him a strength poleaxe to help out. It’s not much but no MF means I rarely even see a green or gold let alone something decent.
    I have Naked Natasha who’s a Meteorb and is one her way to free Anya in NM but have put her on hold as I want to start all fresh characters for this.

What do you think. Would these be viable builds for me to try for my Septavirate. Remembering that I only play HC and all points will go into Vitality and Energy. No points into strength and dexterity at all.

I’d appreciate any advice that you can give. It’s something that I’m interested in trying.

- Jas :howdy:

2. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

yay seige.

definetly a trapsin.

3. Nightfish

Nightfish Diabloii.Net Member

Good luck, I don't think your amazon has a chance though, unless you allow your merc to use items.

As for the assassin, one point in CoS and max all the lightning traps. (shocking web last since it's the weakest, I think) You could also max shadowmaster if you feel that you need a tank. Questing won't be too hard, everything not LI will get pwned by lightning sentry and the rest will hopefully die to DS's CE. Ancients could be an issue, though.

Barbarian should probably max warcry, just so that he has something to deal damage with. Will be very hard, too.

The necromancer shouldn't put many points in dim vision, imo. Better get one in attract and use that curse. Pretty much the same effect for lower costs. Generally I'd suggest the core build of my necromancer with the remaining points spread among the most useful skills: Amp damage (~8), Revives (10+), SR (5+), Clay Golem and Golem Mastery. This one I'd consider almost "normal" as far as difficulty goes.

4. Sidhe

Sidhe Diabloii.Net Member

Gogo Jas!! Good luck on your crazy quest! :clap:

As for the builds you're not sure on yet; Trapsin and Singer Barb? :)

5. Nacaa

Nacaa Diabloii.Net Member

So what have happened to the SPF? Is everyone trying to accomplish the most craziest septavirate they possible can? Good luck btw. YOu'll need it ;)

6. Nightfish

Nah, nacaa, not everyone. Some of us try to make up in size what they lack in insanity.

7. seige

seige Diabloii.Net Member

My merc's can use what they want NF. God, that would be hard :D
    Everyone says that a lightning Trapsin would be the best to try so I will go that way.
    The Barb and Zon will probably be the hardest of them all to get started and in fact even keep going.
    I've tried your Skellimancer guide a few times now. And imho I think one could just about go through hell using your guide. I'm trying to take the safety approach this time. Archer and gloams, particularly gloams hit too hard with huge minus res and they lock my skelliemancers. If he doesn't have a belt full of purples, its "deeds". I thought being able to spam dv to give me back the edge may help. I've kept most of your guide. Just a few adjustments that I thought were necessary to get me through Hell. Revives, well I've never been a revive person. I think their AI this patch sucks. I could go 10 dv which may give me enough for a few revives. Thanks your gave me something to think about.
    I have one in Attract. I was thinking of more until I saw that it only added to the amount of time and left it at one.
    @Sidhe. Yes I have been thinking about a singer barb or something on those lines *hugs* My Zon and Baba will be the last ones that I start, so there's time to plan some more. :)

- Jas :howdy:

8. Rizzo

Rizzo Diabloii.Net Member

Tee hee, you do have a fetish :p

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Gogo seige!!!
    As for the barb, i definitely recommend aaginst the singer. Even though you'll be ok to leave str and dex at base, you'll need to pump almost all of your points into energy if you will be wanting to kill stuff in hell before your mana runs out. My singer is very safe and would usually be a ok choice for HC, but mine had 3k mana after BO and almost every item was aimed at mana or FCR, so i dont think that it'll be viable in hell.
    I suggest a concentrate barb. Your lack of defence and blocking wont be as noticable, and lots of attack rating will help.
    With the zon your only hope is a tankazon. Max valk, and get the 3 dodging skills to at least 10 each (i think 12 is a good number to be aiming for). slow missile will be essentuial here, so i recommend getting some practise in with that first, and the use of decoy to distract ranged attackers will be important.

10. Nightfish

And that conc barb would have what? 3-10 damage with a whooping 57 defence? o_O

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Your forgetting iron skin and shout. it'll be in the hundreds by then. :p
    Anyway, im just saying, singer is about the only option for non melee nekkid barbs, and a lvl 20 warcry costs 29 mana, and in hell P1 it takes 10-20 war crysto take down a pack of tough monsters, and she wont have any +skills on, so it'll be very slow going.
    So If not singer, what else? maybe a beserk, since the defence wont matter, it'll do the most damage, or a bash-o-barb becasuse it adds a set amount of damage (21 with it maxed and BC on) on top of AR bonus and %dmg bonus.

12. Nightfish

If you're not using a weapon or equipment there is no way in hell you can do *anything* with a combat skill. Since her mercs may use items the WarCry barb only needs to stun stuff while the merc kills.

13. Quickdeath

Quickdeath Diabloii.Net Member

This is certifiably crazy. The 'Zon is really hard -but if Siege can get the Zon to clvl 30 and get a Valk it will start to become easier - just rely on the Valk and a Merc -but getting to 30 will be hard. And asking a lvl 20 Valk to kill Hell Ancients? Hooboy.

And why not a Hammerdin for the Pally? I'm not a Hammerdin fan, but if ever that build was justified it would be for your Nekkid Sept.

What Mercs should be used? I guess Might for the 'Zon and Necro, because it would be of most use to the Valk and Skellies. For the others should it be HF? or maybe a Rogue or Barb Merc?

14. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty Diabloii.Net Member

As a word of encouragement, I've had a level 25 Valkyrie take on the Ancients more or less singlehandedly. So it is possible...

I think Nacaa is onto something. I'll have to start a septavirate myself pretty soon.