Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My return and eth cryptic axe question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by kanadah, May 21, 2008.

1. kanadah

kanadah IncGamers Member

My return and eth cryptic axe question

Hey everyone,

A few months ago I was just starting to get interested in being active on these forums, then decided to go cold turkey on D2 for my last really class-intensive semester. I'm back now, and have been working my (slightly) twinked blizzard sorc toward mat status. She's currently at 78 and sitting at the river of flame waypoint, so progress has been good (except for everything being cold immune in the viper temple, that took a while).

But something I've sought after my whole D2 single player career finally dropped for me on my way to the hellforge - an ethereal cryptic axe! This of course I want to use on my A2 mercs. I used the socketing cube recipe (figured so long as I got 4 or 5 I could live with it) and I rolled 5 sockets... so I guess that means obedience is the way to go there, right?

I have the runes except Fal and Ko... Ko I can cube from what I have, but I'm really feeling a bit too impatient to wait around for a Fal to drop. This is where I figure the topic should switch over to the trade forum, so I'll stop it here but will gladly listen to anyone willing to trade me one (I'm just not sure how single player trading works as I haven't done it before). I just wanted to check on what people's best recommendations would be before I go off trading.

Thanks!

2. Colorless Green

Colorless Green IncGamers Member

Re: My return and eth cryptic axe question

Obedience, definitely. However, as you'll find when you look over the trade rules, it'll be quite some time before you're able to trade for a Fal. I recommend spending some time doing p1 countess runs - it shouldn't take you too long to get one from there. The catch is that she's always CI, so your merc will have to do the killing (after you static her to 50% of course). If you don't have any other options (and you're RWM), an insight in any elite polearm (eth is preferrable obviously, but even non-eth ones will do) is an excellent cheap option, and will help while you're teleporting. Hell, it's cheap enough that you can do one in a higher-end exceptional polearm and you'll be alright. It shouldn't be too difficult for a minimally twinked char to do countess runs, as they should always be done on p1.

-CG

3. kanadah

kanadah IncGamers Member

Re: My return and eth cryptic axe question

Alright, thanks. I don't yet have an insight (although I swear I made one before the break... ah well) but I easily have the runes and just need to wait for another polearem to drop. Too bad all the Countess' minions are CI too (I believe)- I think I'll use my meteorber to run her instead (at least I can take out her minions easily that way).