Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My selfish thread: Take 3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SomeCanadianGuy, Mar 6, 2004.

1. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

My selfish thread: Take 3

At the beginning of February, I started a few threads about the general state of my life. If any of you remember, everything was ashambles. I was having problems at home with my relationship with my parents, my plans for my future fell apart; I didn't even know what I was doing in school anymore.

This is basically an update on that point in my life. I've been wanting to write it up for the past little while, and Anakha's thread was basically the swift kick in the arse required. So this is where I stand:

I'm still in cegep. I've decided to stick it out and remained in my program even though I'm switching out in the fall. I'm down to 5 courses, of which the credits from only 2 will be valid in the next semesters. I'm applying for a transfer into the Modern Languages program. I'll be learning all about languages of the world, most likely be taking German and Spanish. That way I'll be able to say more than just "Nein! Das ist mein Stuhl!" and "No bibo la agua. Dos cerverzas por favor, camarero!"

After about 6 weeks of seeing a career councillor, we've come to the following conclusions. My personality is "artistic with a realistic tendency." Apparently it explains why I have a problem with authority figures, and why I have a tendency to try and figure out my own way of doing everything, even if it's more complicated than the original. So, to be happy with work and in life, I'll need something that will allow me to satisfy both of those conditions.

Even though my personality seems to be more dominated by the artistic side, I decided I try going for a profession using things that I find more interesting to me: languages. Looks like I might be following in Durf's steps and becoming a translator (one more thing to blame on you! :p ). Languages are something that I've always loved, so I figured I might try my luck during my time in cegep (it's free, so what the heck) and fart around with some language courses. It'll give me a chance to see if I'm really taken by them, without any real worries. And to be sure that my artistic side isn't neglected, I figured I could use whatever excess time I have to just do some freelance writing, maybe even get some published if I'm lucky. *shrugs* Seems like a rather good plan to me for the moment.

Everything at home is pretty much ok now. Duked it out with my parents for about a week, and then we came to a mutual compromise. I do the dishes when I feel like it, as long as it's more then 3 times a week, assuming I'm home that often. I like having the option to choose when I can do it if I feel like it, so I do them more then I used to when I was forced to do them.... Kinda ironic...

So that's it. I'm doing ok for now. I'll have at least one semester of Modern Languages and that'll give me the opportunity to see how that is. That's one thing I like about cegep. Since it's free, aside from a few hundred dollars in administrative fees, you can spend a good while in it trying to figure out what you want to do in university. I'm not saying it's good to take advantage of the system, just that it's a good opportunity for someone who doesn't know what to do to try things and see.

2. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Good to hear that everything is going your way. :)

3. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Don't learn spanish, its the most horrid language every. I hate it oh so much and I'm only in spanish 2

4. SomeCanadianGuy

Wouldn't quite say everything is going my way perfectly, but definitely a lot better than it was before.

Yo hablo espanol un poquito.... I already speak it a bit, so it'd be building on a foundation a bit. Options are Spanish, Russian, German and Italian.

5. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Espanol es muy mal

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Si, espanol es muy mal. Ingles es muy bueno!

7. SomeCanadianGuy

Pero tu eres muy guapo! :wink2:

8. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

see th hates it too and he's only in spanish 1.

But hey lets not turn this into a thread about how much spanish sucks. I wish you luck in all the things you do in your life

9. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Ummm...burrito?

10. th5418

th5418 Banned

Yo es muy bonito, pero tu es muy fea. Si, fea

11. SomeCanadianGuy

Alright, dammit, that wasn't smart of me! Stop the thread hijack! I know I participated in it, but please.... Lets hope this thing lives past 3 posts before turning into nothing but a spamfest! :(

12. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Canadia, congratulations on getting a lot of stuff figured out. A translator certainly sounds like an interesting career. I say you learn Spanish so you can hang out in South America and be all cool. But then again, I'm partial to South America.

13. SomeCanadianGuy

I'm Canadian, or SCG, not Canadia. Canadia is that guy over there. *points to Corrupted Wish Game thread* :teeth:

14. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Man, that's the second time this week people have gotten SCG and Canadia mixed up. :teeth:

Good to hear things are gettnig better, man. :thumbsup:

15. AeroJonesy

*coughs*
    I'm coughing because I'm sick and sleep deprived. Not because I screwed up. I can't cover that one with a cough. Ayhow, I think it's the new 'tar throwing me for a loop. What happened to dancing Stewie?

16. SomeCanadianGuy

Dancin' Stewie been gone for a long time.... Didn't you notice the killer cod, the dancin chick and the horny fly as they went by over the past few weeks? Focus man, focus! You can't blame being sick on everything... :p

17. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Thats cool to hear...things are starting to work out well
    Good luck with languages and etc

(no se)

18. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Canadian you need to change your name, people keep getting us mixed up.

I bet one of us is gonna say something real bad(it will most likely be me) and then it will corrupt the image of the other person(you). So before I **** up you better change your name :teeth:

19. SomeCanadianGuy

Nu-uh bucko. I got seniority... I get to keep my name. You came in after me, so you change yours. Sorry kiddo, but that's the way the cookie crumbles! :teeth:

20. AeroJonesy

Oh man, but watch me try!

*blames his sickness on a commie pinko liberal and neo-con PNAC right wing tag team conspiracy*

Well I just remember you had the Stewie 'tar when you posted about your troubles. I thought, how can a guy with such a sweet avatar be having so many problems? That just ain't right.