Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My poison nec gear - opinions needed

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Shinakuma, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Shinakuma

Shinakuma IncGamers Member

My poison nec gear - opinions needed

Hey people i just created a strictly poison necro that does sick damage but i notice that I'm in need of some better stuff especially in hell. Here's what I got:
    Shako
    Vipermage
    Blackbog's Sharp
    Homonculus
    Trang Gloves
    +1 skills ammy
    Marrowalks
    Belt = lame

What I plan to get in a few days:
    +3 p/b circlet - socketed twice(from Larzuk quest*) with 2 4/5 poison facets
    Bramble Armor
    Blackbog - socketed with a poison facet
    +3 Boneflame - UMed
    +3 p/b ammy
    Arach Mesh
    Trang Gloves
    Marrowwalk
    SoJ
    Ravenfrost
    Annihilus

I went to a character planner and did some math and with the + to poison damage the the gloves, armor and facets, Poison Nova for example should be doing around 8217 damage and poison dag around 33k assuming i make the crappiest bramble armor ever seen ;-)... and thats not including any p/b charms... o_O Thats my dream setup... what you guys think?

*BTW- you can get 1 or 2 sockets from the larzuk quest in magical items... i hope im that lucky.

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I think you should trade that bramble for a deaths web.

Get rid of the crappy bflame, those things are pretty lousy. I'd suggest using trang's head with the belt and gloves for the additional -% res in gear if your pure poison. -% res in gear is the most important stat for a venomancer.

3. Shinakuma

Good call.

4. Shinakuma

Look below.

5. Shinakuma

Actually I have a little bit of a problem with that setup. For one I'd have to give up 3 key spots for a possible -75% in resistance and a overall drop in plus to skills, not to mention I still plan on using poison dagger on bosses. Considering what I have above, a simple application of Lower Resist(level 9/possibly higher) would theoretically drop the enemy's poison close to the -100% cap. Also Trang's Wing has crappy resistances on it. I dont mean to sound harsh but im just overly analytical. With my setup I have good resistances, good poison damage, and the plus to skills gives me the luxury of having decent curses as well.

6. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

You're forgetting something though. Minus to resists is actually FAR more important than either +skills or +% damage, as it not only ups the damage you do by lowering resists but also (strangely enough) increases the duration of your poison (without lowering the per second damage). Moreover, there's a problem with assuming Lower Resist is "enough." No matter how much Lower Resist does, it usually only barely breaks an immune's resist. Your gear's minus to resists is applied AFTER this, which means an encounted with immunes looks something liek this:

Cast Lower Resist - enemy's immunity is broken, and is just below 100%
    Hit enemy - minus resist from gear is applied, taking the enemy down to at least 50%
    Enemy DIES . . .

Hence, Trang's Shield is a very handy item. As far as resists are concerned, consider socketing a P-Diamond and getting some nice small charms - they do wonders.

7. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

:hanky:

*sobb*

This brings a tear to my eye. This is just...beautiful :thumbsup:

8. Shinakuma

Well, don't I feel noobish now :p
    Thanks for the info I guess I had some more reading I had to do. It still kinda sux though that I wont be able to use poison dagger and take advantage of the minus to resists considering it does crazy insane damage. Oh well... its not a perfect world after all....

9. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Nuthin but love for my neccy mentor - once again, necrochild - you're the man! :yep:

10. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

Wow long time no post

Ok i havent been on here in a while but well. I made a freaking amazing psn necro probably over a year ago now. Anyways bramble is **** it isnt worth it. Enigma is much more useful for the mobility, think hit and run. Deaths web is essential. I can't remember exactly the gear I had but I *think* it was something like this:
    Shako with 5/5
    Trang Gloves
    Trang Belt
    Trang Shield
    Enigma
    Deaths Web with 5/5
    Soj/ravenfrost or dual soj I cant remember
    I wanna say Mara's ammy if that makes sense
    10 pnb with life <-----this is key

I think I was doing something ridiculous like 11 or 12k nova dmg mind you this character was built for pvp. Couldnt tell you life or resists, but just get some sc to round taht out. I could be wrong but I think you need the three trangs for a sweet bonus that i cant remember. Anyways my 2 cents from an old warrior. peace.