Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My PvP Zealot :-)

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fredsta54, Apr 30, 2005.

1. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

My PvP Zealot :)

I just finished my PvP zealot at 85 (above l85 is just 2 painstaking for me) And i am so happy with him. He is strictly melee and he is the most fun char i have played in classic yet.

He uses a nice rare knout w/ +1 pally skills, 30 ias, 42-114 damage, and nice ar. he hits 4fpa zeal.

a rare ornate plate w/ 87x defense, 24 fhr, sum life, and -30 reqs.

Bloodfists

a rare +2 pally grim shield w/ 300 defense, 17 fhr and 30/20

Hsarus belt and boots

a rare grim helm w/ 23x defense, 10 fhr, and bonus to ar.

angelic rings and ammy

======================================================

As you can see from the gear hes pretty expensive and sucks vs casters. He is a solid brick wall when it comes to melee fighting though.

he has maxed fantasism, zeal, sacrifice, holy shield, and the rest of the points are dumped into defiance.

He can go into a BvB game and actually compete, well, against the barbs who try and ww me directly. If they have cold damage i switch to deaths belt and gob toe.

he has around 10k defense, over 20k ar, 400-1.1k zeal, which seems low, but at 4 fpa, at range 3 it does fine, specially here on classic

Fred

2. MrE

MrE Banned

I am impressed, I have two questions for you;

1. How well can he PVM in hell? He sounds like a paladin worthy of destroying monsters even if he is built for dueling.

2. When you are facing a barb, how do you handle their whirlwind? Do you stand still in their path swinging at them, try to move out of their way and do a few side swipes or something different?

~Mr.E

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Hey MrE,

Or should I say Joedamned.

Banned again

4. fredsta54

1. Well, for PvM he does fine against opponents with low or no elemnental attacks, but apart from that hes not that great due to no life or mana steal and no resists.

2. Against 2 handed ww barbs I just stand there and zeal them as they are wwing through me, an easy duel for the most part, unless their smart. Of course if they have no shield i can just charge them to death if i get the 1st hit in. Against barbs w/ shields (usually BvB's) i try and zeal them from the side using my range 3 vs their (usually) range 1 bhs. If they use naga they win about 60-40 if they dodge and are very experienced ww'ers. I have not been beaten by another zealot or melee character other than a good naga BvB or a 1 time incident... a holy freeze smiter w/ generals li tan do... a very frustrating and cheap fight.

Fred

5. fredsta54

comments// critique please ;-)

6. miceman

miceman IncGamers Member

that is just plain alwsome... makes me want to finish my pvp zealot... except for the part where you zealot has some really expencive gear and i'm not to rich :(

7. fredsta54

I dont think you need gear as good as mine to be a threat in melee duels. Basically just hit these goals:

48+ fhr
    4 fpa zeal w/ at least range 2 (range 1 is not viable imo, vs ww barbs which is your main opponent)
    max block
    highest defence you can get
    cannot be frozen
    100+ max damage on your weapon

W/ my zealot i either obliviated them or they destroyed me. Most people are stupid and ww directly through their opponent. I doubt you will beat a good naga/exe bvb who plays smart and has open wounds though.

Fred