Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My poison necro build NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Stosh the Overseer, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Stosh the Overseer

Stosh the Overseer IncGamers Member

My poison necro build NEED HELP

Hi all, since 1.10 and some new items, i'm thinking of only one thing : a necro using death's web and bramble.This necro is totally item dependant, but could get through hell with mostly epic playing.
    Seeing the bibles uphere i don't think i saw exactly wat i am planning, so allow me to expose it to yous.

First the stats:

1 teeth
    1 bone prison
    1 corps explosion (could be helping in all game)
    max poison dagger
    max poison explosion
    max poison nova

1 lower resist and all prereqs = 7pts

most i could in golem mastery admit 10 at clvl91
    20 iron golem and 2 prereqs (could blood golem be effective ? immortal thorns bug still exists ?)
    1 summon resist

that makes it 101pts at clvl91

My equip

shako (could be crown of ages but i prefer shako)
    Bramble runeword *
    death's web *
    mara's (cats eye if fast run is necessary but less 2 skills :( )
    ommonculus / boneflame / trang's wing
    2 sojs
    trang's belt / arachnid / verdungo
    marrow walk * (possible with others but you must aim this one)
    trang's gloves *
    no idea of a secondary weapon/shield (blackbog's, a wand with revives, call to arms ?)
    as many poison and bone skillers (i have 1)
    many resists and vita charms (faster run could be good to)
    raibow facet in wand, maybe shako, shield will depend on resists and charms
    = +10 all skills (with omon and trang's belt)
    +3 poison and bone
    +4 curses

* this means the item is necessary to the build

caracteristics

strength about 100 the less possible (118 is max needed for marrow walk, depends on the shield chosen)

dex i was thinking of max block (but it seems a bad idea for some ? need explanations)

vita the max possible of course

mana base or more if needed (max 70)

the merc

a thorns aura (only if aura add's up with bramble's, highly unlikely)
    a holy freeze (only if can't find/make a doom for merc)
    if i posses doom, and thorn's won't add up:
    a might (for good dammages)
    a prayer (golem will need some heeling)
    a barb for a 2nd good other tank which could deliver good dammages (especially with thorns)
    defiance isn't listed because it would lower the effectivness of the returned damage from golem.

his equip
    gaze + shael (also crown of thieves is a lower value possibility)
    chains of honor
    Doom / bonehew / arioc's needle / botd(doom would be much better and cheaper)

How all of this works out

thanks to items necro has :(according he uses trangs belt and omonculus)
    -40% to -65% enemy resist to poison(poison facets...)
    +65% to +75% poison damage
    50% hit recovery
    max block
    cannot be frozen
    a good life/mana added
    a good life/mana per kill
    75% or more mana regen
    1500 defence or more
    good resists
    lvl 33 bone prison (i think it add's as synergie ?)
    lvl 13 spirit of barbs (weak but returnes some damage more)
    a holy aura thx to merc

His weaknesses are fast run / fast cast / vitality . See to those with charms, also look for poison facets and poison skillers...

Now everything is explained, you guys who have experienced a similar necro build (maybe the same), please correct me where i'm wrong, give me as many hint's you could, and highlight all things i could have forgotten or missunderstood.I'm not sure if this will work out as great as i believe it will, and don't have yet these necessary items (death's web and bramble), to work it out by myself... All help will be mostly appreciated, thanks for reading and replys.

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

First you need 3 parts for Trang's set for the poison resist that it gives(gloves,belt,and shield)

Also, shield gives you +strength...so you won't have to put 118 into it (I did only 91)

I originally thought about using a Iron Golem at first...but decided to go with Skeletons instead, After maxxing out all my Poison skills, I put only 1 point(at first) into Skeleton Mastery.....then Maxxed Skeletons.

After they was done, started to finish off Skeleton Mastery. Wish the + skills for me items(and only 1 point into Skeleton Mastery) I had 14 to it.

I'm at level 84 as of now, and have only a few problems in Hell itself, and that's only the gloams and their relatives in act's 3-4-5(though Lower Resists fixes that)

If you need further prove about this build, you may ask BeatBoxer(since I helped level him quite a bit with my Venom/Summoner.

Any further questions feel free to ask,

HoS

3. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

As a poison necro myself (and playing necros exclusively for the last 5 years) , i would never bother going for max block with a poison necro. Vitality is a better option, as you should not really be getting hit as your nova will be taking everyone right around you pretty damn quickly

The following setup is mine (i am not saying it is perfect but it can solo hell with no problems)

The setup i currently use is
    50% Bramble
    47% Deaths Web with 5/5 poison facet
    Shako with 5/5 poison facet
    2 x soj
    trang belt, wing with p diamond, and gloves for -25% enemies poison res
    30% maras
    8 x P and B Gcs
    Crafted boots (30% faster r/w, +19 to mana, increase maximum mana 5%, regen mana 9%, fire resist 39%) as i refused to exploit the marrowalk bug (if thats what it is.... lol)

This gives me a 10637-10953 PN which equates to about 16500 approx when used with lower res. I would no way bother putting ANY points in iron golem, always always use clay. He is cheap, slows, and you don't lose a good item when YOU die, which will probably happen at some point!

Basically, max all poison synergies
    one point each curse
    all other points divided between skeleton mastery (for revives) and corpse explosion for even faster killing.

and as the other guys said, enough points in str to equip items, rest in vita

I completed hell without much bother at all (a holy freeze merc is a great help)

If u need any more info then please pm me, i would be glad to help

somewhatdamaged

4. Machoclown

Machoclown IncGamers Member

Hi...

Great info, I play a Necro a lot. But never played a poison Necro..

Little question, how is the - poison Resistance on a Death's Web Wand activated? Just wearing it or you have to actually hit monster with it??

Thanks in advance

Machoclown

5. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

As soon as you equip the deaths web, the -% poison damage is taken into account (and your poison damage should go up by that %)

6. Stosh the Overseer

Thanks for the help people :thumbsup: it's appreciated

I still have some questions :
    What is this -25% resist with trang's, I tried wearing the 3 and only things that appear is mana regen fire skills and cold resist on belt ?

Also I'm now thinking of going the revives way (not quit sure yet), with 20 in skeleton mastery, summon resist and prereqs ... And don't really know where to waste the spare points, it seems with all these +skills that there's no way that would make a great change ... (I still believe an iron golem could be good)

About the marrowalk boots, this isn't a bug ! Seeing a recent thread in sorcy forum, i learnt that all charged item count as synergies if no point is actually spent in these skills ... this would give me a free +33 bone prison and a 650 dammage absorb bone armor ... (i hope this was what u meant?)

I still have no idea of a 2nd hand except Call to Arms (I've got so much to find already that i can't think of that yet ...)

Hehe i'm waiting for some more post 8D !

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Revives take up too much mana, and you would kill faster than they can anyway. Try getting 11 revives out, and see how fast your mana goes bye bye.

Skeletons I find, make a better fit for a Venomancer... and have served me well. Also. they don't die as often(or cost as much mana)

Marrowwalk's is a bug. Put 1 point into Bone Prison then tell everyone your findings.

As for summon Resists, you only need 1 point into it...let + skills do the rest for you.

Gumby will do slow, is cheaper to recast and don't die as often with 12 Skeletons, add a HF merc....and is great. (though I took a might merc)

HoS

8. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

The Trangs-Oul Wing needs to be dropped in 1.10 to get the green bonus -25% poison resistance, if you have a 1.09 version it will not get the bonus although it will help other parts of the set get their bonuses. See the Set Items on Arreat Summit for other details

Putting 20 points into Skel Mastery just for Revives is a waste since Revives have big bonusses already and of course they dumb, hard to move around and only last a short while. Skeleton Warriors are really tough now and a good support for your necro that move at the same speed as you and can kill just about anything in Nighmare and most stuff in Hell. I would put 20 into Skel Warriors, 1 point in Skel Mastery and 1 into revives letting plus skills add more, in fact that is what I'm doing right now with my daggernancer :D

I agree with you and intend to make use of the Marrowalks Bonus Synergy too ;). Be careful to NOT put any points into bone prison to get the bonus to your Bone Armour. Many people on this site insist it is a "bug" for some strange reason and regretably this has become a fashion, but that can not be true since code had to be added to give the feature to all charged items. Any item carrying charges can potentially give a synergy bonus under the correct conditions so this is a general feature of the 1.10 patch that Blizzard intended to work this way.

As to the 2nd weapon on your weapon switch how about trying the Fleshripper fanged knife? It could help you kill bosses quickly using the poison dagger skill for AR to get hits and crushing blow to reduce their hit points fast.

9. Stosh the Overseer

I tried out my old skeleton pals from 1.09 and it's great to see they are far from beeing weak now ... so I think I'm gonna put those 20 pts into raise skeleton 1 mastery 1 revives 1 resist and prereqs .I also thought of dropping a point into bone wall (I could use it if ever I duel a bit), and all the rest into clay golem.
    I have 2 trang wings and they're both 1.09 :(
    This fleshripper looks very nice indeed but I guess it's hard to find too ...
    Thx again all