Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My revised barb build - combo WW/conc

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Furball, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Furball

Furball IncGamers Member

My revised barb build - combo WW/conc

Well my first barb was one of the first characters I made when I first began playing D2. I was unfamiliar with what types of skills I would make best use of, thus after playing it for a couple years now, I have finally deployed the revised barb.

He's currently at level 54 and progressing well, thanks to muling the godly equipment from my old barb :D Anyway, here's what I've got in mind:

20 pts - Mace mastery
    20 - BO
    20 - Conc
    20 - WW

These are the definite ones...I've allocated 1 point to iron skin, berzerk and battle command as my only electives so far. All the other 1-pointers are pre-requisites to the skills I need. I'm thinking of maxing out Shout as the last option.

Thoughts?

(this is maul barb, not a 2-weapon wielder)

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: there's no point in maxing two non-synergetic combat skills. As you play, you'll find you're really only using one of the two 95% of the time, so the majority of the time those other 19-20 points are going to waste.

1 point of conc with mastery and 20 BO already does more damage than 20 whirl/20 mastery, so I'd probably just leave it at one. Otherwise, I'd just follow the guides in the sticky for point placement :)

-Hal

3. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

There's actually no point in maxing two non-synergetic combat skills. As you play, you'll notice that you're really only using one of the two 95% of the time, so the majority of the time those other 19-20 points are going to be of no use.

1 point of conc with mastery and 20 BO already does more damage than 20 whirl/20 mastery, so I'd strongly suggest you leave it at one.

Rik

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

You know, you could've just said "I agree with Hal," or such, rather than doing that copy/paste job ;D

It was funny though, lol

-Hal

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm i think your build is ok but temptation would most likely result in WW being used more often :( I would instead not go WW and get a usable level of warcry to stun crowds - and better defensively if you're a going with IK maul (did i assume correctly)? Think there was a forumite who had used a 2-h weapon and soloed hell HC with concentrate/wc combo :D Interestingly if you could somehow max bash that adds more damage to concentrate and with some +skills stun becomes an alternative fun attack with high AR (from concentrate) and dmg (from bash) and some +skills to get its stun length up hehe

6. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Its more credible that way,the guy would think,now two guys are saying the same thing,so it must be true. :p

besides I did some modifications. :D

Rik

7. Furball

Furball IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input everyone but I think I'm still going to proceed with the original plan. My character is shaping up nicely.