My /player dilemma

Helpmeplease

Diabloii.Net Member
My /player dilemma

I really need to know how to change my /player setting from /player 1 to /player 2.

I tried typing "/player 2" and I don't think it worked. It didn't even say anything...all it said was:

Zealot: /player 2

Is that supposed to happen?

dragon457

Diabloii.Net Member
Helpmeplease said:
I really need to know how to change my /player setting from /player 1 to /player 2.

I tried typing "/player 2" and I don't think it worked. It didn't even say anything...all it said was:

Zealot: /player 2

Is that supposed to happen?
It's /players x, not /player. Make sure you use an 's' at the end of 'player'.

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
It also depends on what version you have. If it's 1.09 I'm pretty sure you don't need the / before players. If it's 1.10 it should work.

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure about this at all since I haven't played 1.09 in a long time. But I believe that it doesn't give you say a message to say that the players have been brought up. Try to remember your killing speed with only players 1, then type in players 8, if it seems like it's taking longer to kill then there is no indication besides the increase in monster hp that the players is increased.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
For 1.10 it's /players x, this will give you a message when it's right. In 1.07-1.09 it's players x, which wont give you any message.

Remember that it does not work instantly to all critters on sight, only for those not yet activated in the game, so it's better to do this in town before you start gaming, or before you enter a particular area.

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
It doesn't work in 1.07 if my memory serves me right. Which is one the difficulty of the patch.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm I might remember wrong, but iirc that's the first patch it came up...might be 1.08 or 1.09 though....

Been awhile heh